There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Bajrang

A young Chota Munna

4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Chota Bheem

2 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Chota Bheem

Mahaman

Bheem
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Gajanan Kanitkar
Bajrang
Tadoba
March 2021

*This image is copyright of its original author

V7

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

T2
2 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 11:30 PM by Ashutosh )

Satpura landscape spans over 1700 sq.km and with recent push for conservation has had a boom in tiger numbers.

Other than the famous ones like Ravan, Ravan 2.0, Heartface, here are some others:

This young male sighted has been named Tarzan

This massive male is apparently very shy

These two sub-adult male have seperated from their mother (or she died) and are currently in some sort of coalition.

Another male

Tigress Malini

Sudiya tigress

Another big female

4 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Bajrang
3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 07:21 AM by Ashutosh )

Tadoba

Rudra

His brother, Tala.

Bajrang

Ghost of Agarzari, Khali

Mowgli

7 users Like Ashutosh's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Tadoba has such a strong line up, all the kolsa and buffer areas tigers moving into core made it more special. tfs !
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

I know what you mean @Roflcopters. Major reason is unlike other parks, more than 65% of Tadoba is open to public through 16 different gates. So, the tourism zone covers many more tigers compared to other parks.

As of now, there is an absolute burst of tiger cubs. Jharni, Maya, Choti Madhu, Sonam, Lara, W mark female, Junabai, Choti Tara, Kutumba Nallah female are all raising litters (that I know if). There could be even more. No wonder Chandrapur/Tadoba has a tiger conflict situation.
2 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Brother of Chota Bheem

Oldie of Gabbar pre collar and wounds

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-28-2021, 05:41 PM by Ashutosh )

The two oldies of Pench compared. Handsome Male looks bulky as ever while Rayakassa looks absolutely battered on his last legs.

Raiyakassa present photo on the left.

Two Tadoba males with significant ruff compared. I had confused them to be the same individual in an earlier post as both of them occupy the Sirkada Buffer. @Roflcopters and @Rage2277 corrected me.

V7 aka Veerapan.

Dadiyal male

@Roflcopters, you follow Tadoba closely. Any idea what happened to Ookhan male?
4 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-28-2021, 05:34 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: The two oldies of Pench compared. Handsome Male looks bulky as ever while Rayakassa looks absolutely battered on his last legs.

Raiyakassa present photo on the left.

Two Tadoba males with significant ruff compared. I had confused them to be the same individual in an earlier post as both of them occupy the Sirkada Buffer. @Roflcopters and @Rage2277 corrected me.

V7 aka Veerapan.

Dadiyal male

@Roflcopters, you follow Tadoba closely. Any idea what happened to Ookhan male?
I thought Ookhan was recently sighted (within a year or two ago)

Bigcat Enthusiast

Bajrang
1 user Likes Pckts's post