There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Old video an injured Bamera Son

Chota Bheem

Chota Bheem

2 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Bajrang

Mamu
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Junior Bajrang

L Mark

Ashutosh Online
Contributor

L Mark, wow! Easily the most impressive of the newer generation of central Indian tigers. Chota Bheem is the same age as him, but L mark is a weight class above. Pench has always had exceptional males in the tourism zone: Raiyakassa, Handsome, Tarzan, BMW, Mukhtar. L Mark is joining that list.

Someone told me there is an even bigger male at the same age in the core of Pench who established his territory at age 3.

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

L mark born 2017 like chota bheem? they can't be  the same age Lmark was fighting bagoda father of mataram's last litter in 2018 lmark is the one on the left @Ashutosh 

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

Chota Bheem road block 

1 user Likes Charger01's post

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 11:49 PM by Ashutosh )

(04-22-2021, 11:15 PM)Rage2277 Wrote: L mark born 2017 like chota bheem? they can't be  the same age Lmark was fighting bagoda father of mataram's last litter in 2018 lmark is the one on the left @Ashutosh 

L mark was born in mid 2016 to Raiyakassa and Langdi. He isn’t 5 yet. Chota Bheem is 4.5 years old as he was born in early 2017. You can see the difference in frames of the two.

When him and Collarwali had a fight late last year, you yourself said he wasn’t that impressive a male as he didn’t look much bigger than Collarwali. He has added a lot of bulk in the last 18 months or so to match his very impressive frame.

animal enthusiast

(04-22-2021, 11:37 PM)Ashutosh Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 11:15 PM)Rage2277 Wrote: L mark born 2017 like chota bheem? they can't be  the same age Lmark was fighting bagoda father of mataram's last litter in 2018 lmark is the one on the left @Ashutosh 

L mark was born in mid 2016 to Raiyakassa and Langdi. He isn’t 5 yet. Chota Bheem is 4.5 years old.

this video is from 2018 Lmark was 2.5 to 3 yrs old here

ganidat Offline

Are there any real research to show the precise age when a male tiger reaches its full frame in terms of shoulder height and body length and the precise age when they reach their prime weight and attain all of their muscles?

Bigcat Enthusiast

L mark was born in mid 2016 to Raiyakassa and Langdi. He isn’t 5 yet. Chota Bheem is 4.5 years old. You can see the difference in frames of the two. When him and Collarwali had a fight last year, you yourself said he wasn’t that impressive a male as he didn’t look much bigger than Collarwali. He has added a lot of bulk in the last year or so to match his very impressive frame.

There were other photo's and videos of their fight and L Mark dwarfed Collarwali. It was just the angle of that video.

Quote:Pench has always had exceptional males in the tourism zone: Raiyakassa, Handsome, Tarzan, BMW, Mukhtar. L Mark is joining that list.
For comparison when we visited pench, a group we befriended saw the BMW male up close, then when we went to Kanha they saw the Sangam Male and they said the Sangam male dwarfed BMW.
BMW and Raiyakassa were said to be similar sized while Handsome was supposedly a little larger. Tarzan on the other hand was said by all the guides to be the largest Tiger in Pench at the time. IMO Pench isn't going to support as large of cats as Kanha. It's a little smaller, less green, hotter and prey seems to be more scattered. I actually didn't even see any Gaur while I was there although we did see some Nilgali which wasn't the case in Kanha. But I do see some big looking guys from Pench and I agree that Mukhtar looks massive as well, I'd rank them higher on the C. Indian Tiger size spectrum but still beneath Kanha.

Ashutosh Online
Contributor

@Rage2277, assuming that he was born in June, 2016 and this video taken in November, 2018, that would make him 2.5 years old. Langdi female (L mark’s mother) littered in 2018, I am guessing after L mark and his siblings left.

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

(04-22-2021, 11:51 PM)ganidat Wrote: Are there any real research to show the precise age when a male tiger reaches its full frame in terms of shoulder height and body length and the precise age when they reach their prime weight and attain all of their muscles?

They reach their full frame size at around 3-4 years of age and reach their prime weight by 5 to 6
There's some picture evidence that suggests that they grow after this as well

animal enthusiast

(04-22-2021, 11:55 PM)Pckts Wrote:

L mark was born in mid 2016 to Raiyakassa and Langdi. He isn’t 5 yet. Chota Bheem is 4.5 years old. You can see the difference in frames of the two. When him and Collarwali had a fight last year, you yourself said he wasn’t that impressive a male as he didn’t look much bigger than Collarwali. He has added a lot of bulk in the last year or so to match his very impressive frame.

There were other photo's and videos of their fight and L Mark dwarfed Collarwali. It was just the angle of that video.

Quote:Pench has always had exceptional males in the tourism zone: Raiyakassa, Handsome, Tarzan, BMW, Mukhtar. L Mark is joining that list.
For comparison when we visited pench, a group we befriended saw the BMW male up close, then when we went to Kanha they saw the Sangam Male and they said the Sangam male dwarfed BMW.
BMW and Raiyakassa were said to be similar sized while Handsome was supposedly a little larger. Tarzan on the other hand was said by all the guides to be the largest Tiger in Pench at the time. IMO Pench isn't going to support as large of cats as Kanha. It's a little smaller, less green, hotter and prey seems to be more scattered. I actually didn't even see any Gaur while I was there although we did see some Nilgali which wasn't the case in Kanha. But I do see some big looking guys from Pench and I agree that Mukhtar looks massive as well, I'd rank them higher on the C. Indian Tiger size spectrum but still beneath Kanha.

raiya and bmw look matka sized tarzan and chorbouli male seem like the biggest there and some others though

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 12:14 AM by Rage2277 )

(04-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Rage2277, assuming that he was born in June, 2016 and this video taken in November, 2018, that would make him 2.5 years old. Langdi female (L mark’s mother) littered in 2018, I am guessing after L mark and his siblings left.

yea they must of left a little early are there any photos of him and siblings as cubs?

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 12:25 AM by Ashutosh )

@Pckts, the largest males from all these reserves are in the same weight bracket and there is very little to choose between them. You really couldn’t seperate Mukhtar/Tarzan from Bheem to Karai Ghati. Where people perceive Kanha has more such males is simply a matter of population. Kanha has 140 tigers, Pench on the other hand has 85. Of course more such males will come from Kanha than Pench. Also, Pench does have Gaur, just not as many as Tadoba or Satpura.
2 users Like Ashutosh's post