There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(01-24-2023, 05:32 AM)sik94 Wrote: He's feeding!

*This image is copyright of its original author

So glad to see this bro.
2 users Like afortich's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 05:37 AM by criollo2mil )

Video version.

The Warrior has NOT lost his Will to Fight 

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@sik94  Nhenha refuses to die, he is indeed a legend.

But aren't these 2 females too big to be Othawas? VouldCould they have left and these are the Ximhungwes? Though the guide did say they aren't from the same pride.

Maybe Nhenha was indeed recovering his breath and/or waiting for Tumbela to leave rather than being too weak to eat.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Contributor

(01-24-2023, 05:41 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @sik94  Nhenha refuses to die, he is indeed a legend.

But aren't these 2 females too big to be Othawas? VouldCould they have left and these are the Ximhungwes? Though the guide did say they aren't from the same pride.

Maybe Nhenha was indeed recovering his breath and/or waiting for Tumbela to leave rather than being too weak to eat.

It’s othowas.   Ximungwe are with Nkuhuma in separate location.   Skorro is clearly identified and has been w daughters for two weeks.   The othowas just looking better now with regular feedings
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 05:46 AM by afortich )

(01-24-2023, 05:43 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 05:41 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @sik94  Nhenha refuses to die, he is indeed a legend.

It’s othowas.   Ximungwe are with Nkuhuma in separate location.   Skorro is clearly identified and has been w daughters for two weeks.   The othowas just looking better now with regular feedings

@criollo2mil do you know if Skorro Jr. was close to them??
3 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@criollo2mil Ximhungwes were seen, I believe, yesterday with 2 PCM in Leopard Hills, the neighboring lodge to where this buffalo is.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(01-24-2023, 05:46 AM)afortich Wrote:

Skorro was laying down just out of view. He was there with Nhena and the two Othawas.
4 users Like sik94's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 10:03 AM by afortich )

(01-24-2023, 06:18 AM)sik94 Wrote:

Skorro was laying down just out of view. He was there with Nhena and the two Othawas.

Waoo!! I always thought that there was a high probability that Skorro Jr. won't attack Nhenha. However, with food involved, I thought an attack could more likely occur.
These animals teach us new things everyday, they're not organic robots anyways.
3 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

He was getting ready to enter a food coma just next to them lol

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 10:36 AM by afortich )

(01-24-2023, 09:45 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:

He was getting ready to enter a food coma just next to them lol

lol. he looks like pregnant  Lol . Everyday I feel more respect/admiration for this boy
2 users Like afortich's post

United States SMK350 Offline

Nhenha only ever had flesh wounds. These type of injuries, although horrific to the human eye, rarely kill a big male lion. It will usually take a severed artery, broken bones or internal injuries to do that. Nana Nkuhuma literally walked around with half her thigh muscle ripped open. In all the years of following lions I’ve never seen the type of injuries that Nhenha had lead to death, although the recovery process can be rough, and I’m not saying he’s out of the woods yet.
1 user Likes SMK350's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

No doubt he is taking the opportunity with Skorro being in a food coma.

I hope the girls arent getting to relaxed around him.

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(01-24-2023, 10:49 AM)SMK350 Wrote: Nhenha only ever had flesh wounds. These type of injuries, although horrific to the human eye, rarely kill a big male lion

Disagree. Those are not flesh wounds, he was lucky they didn't break his leg, It was most likely badly fractured. And then he got beaten up again, how he kept them from destroying his back I will never know. Obviously he got lucky but his experience probably also played a role in him being able to secure whatever little meals he was able to get.
3 users Like sik94's post

1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 11:27 AM by 1999gc8 )

(01-24-2023, 11:19 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: No doubt he is taking the opportunity with Skorro being in a food coma.

I hope the girls arent getting to relaxed around him.

I really think you show a lot of negativity or dislike towards Nhena. It show's in your recent posts about him.  He's just doing what lions do and he's a veteran just trying to get through the way a lion knows how to. You write regular posts wishing the worst for him.

There's many other lions documented that have done way worst than Nhena.
6 users Like 1999gc8's post

United States SMK350 Offline

@sik94 I think you guys just have rigid expectations of how lions fights should go in the wild. There’s a lot of warrior chatter and fight break downs as if we are discussing an MMA matchup. Clearly the plains camp males didn’t break any bones which is why he was able to walk to another reserve far from where he was originally found. His blessing is that the plains camp males were 5 year old lions who often don’t know how to dispatch another male lion, especially in their “first” fight. I’m not saying I know for a fact Nhenha will be fine because I don’t know that. If he has an infection or experiences another set back things can turn fatal. But from what I saw one week ago I told you guys he was resting and would scavenge food if needed. And here we are…. 

Didn’t Blondie Avoca have bite marks on his back after the Ndhzenga male encounter and walk away from the fight just fine? I’m not sure how that works either, but apparently it happen more than we think.
3 users Like SMK350's post