There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States afortich Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 04:36 AM by afortich )

(01-09-2023, 02:07 AM)Horizon Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:14 PM)Mapokser Wrote: There's no way to know but I find more likely the possibility NK saved him.
He would have been the first one to bolt through the gates without looking back, leaving Nhenha behind.

I believe NYM has to do somehow with Nhenha's escape. 
However, I think like you @Horizon bro, NYM appears not to be backing up enough Nhenha in a 2 vs. 2 fight, although I could be wrong.
3 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

It'll be interesting to see if NK will stay in the West or move east, especially if he can't find Nhenha. We don't know which of them was "leading" their returns ( it could be something both wanted to do of course ), but it always seemed Nhenha was more willing to return and try to be dominant, so without him we don't know what NK will do.

With PCM trapped in the west due to the floods it'll be very dangerous to any other lions around not including Ximhungwe and Gingerella.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-09-2023, 02:50 AM)Mapokser Wrote: It'll be interesting to see if NK will stay in the West or move east

Even without Nhenha, when he was alone, and before with Styx male, he was always roaming the area of Western sector - Singita - Central Sabi Sands, so i dont think that will change for time being.

But yea, if he joins Nhenha, ad Nhenha recovers, i doubt Nhenha would want to be near PC males again tho.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

6 users Like afortich's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Nhenha stole an impala kill from a leopard yesterday and plains came after him. Probably not serious attack they were interested in the impala more than him.
7 users Like Brahim's post

Contributor

(01-09-2023, 10:20 AM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Nhenha stole an impala kill from a leopard yesterday and plains came after him. Probably not serious attack they were interested in the impala more than him.

So Nhenha couldn't eat, right??
2 users Like afortich's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Not sure if he ate first, all multiple people said is they stole his kill.
5 users Like Brahim's post

BigLion39 Offline

(01-09-2023, 10:20 AM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Nhenha stole an impala kill from a leopard yesterday and plains came after him. Probably not serious attack they were interested in the impala more than him.
Hope he was able to get a few bites. He's gonna have a rough time over their with thise 2 big boys on his ass. He needs to move out ASAP as he's able to. Hope he makes it.
6 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(01-08-2023, 04:47 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: In a fight, when there is high adreline rushing, lions can put up a fight with much worse injuries then this.

I agree. I also remember an older male getting caught intruding on 2 younger but territorial males, Kambaku Ridge in KNP filmed the fight. He put up a damn good fight for a while. His partner even came back to try to help but it didn't last long. The male eventually died but he put up a damn good fight while injured spine, legs, etc...
3 users Like BigLion39's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(01-09-2023, 12:31 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 04:47 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: In a fight, when there is high adreline rushing, lions can put up a fight with much worse injuries then this.

I agree. I also remember an older male getting caught intruding on 2 younger but territorial males, Kambaku Ridge in KNP filmed the fight. He put up a damn good fight for a while. His partner even came back to try to help but it didn't last long. The male eventually died but he put up a damn good fight while injured spine, legs, etc...

Nhena did pretty well tbh.
5 users Like sik94's post

Brazil Rorre_ Offline

(01-09-2023, 02:07 AM)Horizonte Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:14 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Não há como saber, mas acho mais provável que NK o tenha salvado.
Teria sido o primeiro a sair disparado pelos portões sem olhar para trás, deixando Nhenha para trás.

Concordo... NK nunca foi um Leão dominante, seu primeiro instinto é fugir, e dado seu histórico, provavelmente deixou Nenha sozinha... NK não tem nada de herói nessa história.
1 user Likes Rorre_'s post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

So... PCM stole a kill from Nhenha and that's it? If so he's lucky and it shows for whatever reason PCM don't want to waste energy to finish him off.

I don't think Tumbela would attack him too so all he needs to do is find food and he'll eventually recover.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I think he just got lucky the PCmales were tired from chasing Skorro, who was also in the region apparently. 
Skorro would be a mayor threat for Nhenha in this condition as well. 

I don't think he is going to recover fully from this. Especially if Nym did move on from being in a coalition with him.
He is hurt pretty bad so for now he is going to be living from scavenged kill to scavenged kill while hoping not to be found.
That's not a good lifestyle for recovery. Be it his body or his mind.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-10-2023, 02:17 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I think he just got lucky the PCmales were tired from chasing Skorro, who was also in the region apparently. 

Dont think so, as report says, they where more interested in food.

Also, they already beat him up and injured him quite badly, they might think he is no threat for them anymore, so even if they found him again, they might not finish him, yet just leave him. Remember how Nhenha and NK found weak Limper, they could easily kill him, but in that state he is no threat, so they just left him. 

(01-10-2023, 02:17 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Skorro would be a mayor threat for Nhenha in this condition as well. 

Nomadic males dont really fight between each others, even if they bump at each other, unless there is food/carcass, they really have no reason to fight.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 02:57 AM by afortich )

(01-10-2023, 02:34 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 02:17 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I think he just got lucky the PCmales were tired from chasing Skorro, who was also in the region apparently. 

Dont think so, as report says, they where more interested in food.

Also, they already beat him up and injured him quite badly, they might think he is no threat for them anymore, so even if they found him again, they might not finish him, yet just leave him. Remember how Nhenha and NK found weak Limper, they could easily kill him, but in that state he is no threat, so they just left him. 

(01-10-2023, 02:17 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Skorro would be a mayor threat for Nhenha in this condition as well. 

Nomadic males dont really fight between each others, even if they bump at each other, unless there is food/carcass, they really have no reason to fight.
Nice lion behavior 101 refresher buddy. Very informative!!
1 user Likes afortich's post