There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Probably not. Or he would be mentioned.

I also think Nym would have encouraged Nhenha to move.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(01-12-2023, 06:51 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 06:32 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: "lions_sabisands" instagram page story :

*This image is copyright of its original author

He has apparently not moved from the same spot in two days.   Without the help of Nkuhuma it doesn’t sound good

After what we saw Red Road go through, and for how long (some folks started giving up on him) he was down, I still hope Nhenha can rebound. Though, Red Road was, admittedly, quite a bit younger than Nhenha at the time. Even BYM recovered from a really nasty leg injury, again at a much younger age, but those Birmingham genes have proven rather resilient over the years. Point being, I always try to hold out hope until it is clear there is none. Before anyone suggest I am putting Nhenha over any other lions, I will be hoping for the exact same thing if it were either of the PCMs that were in this condition, I wish the best for all involved.

Speaking of BYM, is it known the exact connection Nhenha may have to BYM, perhaps an uncle or other known connection?
8 users Like BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(01-12-2023, 10:54 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Probably not. Or he would be mentioned.

I also think Nym would have encouraged Nhenha to move.

Got it. 
So you mean that is possible that NYM doesn't want to help Nhenha?? no longer a coalition??

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2023, 11:27 PM by afortich )

(01-12-2023, 11:17 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 06:51 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 06:32 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: "lions_sabisands" instagram page story :

*This image is copyright of its original author

He has apparently not moved from the same spot in two days.   Without the help of Nkuhuma it doesn’t sound good

After what we saw Red Road go through, and for how long (some folks started giving up on him) he was down, I still hope Nhenha can rebound. Though, Red Road was, admittedly, quite a bit younger than Nhenha at the time. Even BYM recovered from a really nasty leg injury, again at a much younger age, but those Birmingham genes have proven rather resilient over the years. Point being, I always try to hold out hope until it is clear there is none. Before anyone suggest I am putting Nhenha over any other lions, I will be hoping for the exact same thing if it were either of the PCMs that were in this condition, I wish the best for all involved.

Speaking of BYM, is it known the exact connection Nhenha may have to BYM, perhaps an uncle or other known connection?

Someone told me that Nhenha is the older half brother of BYM and father of TYM. However, feel free to correct me.
3 users Like afortich's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Not necessarily. They may just havent found eachother yet.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Musa15 Offline

Yes others already mentioned that due to their circumstances they're not vocalizing or scent marking in order to lay low so it could be very difficult to find eachother this way.

Nhenha, hopefully he recovers but it's unlikely to be as full one by the sounds of it. Many Lions "walk with a limp" for the remainder of their lives after a severe leg injury.
2 users Like Musa15's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

A New Report has surfaced from guides.   There was indeed a second altercation w Nhenha

Might be whats made him immobile where he’s been seen in same spot.    He isn’t doing well at all.   Very thin.  Without ability to move and  find food, there isn’t a good outlook for him.
8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I heard it was only one PCM to have stolen his stolen kill and therefore I thought that explained why he wasn't attacked, because 1/2 PCM would rather eat than engage, while if it was both of them it'd be much easier to finish the job.

But apparently he was indeed attacked again?
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-13-2023, 08:35 AM by 1999gc8 )

(01-13-2023, 05:46 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I heard it was only one PCM to have stolen his stolen kill and therefore I thought that explained why he wasn't attacked, because 1/2 PCM would rather eat than engage, while if it was both of them it'd be much easier to finish the job.

So were the injuries to his leg caused by the second attack or the first one? If that wasn't from the 2nd attack I'd had to see what Nhena's injuries are like at the moment.
2 users Like 1999gc8's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(01-13-2023, 07:51 AM)1999gc8 Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 05:46 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I heard it was only one PCM to have stolen his stolen kill and therefore I thought that explained why he wasn't attacked, because 1/2 PCM would rather eat than engage, while if it was both of them it'd be much easier to finish the job.

So were the injuries to his leg caused by the second attack or the first one? If that wasn't from the 2nd attack I'd had to see what Nhena's injuries are like at the moment.

Leg injure is from the first attack, we don't have photos of his current self. It was mentioned he is very thin, but in the video of his leg injury he was as fit as always, the injure aside.

Considering all of this ( if it's indeed true ) and the fact he hasn't left the area, I think he is a goner. I thought his chances were good with the leg injury alone, but with the new developments, only a miracle can save him now.

I hated the fact he killed the Othawas, but he was doing what his instincts told him to do, he lived a long life, sired many cubs, and I'll for sure be cheering for his offspring, especially from the Kambula pride that I like, but also the NK male, as long as he leaves the remaining Othawa subadults in peace, I'll be hoping for his success.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its been 12 days now after that alteration. His last good full meal likely was even longer ago. I recall the limit lies somewhere at two weeks without food for male lions.
So he should be feeling the onset of starvation about now. 

Chances are he is just trying to concerve energy. Rather than being criplet in another attack.
5 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

According to Omega Godi. Nym has rejoined the Ximhungwe pride.

I guess if mauling Nhenha didnt get the point across. I fear this will only end in death.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Contributor

I still will remain skeptical with regards to death despite the fact that everything looks ugly for Nhenha, too early to call. 
I've seen how RRM survived on his own and reappeared after a month or so, while rejected by the pride. Additionally, most of the interactions of lions are not recorded.
4 users Like afortich's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Even if he somehow pulls through and returns. It just means that there is going to be another deathly clash in the future.

Musa15 Offline

If he does survive I would bet on him finally "retiring". Sad developments though. It doesn't sound good that's for sure.
1 user Likes Musa15's post