There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(08-25-2021, 02:27 PM)lionuk Wrote: @Tonpa I'm unable to figure out where to see that older cub on these slides. I can see the younger one, so can you point out where is the older cub?

I thought it was this one

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Two of three new Torchwood cubs - Nkorho Lodge 

9 users Like Tonpa's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 06:55 PM by Mabingilane )

New Torchwood cubs, wow. 

I think they look like they are just under 2 months old. 
Maybe born in early-ish July imo.

Does anyone know how many adult females the pride has nowadays? This pride is often a mystery due to splits in the pride etc.
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(08-25-2021, 06:53 PM)Mistry109 Wrote: New Torchwood cubs, wow. 

Does anyone know how many adult females the pride has nowadays?  This pride is often a mystery due to splits in the pride etc.

Should be 13 if all alive, but they are rarely all together, if i remember 10 females where seen together few months ago..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-25-2021, 05:49 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Two of three new Torchwood cubs - Nkorho Lodge 

The Kruger males are doing a good job rising cubs in the Torchwood pride
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 01:06 AM by Tonpa )

Dark Mane tried to bring down a young elephant that charged him on the Djuma Dam Cam. The Elephant's herd came to it's rescue 

11 users Like Tonpa's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(08-25-2021, 07:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 06:53 PM)Mistry109 Wrote: New Torchwood cubs, wow. 

Does anyone know how many adult females the pride has nowadays?  This pride is often a mystery due to splits in the pride etc.

Should be 13 if all alive, but they are rarely all together, if i remember 10 females where seen together few months ago..

They are probably the largest pride in all of Kruger by adult females, 13 is just insane...

Selati was the closest match, they had over 10 around the era of the Golf Course males
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 06:40 AM by 1999gc8 )

This was posted on instagram 5 days ago. Unsure if it's related to when Auntie was attacked and hurt quite bad or another incident. 

There are six cubs in this pride. This lioness showing bloody battle scars has fought off male intruders during the night who would kill the cubs .There are only two cubs with her. Where are the other 4 ? We dare not think of the worst case.

6 users Like 1999gc8's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Plains Camps in western sector :

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Guess Mohawk and Blondie came back north lol
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(08-26-2021, 03:49 AM)1999gc8 Wrote: This was posted on instagram 5 days ago. Unsure if it's related to when Auntie was attacked and hurt quite bad or another incident. 

There are six cubs in this pride. This lioness showing bloody battle scars has fought off male intruders during the night who would kill the cubs .There are only two cubs with her. Where are the other 4 ? We dare not think of the worst case.

I think this was reffered to when Auntie Othawa was seen injured few weeks ago.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-26-2021, 03:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Plains Camps in western sector :

It seems that these two are great hunters. I haven't seen them in bad shape in a long time. Of which is good, they're still young and if they has success with the hunt they'll grown quickly, big and healthy. Mantimahle blood is something else. Such big specimen of male lions.
7 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(08-26-2021, 03:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Plains Camps in western sector :

Doesn't that mean that they are or not far from Othawa's territory again? I recall they were in that area just 2 months' ago before moving away from that area. Also, Mhangeni Pride lionesses are somewhere in the western sector..
3 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Kambula lioness suckling her 3 remaining cubs. Another female with suckle marks in the foreground. Hopefully we get to see the other cubs soon 
Photo by Gameranger Robb 

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

They have been circling around the area for a while now.
I guess now Sym is death and Nym and the other nomadic males probably wont be that difficult to chase off or perhaps even kill. They will likely take Singita.