There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crocodile and Big cats Interaction

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

4 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Account from Zimbabwe where a pride of lions according to this wild life watcher began regularly to kill crocodiles...

" The adaptation of the Tashinga Pride, to the elements of the terrain and climate, and how these traits are starting to migrate to other areas. "
4 users Like Spalea's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

crocodiledunphd
Happy World Tiger Day! Here in Chitwan, tiger and gharial range overlaps, and we occasionally record gharial-tiger interactions. Here a tiger walks along the beach, whilst a mother gharial is guarding her hatchlings down in the river. The female gharial is showing a defensive response to a potential threat: she is facing the tiger, and following the tiger's upstream movement. The babies are in the water around her. This is a large female gharial: a tiger would be unlikely (and pretty crazy) to take her on, and I'm not sure who I'd put my money on. However, there is at least one record of an adult tiger killing an adult female gharial in the 1990s, so it can happen, probably only for small females caught onland and unaware. This video is from a 2019 camera trap at the most isolated site we monitor gharial at, a beautiful downstream gorge just before the river flows to India. Here the Narayani is collected into a single very deep channel, where we sometimes see the last dolphin of the Narayani too. Tigers use these beaches as easy walking routes, on some days we see hundreds of tiger footprints from a few different tigers over a day of fieldwork. Nepal is really winning at tiger conservation, hopefully river conservation will follow the same trends in the future!
2 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding
5 users Like Sully's post

Wildanimal Lover

Incredible sighting at Entabeni Game Reserve in the Waterberg. Were these lions really determined to kill this crocodile ? I doubt it...

2 users Like Spalea's post

Italy AndresVida Offline
Animal Enthusiast

For anyone interested in jaguars @GuateGojira @Pckts @Dark Jaguar

Very cool find, a large adult female Morelet's crocodile killed by a jaguar in Guatemala

*This image is copyright of its original author

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguarland/comm..._morelets/
2 users Like AndresVida's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

"These three pictures are of a Jaguar trying to kill a caiman. She didn’t get it this time but look at the determination/pain on her face,Her eyes are red. We acatully think the Caiman bit her underwater as she was limping when she got out of the water. The second and third pic you can see the Caiman underwater."

matt14757
2 users Like Luipaard's post

Bitishannah Offline

Do black caimans fall prey to jaguars?

https://youtu.be/l_MnRDPtMKs

Wildanimal Lover

@Bitishannah

About #204:

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Bitishannah Offline
Photo 

(09-14-2022, 03:07 AM)Spalea Wrote: @Bitishannah

About #204:

It's the same video that I posted.

Wildanimal Lover

@Bitishannah :

" It's the same video that I posted. "

Yes, but you haven't downloaded the video. It's easy to make it quickly, see the forum tutorial.

Bitishannah Offline

Jaguar dragging a giant black caiman it killed.

Wildanimal Lover

Three lions defending their meals, an hippo corpse, into the water and surrounded by crocs. The lioness is at the good place between the two males... Moremi Games Reserve in Botswana.

2 users Like Spalea's post

Apex Titan Offline

(07-22-2022, 03:21 AM)Spalea Wrote: Incredible sighting at Entabeni Game Reserve in the Waterberg. Were these lions really determined to kill this crocodile ? I doubt it...

I feel sorry for the crocodile, but the male lion looks very cute nipping and pulling on the crocodile like that. Like it was playing with the croc.

If the lion wanted to actually kill that crocodile, then there certainly would have been a dead crocodile. The lion was much bigger.