There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 08:52 PM by Ashutosh )

Bandhavgarh

Chota bheem

Mahaman

D3, 3rd son of Mahaman male and dotty

Chota bheem brother

The most impressive of them all, Darraha bacchi female

Pench

L mark male

Baras female

Patdev tigress

3 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 10:46 PM by Ashutosh )

Junior Bajrang from Kanha

Umarpani flexing for the cameras

Ravan in Churna zone, Satpura

A new young male in Khitauli, Bandhavgarh. Most likely from non-tourism zone (according to who took the picture)

Bamera Son

Tevari, new male from Tadoba buffer

4 users Like Ashutosh's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Mr. X
5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Chota Bheem

Bheem

Milind Gogte
Chota Matka

*This image is copyright of its original author

Denis D'souza
M1 Kanha

Mayur Shinde
Uma

6 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-22-2021, 11:11 PM by Ashutosh )

Mother, 3 cubs and a massive male from Nauradehi National Park.

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(01-22-2021, 11:11 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: Mother, 3 cubs and a massive male from Nauradehi National Park.

Radha & Kishan!.. Has to be the translocated pair, radio-collars on both parents.

Good find. Good to see them again.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Rishi, I was looking to see how Radha was doing considering she was raised in the Pench “in-situ” enclosure like Avni’s female (who will also be released soon).

Still I can’t tell if that is Radha or another translocated tigress from Bandhavgarh who came in 2019. Also, not sure about the male as well. Because, a Panna male had moved to Nauradehi 2 years ago and he was seen with Radha.

If I remember correctly, about 1200 Spotted deer are also being transferred to Nauradehi to supplement the existing population and to cater to growing tiger numbers. Also, wolves were seen last year after local extinction. Being the largest park in MP, it has great potential.
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(01-23-2021, 04:07 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Rishi, I was looking to see how Radha was doing considering she was raised in the Pench “in-situ” enclosure like Avni’s female (who will also be released soon).

Still I can’t tell if that is Radha or another translocated tigress from Bandhavgarh who came in 2019. Also, not sure about the male as well. Because, a Panna male had moved to Nauradehi 2 years ago and he was seen with Radha.

The other male wasn't collared.

Identity of tigress is less certain, but number of cubs may be an indication. Radha was sighted with 3 cubs, last year I think. I matched her stripes then.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Uma
3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Ram Kumar Yadav Kanha
Junior Bajrang, Jan. 2021

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 12:26 AM by Ashutosh )

Chota Bheem looking beefy

Kumbhi kachar male (brother of chota bheem)

D2, Dotty and Mahaman’s 2nd cub

Mowgli from Tadoba

L mark, Pench

5 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Chota Bheem

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 11:45 PM by Ashutosh )

Shaurya says that T46 has taken a chunk of Uma’s territory. Although, this wound is from a predation attempt.

Balwan from Kanha

Bheem, the mighty from Bandhavgarh

Chota Bheem

Surya from Umred-Karhandla

Rudra, Tadoba

L mark truly showing his frame

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-03-2021, 11:32 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: Shaurya says that T46 has taken a chunk of Uma’s territory. Although, this wound is from a predation attempt.

Balwan from Kanha

Chota Bheem

Rudra, Tadoba

“Small forays” are nothing new for Uma. He’s already had run ins with T46. Between the 3 of them *T46, T50 and Uma* the Mukki genes are solid right now and they all seem to test each other but seem to have a balance.

He also said T50 is smaller than Uma, I showed him the video of their fight but he swears by it. I just think it has to do with T50 lighter frame compared to Uma but when both are full I still think T50 looked larger.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

(02-04-2021, 04:17 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 11:32 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: Shaurya says that T46 has taken a chunk of Uma’s territory. Although, this wound is from a predation attempt.

Balwan from Kanha

Chota Bheem

Rudra, Tadoba

“Small forays” are nothing new for Uma. He’s already had run ins with T46. Between the 3 of them *T46, T50 and Uma* the Mukki genes are solid right now and they all seem to test each other but seem to have a balance.

He also said T50 is smaller than Uma, I showed him the video of their fight but he swears by it. I just think it has to do with T50 lighter frame compared to Uma but when both are full I still think T50 looked larger.

yea i think garhi is bigger too, even baisanghat aswell, they have similar frames to bheema whenever they're in good condition eating well for sometime they're beasts..uma likely eats like every three days or so prob a norm for him so much of the time he's in good form..nothing like having the best spot in mukki.
1 user Likes Rage2277's post