There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
We have upgraded the system, and this might cause some weird issues. If you face such issues, please report here.

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(08-11-2021, 12:26 AM)Timbavati Wrote: One of the Gowrie males to celebrate World Lion Day
Taken close to the West Street Bridge in MalaMala Game Reserve
8 August 2021
Photo credits: Diressh Parbhoo

*This image is copyright of its original author

Looks like Tinyo if im not wrong and it looks like he's in decent condition, when was this image taken?
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(08-11-2021, 05:19 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 12:26 AM)Timbavati Wrote: One of the Gowrie males to celebrate World Lion Day
Taken close to the West Street Bridge in MalaMala Game Reserve
8 August 2021
Photo credits: Diressh Parbhoo

Looks like Tinyo if im not wrong and it looks like he's in decent condition, when was this image taken?

Well spotted, It's Tinyo. I'll ask for the date of this image
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

9 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Birmingham males together by Rob the ranger, presumably taken yesterday 

11 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Thats odd. From what I understand he is in Masai Mara.
4 users Like Duco Ndona's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-14-2021, 01:07 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Thats odd. From what I understand he is in Masai Mara.

I believe Rob rotates between Sabi Sands and the Zebra Plains Mara Camp. Not sure of his schedule tho.  Either way Tinyo is definitely better from the rescent videos and pics I've seen.

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Judging on his youtube he hasnt been in Sabi for quite some time.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 03:25 PM by Tonpa )

Pssst, check out his Instagram account

Wait nevermind I can't read, it's gameranger_rob not rob the ranger
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Hey guys, He isn't the 'Rob the ranger' that worked in Sabi Sands in the past. It's Robin Hester. You can found him on Instagram as Gameranger_Rob as our poster @Tonpa mentioned
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

9 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nhenha today, looking great:

Photo Credits : gameranger_rob

12 users Like Tr1x24's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Today, The injured Birmingham male with Kambula pride were seen kicking out the Nkuhuma male at @londolozi after he was beaten. The good thing, the Nkuhuma male managed to escape at last, and the Birmingham male Tinyo who has been in poor condition for the past weeks, appears again and has recovered a lot of condition. Here, accompanied by one of his sons from the Kambula pride, feeding on a buffalo kill.

Great updates and sighting by Euce Madonsela.

Londolozi, South Africa.
Photographer credit:
To follow:@the_best_tracker_on_safari
13 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 11:37 AM by Tr1x24 )

(08-18-2021, 09:32 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: Today, The injured Birmingham male with Kambula pride were seen kicking out the Nkuhuma male at @londolozi after he was beaten. The good thing, the Nkuhuma male managed to escape at last, and the Birmingham male Tinyo who has been in poor condition for the past weeks, appears again and has recovered a lot of condition. Here, accompanied by one of his sons from the Kambula pride, feeding on a buffalo kill.

Good to see Tinyo doing better, also that he still has fire and power to fight..

I think i never see lion with so much scars on his face like Tinyo thru his life..

If both Bboys keep close with massive Kambula pride/breakeaway , chances that N. Avocas push them out completely are not great..

Even if Avocas get all adult Kambula females eventually, they can just move around with 13 subadults, who are becoming one of the strongest force in Sabi Sands, especially if 2 Bboys are in their company and will prob without a problem establish their territory (thats a lot of lions)..
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline

Relieved to see Tinyo recovering well!
4 users Like BigLion39's post