There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

*This image is copyright of its original author

Ram Sundhar‎-
 BALRAM

Naming this shy, handsome, new male in the block 'Balram', the son of T55 tigress Bala from the non-tourism area.
Id by Jignesh Patel JD?
We spotted him for the first time ever near the main road in between chichagat and kumbhi tank.

Around 3 to 3.5 years in age, he was really huge and well built. He was extremely shy and had a very careful, curious eye to observe our movements. Upon analyzing the stripes, it looks like he might come under matkasur's lineage with the greenish-blue eyes double confirming the same (like chota matka).

The orange coat with the green carpet and his blue-eye is something that has naturally happened, adding beauty to this picture.

Tadoba never fails to surprise!
7 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

the late tarachand bro of gunda/chota matka and the bigger of the two bros 8.10.2018 photo by Pran Chadha
4 users Like Rage2277's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Rip, Matkasur’s daughter (Meera) also died a few days ago.
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Deepak Chaddha
Father of Jay 'DENDU' (Repost, Reprocess)

This handsome beast ruled Nagzira for several years. Saw images of this sighting while i was transferring data to another hard disc.

It was 4th April 2012, Around 5.15 pm when we reached the spot where we sighted him. I was accompanied by my friends Nadeem Khan Shailendra Singh Rajpoot Rohan Taware & my son Sarvesh Chadda. After waiting & scanning for a while, our guides 'Radhesham' & 'Subhash' spotted this guy resting in the shrubs. After a while he started walking towards the water saucer where we were already waiting. It was my first wildlife kit, a Nikon D5000 & 70-300 vr. The sighting lasted for seven & a half minutes.

'Those were the most beautiful seven & a half minutes of our lives.'

8 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Deepak Chaddha
Amark, The queen of hearts (Mother of Jay & Veeru)
What do you wait for when a friend comes out of jungle & calls you up for afternoon safari. This happened in 2010 or 11 (please confirm the year bro), when Nadeem called me up & insisted to come to see the Tigers of Nagzira. I'm so thankful to you buddy.
Jay, one of the tigers responsible to flourish a well known & very close to my heart UKWLS in central India. Yes i'm talking about 'Jay'. The Jay who migrated in search of a girlfriend & travelled around 200 kms. Jay, whose was named a second after his brother Veeru was named. It was one fine evening when Me, Nadeem & Shailendra came back in the evening after spending some good time with the queen & two celeb brothers. On the back of one of the cubs, I saw something like letter 'V' & told it's a prominent letter V on it's back. Shailendra, whom i call Chintz said it should be named as Veeru. Instantly Nadeem said, if it's Veeru, the other one has to be 'JAY'. This is how these guys were named.
Talking about her highness, The queen Amark, she's the one who was responsible to feed 100's of families of guides, drivers, canteenwalas, for years together. with 6 to 7 litters (amongst which 5 are known, with photo evidences, I dont challenge official figures though). She was sighted by me many times. Apart from the challenges of rival hunters i.e. leopards & wild dogs (Ruling Nagzira in recent days.) she raised her litters.
Big salute to the remarkable motherhood. Big salute to one of the known queens of the king 'Dendu'.
Don't miss the prominent letter 'A' on her "left hind leg. This was why she was named 'A mark'."

6 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

new kid on the block balaram son of matkasur and bala photo by Gautam Bhave
7 users Like Rage2277's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 06:52 PM by Apollo )

Two Male Tigers T57 and T58 Fought in Ranthambore for a Female Tigress T39 Noor in Zone 6

2 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

The Infamous Tiger Munna is translocated to Van Vihar

Tiger Munna, T-17, was successfully translocated from Mandla to Van Vihar National Park in Bhopal. On October 18, a woman was killed by this tiger and her body dead body was found later. After the unfortunate incident, the officials from Kanha Tiger reserve investigated the matter. As the investigation went through, the tiger was identified as T-17 and was finally translocated.

https://www.iamatigeradvocate.org/conservation/indian-tiger-star-munna-translocated/

2 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 10:17 PM by Pckts )

Tarzan from Pench starting to look his age 

5 users Like Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 10:18 PM by Roflcopters )

It’s been a while, good to see him! now it would be nice to see the MP side males as well. Tfs!
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Munna the GOD OF WAR

9 users Like Apollo's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

that video does justice to Munna, whoever is responsible for creating this video compilation. you have my respect. keep up the good work. Thanks Apollo.
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Parthsarathi Jha
The rising Star of Khitauli
Son of Bheema.
Fullscreen view recommended.
Bandhavgarh, Nov 2019

Darah female most likely his mother.
4 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

ondrilla could be his mother too she's sis of the darrah female he's likely half bro of mamu and chota charger @Pckts
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Rituraj Jaiswal
Bamnidadar Male

Kanha kisli

5 users Like Pckts's post