There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Blondemane Offline

(05-27-2020, 08:12 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 04:03 AM)Blondemane Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 01:33 PM)Selati Wrote: Birminghams definitely showing they still have it recently, what with chasing the 4 N'waswitshaka Males and now the Othawa Male. Was expecting some interaction between the 2 due to the Othawa Male mating with the Kambula lioness recently. I think Northern Avoca expansion into Northern MalaMala and Londolozi is more due to the Nkuhuma Pride filling the void left there by the Styx Pride becoming nomadic. Don't think its the Northern Avocas actively trying to take over Birmingham territory.

They already chased Othawa male few times before, hes playing with fire, Tinyo and Nhenha are not a joke.

Yea, N. Avocas only follow Nkuhumas south in empty territory, Avocas never step a foot on Bboys territory (if they would, Bboys will definetly intervene) , and with Blondie chronic limp, they dont have the power to face Bboys. 

Tinyo and Nhenha are in top condition and currently theres no males that can threat them in Sabi Sands,we'll see in future with 4 N'ws if they decide to push north.
avocas roam into mala mala, londolozi, on other hand BBoys never cross to avocas territory, recent and when they were 4 in coalition, i think Mfumo tried that and things gone wrong for him.

The Birmingham and Mfumo never have been seen interested in take again the Northern Parts of the Reserve, If they have wanted that, They for sure had do 100%, In that moment the Birmingham males had a lot of advantage. Size, Number, and most importantly the experience

Also if there had been any fight between Avoca / Birmimgham, I'm sure they could have witnessed it.
not everything that happens in the bush is witnessed by someone, especially at night. The rangers said avocas had been mating with torchwood pride, you don't believe it because you haven't seen any videos or photos, but arathusa ranger told weeks ago that have been alot of lioness in avoca territory, but u tought that must be lioness and cubs, but cubs dont make male lions busy only lioness especially in eostrus... when a lion moves to an area, it does not mean that he wants to take over that area, they just wander a lot and sometimes end up having an unexpected surprise... if you speculate that bboys even now with old age will beat avoca easily, i can speculate a bit too.. if avocas reunite again then the 2 BBoys will run for their lifes. avocas have been roaring in north mala mala, londolozi for months, bboys never do anything like they did in sabi sabi with NWs, but i understand them, Blondie scream/roar is quiet scary.
1 user Likes Blondemane's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-27-2020, 09:50 AM)Txxx! Wrote: Remember correctly
. I have seen Images of this lion in 2019. Interesting how it has come to MalaMala. By the way.

Mohawk has a lump under his elbows. I guess that's TB, that's how they said it in Wildearth. (Sorry for delay in replying, That was due I am only allowed to comment or make 5 posts, IDK Why.)

Lump doesnt neccesarly mean that he has TB.. It might be swollen from something..

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-27-2020, 03:10 PM)Blondemane Wrote: not everything that happens in the bush is witnessed by someone, especially at night. The rangers said avocas had been mating with torchwood pride, you don't believe it because you haven't seen any videos or photos, but arathusa ranger told weeks ago that have been alot of lioness in avoca territory, but u tought that must be lioness and cubs, but cubs dont make male lions busy only lioness especially in eostrus... when a lion moves to an area, it does not mean that he wants to take over that area, they just wander a lot and sometimes end up having an unexpected surprise... if you speculate that bboys even now with old age will beat avoca easily, i can speculate a bit too.. if avocas reunite again then the 2 BBoys will run for their lifes. avocas have been roaring in north mala mala, londolozi for months, bboys never do anything like they did in sabi sabi with NWs, but i understand them, Blondie scream/roar is quiet scary.

Why would BBoy intervene if Avocas dont roar on their territory? They know that Avocas are their northern neigbours, and Avocas never past and roar south of Mluwati dam which almost on the north MalaMala border, rangers confirm that Bboys and Kambulas where never seen that far north.. 

N. Avocas dont have any reason to invade Bboys because they are still mating with Nkuhuma lionesses and possibly Torchwood.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Blondemane Offline

(05-27-2020, 03:47 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 03:10 PM)Blondemane Wrote: not everything that happens in the bush is witnessed by someone, especially at night. The rangers said avocas had been mating with torchwood pride, you don't believe it because you haven't seen any videos or photos, but arathusa ranger told weeks ago that have been alot of lioness in avoca territory, but u tought that must be lioness and cubs, but cubs dont make male lions busy only lioness especially in eostrus... when a lion moves to an area, it does not mean that he wants to take over that area, they just wander a lot and sometimes end up having an unexpected surprise... if you speculate that bboys even now with old age will beat avoca easily, i can speculate a bit too.. if avocas reunite again then the 2 BBoys will run for their lifes. avocas have been roaring in north mala mala, londolozi for months, bboys never do anything like they did in sabi sabi with NWs, but i understand them, Blondie scream/roar is quiet scary.

Why would BBoy intervene if Avocas dont roar on their territory? They know that Avocas are their northern neigbours, and Avocas never past and roar south of Mluwati dam which almost on the north MalaMala border, rangers confirm that Bboys and Kambulas where never seen that far north.. 

N. Avocas dont have any reason to invade Bboys because they are still mating with Nkuhuma lionesses and possibly Torchwood.
Why BBoys entered in SabiSabi to confront NW's if that its not their territory? yes i agree with you, they know who are their northern neighbours very well...

Georgia Dreadlocks Offline

If you remember in march and may  2018 Bboys went back chased Avocas ,  after that Bboys never goes back to djuma. only  after 6-7 month later Avoca start to takover Nkuhuma pride.  about NWs  I think they came closer and closer to Bboys territory and Tinyo and Nhenha show them power. for me Bboys are one of the best coalition in sabi sand all time. sorry for my english.
2 users Like Dreadlocks's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 09:26 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-27-2020, 04:12 PM)Blondemane Wrote: Why BBoys entered in SabiSabi to confront NW's if that its not their territory? yes i agree with you, they know who are their northern neighbours very well...

Northeastern Sabi Sabi, where the chase happened is the border of Bboys territory, and you can occasionaly see there Bboys as well as Kambulas (from Sabi Sabi reports), and we only seen part of the chase in Sabi Sabi, N'ws most likely ventured into MalaMala and get chased to Sabi Sabi..

Thats one thing, second is, that all dominant males know their neigbours, from roars who can be heard to 8 km (MalaMala main camp, center of Bboys territory and Djuma is about 8 km distance, so they are hearing each others roars for 2 yrs now, and they are very familiar to sound of it), they know them, but N'ws roars where new to them,and they where roaring on their border/territory so they came to investigate and leave a message to newcomers that further north is their territory.. After the chase N'ws where not seen further north than very south of Sabi Sabi area.

If the N. Avocas come close to MalaMala Main Camp area and roar like that, than thats different story and you would see a reaction from BBoys. 

Idk where is even the point of this discussion, Bboys and N. Avocas wont clash in near future, thats for sure (ofc is situation stays like this, without new coalition pushing one or another out).
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(05-27-2020, 09:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 04:12 PM)Blondemane Wrote: Why BBoys entered in SabiSabi to confront NW's if that its not their territory? yes i agree with you, they know who are their northern neighbours very well...

Northeastern Sabi Sabi, where the chase happened is the border of Bboys territory, and you can occasionaly see there Bboys as well as Kambulas (from Sabi Sabi reports), and we only seen part of the chase in Sabi Sabi, N'ws most likely ventured into MalaMala and get chased to Sabi Sabi..

Thats one thing, second is, that all dominant males know their neigbours, from roars who can be heard to 8 km (MalaMala main camp, center of Bboys territory and Djuma is about 8 km distance, so they are hearing each others roars for 2 yrs now, and they are very familiar to sound of it), they know them, but N'ws roars where new to them,and they where roaring on their border/territory so they came to investigate and leave a message to newcomers that further north is their territory.. After the chase N'ws where not seen further north than very south of Sabi Sabi area.

If the N. Avocas come close to MalaMala Main Camp area and roar like that, than thats different story and you would see a reaction from BBoys. 

Idk where is even the point of this discussion, Bboys and N. Avocas wont clash in near future, thats for sure (ofc is situation stays like this, without new coalition pushing one or another out).
100% true both coalitions are respecting the distance between each territories.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Plains Camp at Nottens :

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 01:21 AM by Timbavati )

Talamati Male

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-28-2020, 01:21 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Talamati Male

Nice find, is it recent?

You can post about him in "Matimba Sons" thread.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(05-28-2020, 01:46 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 01:21 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Talamati Male

Nice find, is it recent?

You can post about him in "Matimba Sons" thread.

Thanks You, "Sorry for post in this Thread."

This Picture is from April 2018 in Pretoriuskop area.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Othawa pride with Hairy Belly:

https://www.facebook.com/101179408692/po...956738693/

Mini Matimbas are getting bigger, and 2 males are starting to show manes, they will reach the size of an adult lioness towards the end of this year, as they get 2 yrs old:

Junior was not with the pride on this sighting, prob close by.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(05-28-2020, 01:57 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Othawa pride with Hairy Belly:

https://www.facebook.com/101179408692/po...956738693/

Mini Matimbas are getting bigger, and 2 males are starting to show manes, they will reach the size of an adult lioness towards the end of this year, as they get 2 yrs old:

Junior was not with the pride on this sighting, prob close by.

Future Kings!
Three Bloodline in a gorgeous boy, Mapogo,Matimba and the Majingilane!
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Those two young Othawas will be absolutely beastly if they reach adulthood. All males which came out from Othawa pride were impressive so far and if you add to it Southern Matimbas genes there will came out monsters like Charlestons once were, just give them two more years to grow up.
4 users Like Potato's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Great footage
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post