There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

United States sik94 Online
Sikander Hayat

These males really have those typical Nkuhuma Sizannani faces with those noses. Especially the male in the back in the second clip.
2 users Like sik94's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

The Southern Avoca male feeding on the carcass of a bull rhino that was killed by a rival bull
9 users Like Horizon's post

United States T_Ferguson Online
( This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 08:01 PM by T_Ferguson Edit Reason: Formatting )

I feel so sad for that boy.  He's a fighter though.  I honestly didn't think he'd make it this long.  I just don't know where he fits in now with all that's going on in Sabi.
3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Ttimemarti Offline

He’s got options but as of right now I don’t think he’s looking for a partner

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(12-17-2023, 09:35 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: He’s got options but as of right now I don’t think he’s looking for a partner

To be fair we don’t know what males he’s come across to assume he’s not looking for a partner or atleast wouldn’t settle down with one he comes across. He’s been in an area where the only nomads seemingly close enough to him would’ve been, Talamati males, Nkuhuma Male and Floppy Ear.

He was seen defending his kill from Floppy Ear and chasing him but he’s too young to see as a reliable partner imo, the way I see it strong males are attracted to other strong males. Smart thing for him to do would be to stay with Floppy Ear for the sole benefit of having an additional body to hunt and keep in fine condition and if he finds better partners, leave him. 

As for Talamati males and Nkuhuma Male we don’t know if he’s come across them yet. However, being in Northern Londolozi or possibly even Western Sabi Sands by now, he’s got a much better chance finding a partner if he’s interested in one.
2 users Like KM600's post

WildLeonis Away
( This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 10:49 PM by WildLeonis )

(12-17-2023, 02:51 PM)Horizon Wrote:

The Southern Avoca male feeding on the carcass of a bull rhino that was killed by a rival bull
Good to see this guy hanging in there. I must admit when I first saw the picture I thought the blue tarp or whatever that is looked like the bottom half of a human body which scared me. Of course common sense prevailed. If he’d killed a person there wouldn’t be pictures posted here. Thankfully.
2 users Like WildLeonis's post

NLAL11 Offline

(12-17-2023, 10:48 PM)WildLeonis Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 02:51 PM)Horizon Wrote:

Good to see this guy hanging in there. I must admit when I first saw the picture I thought the blue tarp or whatever that is looked like the bottom half of a human body which scared me. Of course common sense prevailed. If he’d killed a person there wouldn’t be pictures posted here. Thankfully.
I honestly thought that was a pair of jeans at first glance.
1 user Likes NLAL11's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(12-17-2023, 10:30 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 09:35 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: He’s got options but as of right now I don’t think he’s looking for a partner

To be fair we don’t know what males he’s come across to assume he’s not looking for a partner or atleast wouldn’t settle down with one he comes across. He’s been in an area where the only nomads seemingly close enough to him would’ve been, Talamati males, Nkuhuma Male and Floppy Ear.

He was seen defending his kill from Floppy Ear and chasing him but he’s too young to see as a reliable partner imo, the way I see it strong males are attracted to other strong males. Smart thing for him to do would be to stay with Floppy Ear for the sole benefit of having an additional body to hunt and keep in fine condition and if he finds better partners, leave him. 

As for Talamati males and Nkuhuma Male we don’t know if he’s come across them yet. However, being in Northern Londolozi or possibly even Western Sabi Sands by now, he’s got a much better chance finding a partner if he’s interested in one.

He and the talamati boys have all been in the south and around the same area for awhile if he wanted too he could’ve found any of the nomads but he looks like he wants to stay alone for now he not really moving around until recently Many nomads for him Nkuhuma skorro breakaway talamati boys Styx probably not tho plains camp boy and sand river boys if he decides to go south but he doesn’t wanna go south and hasn’t since his brother disappeared at the end of the day we don’t know but he is alone and has been alone

( This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:02 AM by KM600 )

(12-17-2023, 11:42 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 10:30 PM)KM600 Wrote:

He and the talamati boys have all been in the south and around the same area for awhile if he wanted too he could’ve found any of the nomads but he looks like he wants to stay alone for now he not really moving around until recently Many nomads for him Nkuhuma skorro breakaway talamati boys Styx probably not tho plains camp boy and sand river boys if he decides to go south but he doesn’t wanna go south and hasn’t since his brother disappeared at the end of the day we don’t know but he is alone and has been alone

We don’t know the behaviour of Khanya and Dzwihala, u also have to remember meeting up with 2 big young males is always a risk for a lone male lion unless they are 100% sure they’ll welcome him instead of attacking him and possibly even killing him. We also don’t know if they have met up before or even had any kind of interaction based on the lack of reports for all the males.
2 users Like KM600's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Not all males are ready for making new coalitions.

Remaining S.Avocas was alone with his brother for 7-8 years, their bond was very strong.

At 11 yrs of age, he might not "want" new partner, he is not like NK male, this situation is very new to him.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Mohawk and the gang

4 users Like afortich's post

5 users Like KM600's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 05:27 AM by Ngonya )

a week ago: 
Plains Camp young male, son of the remaining Southern Avoca male in KNP.
Second slide we can see the boy roaring

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like Ngonya's post

Philippines Redroadmale Offline

Does he have any brother left

Ngonya Offline

(01-11-2024, 03:27 AM)Redroadmale Wrote: Does he have any brother left
I initially wrote it wrong but I already corrected it.
That's the Plains Camp young male, and no. He doesn't have any brothers
1 user Likes Ngonya's post