There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(05-06-2021, 01:25 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 12:26 PM)Mauro Wrote: Pero también se supone que Pretty Boy estuvo en la pelea y los dos podrían haber ocasionado algún daño o no.

English?

Mauro says: But it is also assumed that Pretty Boy was in the fight and the two may or may not have caused some damage.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Chile Mauro Offline

(05-06-2021, 12:26 PM)Mauro Wrote: Pero también se supone que Pretty Boy estuvo en la pelea y los dos podrían haber ocasionado algún daño o no.

English?

But it is also assumed that Pretty Boy was in the fight and the two may or may not have caused some damage.
1 user Likes Mauro's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-06-2021, 11:33 PM)Mauro Wrote:

English?

But it is also assumed that Pretty Boy was in the fight and the two may or may not have caused some damage.

We can only speculate how such fight could have looked like. It could have been similar to how Majings took on Mlovathis - when Mr T arrived on the scene already after KT was severly injured. It did not have to be 2vs4 from the get go.
2 users Like Potato's post

Chile Mauro Offline

(05-07-2021, 12:49 AM)Potato Wrote:

English?

We can only speculate how such fight could have looked like. It could have been similar to how Majings took on Mlovathis - when Mr T arrived on the scene already after KT was severly injured. It did not have to be 2vs4 from the get go.

The majingilanes had a very special way of facing fights, they never did it in equal numbers, they always fought being a majority. I believe without fear of being wrong and without fanaticism in between that, being on equal terms, the Maginjilanes had no chance against 4 mapogos.
What one theory says is that Dreadlocks, T and Makhulu returned to the north side where they had established their packs, but Pretty boy and Rasta stayed in the west chasing the Maginjilanes by themselves, but I can't understand when and why. they separated since they are seen in a video together roaring and marking the territory, I see impossible the 3 who were going north have abandoned their brothers to their fate knowing that they themselves went directly to fight against the maginjilanes. It's all very confusing and I think we'll never really know.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(05-07-2021, 05:44 AM)Mauro Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 12:49 AM)Potato Wrote:

English?

The majingilanes had a very special way of facing fights, they never did it in equal numbers, they always fought being a majority. 

That's the fighting style of all male lion coalitions, since equal fights have a greater chance of resulting in death.
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-07-2021, 05:44 AM)Mauro Wrote: The majingilanes had a very special way of facing fights, they never did it in equal numbers, they always fought being a majority.
That is actually not how it have been

(05-07-2021, 05:44 AM)Mauro Wrote: I believe without fear of being wrong and without fanaticism in between that, being on equal terms, the Maginjilanes had no chance against 4 mapogos.
Obviously odds in such confrontation would be well in favour larger,stronger and experianced Mapogos as Majingilanes were still youngsters back then, but how does that matter? Lion competition not always goes into straight up confrontation.

(05-07-2021, 05:44 AM)Mauro Wrote: What one theory says is that Dreadlocks, T and Makhulu returned to the north side where they had established their packs, but Pretty boy and Rasta stayed in the west chasing the Maginjilanes by themselves, but I can't understand when and why. they separated since they are seen in a video together roaring and marking the territory, I see impossible the 3 who were going north have abandoned their brothers to their fate knowing that they themselves went directly to fight against the maginjilanes. It's all very confusing and I think we'll never really know.
Mapogos did not chasse Majings. They went into their territory roaring, looking for a fight, but since they were not able to find Majingilanges, they turned back west towards their territory and pride. I assume PB and Rasta just returned east soon after on their own, but as I said exact  circumstances of Rasta's death are unknown. 
3 users Like Potato's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

Mapogo Lions - Viewing from our Deck
Dated: 21 July 2007
Disclaimer: Its an audio narration of the actual report .
Credits : Exeter

[color=var(--blue-link)]

[/color]
1 user Likes fursan syed's post

Ireland Nate121 Offline

I have read that two male offspring of the Mapogo made it to the nomadic stage and disappeared into Kruger a long time ago.
Is there any information on which of the Mapogo males sired those two off spring? 
(My terminology might sound like a total novice on these subjects, because I am. But really enjoying this forums)
1 user Likes Nate121's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-15-2021, 10:39 PM)Nate121 Wrote: I have read that two male offspring of the Mapogo made it to the nomadic stage and disappeared into Kruger a long time ago.
Is there any information on which of the Mapogo males sired those two off spring? 
(My terminology might sound like a total novice on these subjects, because I am. But really enjoying this forums)

It is ussual that all coalition members mate with lionesses in takeover pride and this case is no different. Any of the 6 Mapogos could potentially be the father of their 2 sons from Othawa pride.
4 users Like Potato's post

Ireland Nate121 Offline

How interesting, I never knew that! 

Thank you for your reply.
Learn so much on these forums, it’s great!
2 users Like Nate121's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

MAPOGO COALITION
DATED: SEPTEMBER 27, 2011
GREG COATES REPORT

http://www.mrtmapogo.com/2021/05/16/mapogo-males-and-ottawa-pride-september-27-2011-g-coates-report/
2 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Mapogo Lions - Hunted down an adult Buffalo
Disclaimer: Its an audio narration of the actual report .
Exeter Report Narration
Report date : 21 July 2007

1 user Likes fursan syed's post

Chile Mauro Offline

In the documentary brothers in blood they show several fights, how many of them are really the mapogo who come out there? I mean the ones they show apart from the fight against the Majingilanes.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-19-2021, 06:43 AM)Mauro Wrote: In the documentary brothers in blood they show several fights, how many of them are really the mapogo who come out there? I mean the ones they show apart from the fight against the Majingilanes.

Only this one:

tho in documentry it was presented as Mr T vs Makhulu fight from 2008, while in fact it was Mr T vs Pretty Boy from 2011.
2 users Like Potato's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(05-19-2021, 09:25 PM)Potato Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 06:43 AM)Mauro Wrote: In the documentary brothers in blood they show several fights, how many of them are really the mapogo who come out there? I mean the ones they show apart from the fight against the Majingilanes.

Only this one:

tho in documentry it was presented as Mr T vs Makhulu fight from 2008, while in fact it was Mr T vs Pretty Boy from 2011.

I don't think that takeover ever happens if Dreadlocks hadn't been poached, or if Rasta hadn't disappeared either, for that matter. Mak was old and battle worn, and PB just wasn't going to beat T.