There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2024, 01:03 AM by KM600 )

(03-09-2024, 12:50 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote:

Despite how skinny he looks, worth mentioning within the last day the Nkuhuma boys have successfully hunted atleast one buffalo according to EP ig story. All 4 males are together.
4 users Like KM600's post

Friarfan619 Offline

(03-09-2024, 01:01 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 12:50 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote:

Despite how skinny he looks, worth mentioning within the last day the Nkuhuma boys have successfully hunted atleast one buffalo according to EP ig story. All 4 males are together.

Just me or he showing his age in this small clip???

Ttimemarti Offline

No he’s getting old if I remember correctly out of the 5 avoca boys I’m pretty sure he was the youngest so the age thing got him last sorta bigger southern avoca darkmane and blondie all died before they could get that old plus he’s not a dominant male and not gettin regular meals. Gosh I wish he had let darkmane return to the coalition

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-09-2024, 08:11 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: No he’s getting old if I remember correctly out of the 5 avoca boys I’m pretty sure he was the youngest so the age thing got him last sorta

No, Mohawk was older then Blondie and DM, based of pictures of them as cubs/subs. He is just slightly younger then S.Avocas.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(03-09-2024, 08:11 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: No he’s getting old if I remember correctly out of the 5 avoca boys I’m pretty sure he was the youngest so the age thing got him last sorta bigger southern avoca darkmane and blondie all died before they could get that old plus he’s not a dominant male and not gettin regular meals. Gosh I wish he had let darkmane return to the coalition

He’s actually been getting regular meals, he’s just looked skinny on occasion because of his age and body. Even after he’s had his fair share, he never looks as full as the other Nkuhuma boys but again that just comes down to age.

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

If he did accept Darkmane back then he probably would have chased off his sons. So he would have ended up in a duo with another ailing lion and still be forced out.

He may be getting regular meals. But he is currently competing over those with several hungry younger lions. 

One way or another, he is not in the best position right now.

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-09-2024, 11:50 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 08:11 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: No he’s getting old if I remember correctly out of the 5 avoca boys I’m pretty sure he was the youngest so the age thing got him last sorta

No, Mohawk was older then Blondie and DM, based of pictures of them as cubs/subs. He is just slightly younger then S.Avocas.

AINT NO WAY I need to see these photos that is insane if it’s true he was smaller than both of them and also had the smallest mane but was the oldest… honestly idk been awhile since I’ve seen a photo of blondie but he looked bigger than Mohawk but that’s crazy wow didn’t know that’s strange

Ttimemarti Offline

If Mohawk accepts darkmane then all three take the kambula pride and blondie does not get attacked by nwaswitshakas causing his death and if darkmane is accepted back many things change

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

It would depend on when they united. But I doubt it would have made much impact on their failed attemt to take over the Kambulas.
Darkmane already sticked with the Talamati at that time and would likely not have followed his partners south that much. 

At that time. The PCmales were testing the water for a potential take over of the Nkuhumas and the Nwaswitshakas were also preparing to take over the Kambulas. So one has to worry if an early victory over the BBoys would have resulted in them being spread to thin and taken out by those groups.

Ttimemarti Offline

Probably not the only problem they had was 4 nwaswitshakas attacked 2 avocas not 3 and we all know gore didn’t do much territorial fighting it was would’ve been 3 on 3 maybe and assuming they accepted darkmane and he followed them so it would’ve made a big difference and we don’t know what would’ve happened if he had accepted darkmane back does he stuck with the nkuhuma pride and darkmane and 7 females chase 2 young plains camp males away that definitely could’ve happened but you never know but things definitely would’ve been different no denying that

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2024, 04:48 PM by Duco Ndona )

That is assuming the three Avocas would suddenly start acting like a fully competitive three lion strong coalition as if they have just been replaced by brand new one. 

Which I doubt was in them at the time or that would have happened to begin with. There was some reason for the split that would have to be adressed first.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-09-2024, 01:02 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: AINT NO WAY I need to see these photos that is insane if it’s true he was smaller than both of them and also had the smallest mane but was the oldest… honestly idk been awhile since I’ve seen a photo of blondie but he looked bigger than Mohawk but that’s crazy wow didn’t know that’s strange

Only few months, which is irelevant when they reach certain age.

For example, youngest NK boy (Chelas son) is bigger then now deceased LS and his twin bro for a while now, despite being younger few months.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2024, 06:43 PM by Tr1x24 )

(03-09-2024, 03:59 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Probably not the only problem they had was 4 nwaswitshakas attacked 2 avocas not 3 and we all know gore didn’t do much territorial fighting it was would’ve been 3 on 3 maybe and assuming they accepted darkmane and he followed them so it would’ve made a big difference and we don’t know what would’ve happened if he had accepted darkmane back does he stuck with the nkuhuma pride and darkmane and 7 females chase 2 young plains camp males away that definitely could’ve happened but you never know but things definitely would’ve been different no denying that

You are forgeting that by that time (late 2021) both Blondie and DM where not fully healthy lions.

Blondie had health problems for a while now and was occasionaly limping (he died because of disease, not Ndhzengas attack, from which he fully recover).

DM had limping problem aswell for a while, which was fully exploited by S8 in late 2021/early 2022, who ousted him.

So even if 3 Avocas together ousted 2 Bboys, they would get beaten by invading Ndhzengas regardless.

Blondie would died regardless, leaving Mohawk and DM (who started to show his age) in the north, although S8 would not be able to oust both DM and Mohawk, they would prob get ousted by BDMs anyway in late 2022/early 2023.

So things would not be that much different.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-09-2024, 06:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 01:02 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: AINT NO WAY I need to see these photos that is insane if it’s true he was smaller than both of them and also had the smallest mane but was the oldest… honestly idk been awhile since I’ve seen a photo of blondie but he looked bigger than Mohawk but that’s crazy wow didn’t know that’s strange

Only few months, which is irelevant when they reach certain age.

For example, youngest NK boy (Chelas son) is bigger then now deceased LS and his twin bro for a while now, despite being younger few months.
I know I know but I never would’ve thought he was older didn’t look older didn’t seem older and his mane being the smallest didn’t help but now I guess it makes sense he didn’t want darkmane to return and he the dominant male again bc he was

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-09-2024, 06:38 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 03:59 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Probably not the only problem they had was 4 nwaswitshakas attacked 2 avocas not 3 and we all know gore didn’t do much territorial fighting it was would’ve been 3 on 3 maybe and assuming they accepted darkmane and he followed them so it would’ve made a big difference and we don’t know what would’ve happened if he had accepted darkmane back does he stuck with the nkuhuma pride and darkmane and 7 females chase 2 young plains camp males away that definitely could’ve happened but you never know but things definitely would’ve been different no denying that

You are forgeting that by that time (late 2021) both Blondie and DM where not fully healthy lions.

Blondie had health problems for a while now and was occasionaly limping (he died because of disease, not Ndhzengas attack, from which he fully recover).

DM had limping problem aswell for a while, which was fully exploited by S8 in late 2021/early 2022, who ousted him.

So even if 3 Avocas together ousted 2 Bboys, they would get beaten by invading Ndhzengas regardless.

Blondie would died regardless, leaving Mohawk and DM (who started to show his age) in the north, although S8 would not be able to oust both DM and Mohawk, they would prob get ousted by BDMs anyway in late 2022/early 2023.

So things would not be that much different.

He died bc of the nwaswitshaka attack before he was ok I mean he had a limp but he killed kambula cubs with a limp and after being attacked it kick started his decline bc of TB I thought we all knew that same with S8 he had it got injured and it kicked started his decline mostly bc they are older but yeah and I doubt it man you see two gijimas did to uboso bc he was unable to get away fast enough and gore didn’t fight at all it is still 3 on 3 darkmane was injured but when he was declining in condition lost in the south he on his own pushed a nwaswitshaka off of a carcass so yeah and 2 black dams that couldn’t really catch Mohawk alone would then have blondie and darkmane I just find it hard to believe that. They would’ve reigned longer and I’m not saying they would’ve beaten the nwaswitshaka if it was the entire coalition but thing would’ve been different and darkmane just needed to time to heal and didn’t have that bc if S8. BUT non of this matters 95% of the lions we are talking about are gone now