There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-02-2019, 05:25 AM)epaiva Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 01:16 AM)Pckts Wrote:

marlondutoit

A massive male Jaguar gives us a full sense of his size as he stretches out while scent-marking his territory. It’s difficult to truly appreciate the size of the cats by looking at a picture. Try imagine a leopard weighing in at the same weight as a lioness! Yup, that’s right! Crazy but true!!
@Pckts
I am sure you will take good pictures of Jaguars in El Pantanal

I hope so, I'm having an absolute nightmare with flights right now, I've had 3 different ones all get rescheduled or canceled so I'm waiting till it gets a little closer before I book another one.
Nothing trip threatening but still a hassle none the less.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Paulo Barreiros‎ 

Jaguar 
Pantanal, Brazil 
ISO1000, 1/800 s f/7,1 100-400 mm

*This image is copyright of its original author

Bigcat Enthusiast

marlondutoit

The Jaguar’s home in the Pantanal changes drastically from one season to the next. During the summer rains the Pantanal turns into the world’s largest wetland. Much of the rain comes across from the adjacent mighty Amazon.

During the dry season (May - Oct) the water vanishes and Jaguar start to patrol the riverbanks in search of potential prey. During summer game’s dispersed & most land mammals avoid the water & seek shelter on remaining islands. The dry season though all wildlife are attracted to the remaining water channels & this is why our game viewing in the Pantanal is so sensational. The two key prey species for the Jaguar - Cayman & Capybara - are now condensed & the Jaguars congregate & hunt daily.

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Peruvian jaguar with a 'leopard like' coat pattern, beautiful.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Paulo Barreiros
Jaguar dealing with the aftermath of a big bush fire that, during a whole week, devasted the best place in the world to see Jaguars. The authorities did nothing. 
If you think that’s bad, imagine now that this new fascist government wants to end all protected land in Brazil!...
Even though almost all the tourism companies operating in Pantanal voted & campaigned for Bolsonazi (applauding his fascism, racism, misogyny, homophobia; the will to wipe out all the minorities – including the Indians! -; anti-intellectualism; anti public universities; anti-environment protection; the promise to bring back hunting as a “sport”,…) , we need you guys to come over here and appreciate the amazing Brazilian. Nowadays, respectful ecotourism is the best tool to protect wildlife and its ecosystem.
But that alone won’t work. People around the world, mainly from the so-called rich countries need, must, start a boycott campaign against me main products of the Brazilian agrobusiness: soya, beef/meat and timber. That's the only way to avoid the total devastation of the Brazilian ecosystems

This was from 6 years ago

Bigcat Enthusiast

Jags camera trapped in San Miguelito jaguar Conservation Reserve, Bolivia 

Bigcat Enthusiast

Paulo Barreiros
Jaguar 

Northern Pantanal, Brazil 

Dense female.

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Some jaguars from different regions

Uruguay:

Argentina;

Paraguay

Bigcat Enthusiast

marlondutoit
I still vividly remember the rush of excitement as my guests & I spotted this good looking male Jaguar on this fallen tree at first light. We passed that tree every day & not a day went by that I did not wish to see a Jaguar sprawled out over it! What a sighting & moment that was!
@michel_zoghzoghi - recognize the tree? ?

pantanalsafaris

The Northern Pantanal is a unique wetland and offers great opportunities to spot and photograph jaguars In the wild. This image is non ordinary since there are only two female jaguars known in the area to get up high in the trees and even hunt on caiman from trees. Discover the Pantanal with us and come eye to eye with the magnificant jaguars. 

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

Pantanal & Rainforests Expeditions-Jaguar 
Northern Pantanal, Brazil 
www.pantanalrainforests.com

United States animalfan6 Away
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 09:40 PM by Rishi )

jaguars are awesome!   Excited

Bigcat Enthusiast

Bigcat Enthusiast

Paulo Barreiros

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

Beautiful powerful Jaguar in el Pantanal
Credit to Jacobo Friera Acebal 

Bigcat Enthusiast

Paulo Barreiros
Bororo, while he was still with his mom, the legendary Ruth.