There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
We have upgraded the system, and this might cause some weird issues. If you face such issues, please report here.

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Spain Calvitoo Offline

(07-26-2021, 04:04 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 03:43 PM)Calvitoo Wrote: Was there any footage of Tinyo walking better on his injured leg?
no, but he is in better condition than in the last recording and he is not the only lame, Blondie is also lame and the difference is that Tinyo is better prepared to fight, he is bigger, more aggressive and more experienced, in a confrontation the Avocas do not have nothing to do against the Birminghams.

Where you got info that Tinyo is better? .. On the latest pictures/sightings he still looks very thin..

In this condition, theres no way he is prepared for fight, aggression and experience hardly matter when lion is old and in no condition for fight..
Because of the experience he has and the scars on his face.

but every time he's in better condition and with Tinyo's personality I think he could fight, I don't think Blondie can fight very well with that limp either.
1 user Likes Calvitoo's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-26-2021, 03:43 PM)Calvitoo Wrote: he is bigger, more aggressive and more experienced, in a confrontation the Avocas do not have nothing to do against the Birmingham.
If that would be the case then Birminghams would chasse off Avocas already long ago, but apparantly there was a reason why Birminghams just gave away their territory piece after piece.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-26-2021, 06:18 PM)Potato Wrote: If that would be the case then Birminghams would chasse off Avocas already long ago, but apparantly there was a reason why Birminghams just gave away their territory piece after piece.

Reason is age, and now even more so with Tinyo in this state, where he obiviously cant contribue in defending their territory.. 

N. Avocas are winning this battle with "time" being on their side and working against Bboys.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Gijima Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 06:34 PM by Gijima )

(07-26-2021, 06:18 PM)Potato Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 03:43 PM)Calvitoo Wrote: he is bigger, more aggressive and more experienced, in a confrontation the Avocas do not have nothing to do against the Birmingham.
If that would be the case then Birminghams would chasse off Avocas already long ago, but apparantly there was a reason why Birminghams just gave away their territory piece after piece.

You just have to let people have their fantasies. Bashing other coalitions is nothing new, this has been going on for years.
2 users Like Gijima's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline

(07-26-2021, 06:34 PM)Gijima Wrote:

You just have to let people have their fantasies. Bashing other coalitions is nothing new, this has been going on for years.

It isn't a fantasy although the Birmingham are not very well physically, in a confrontation the BBoys win they know how to fight. But right now they aren'tt in very good physical condition to face the Avocas.

Gijima Offline

(07-26-2021, 07:06 PM)Calvitoo Wrote:

It isn't a fantasy although the Birmingham are not very well physically, in a confrontation the BBoys win they know how to fight. But right now they aren'tt in very good physical condition to face the Avocas.

This campaign has been going on for months. Tinyo's slight deterioration in condition started less than a few weeks ago, and Nhena is in great condition. So no, this "win" isn't due to the present condition of Tinyo alone. And what's Blondie's excuse? He could barely walk last month and yet shown character and perseverance marching deep into Mala Mala with Mohawk. As someone said, can Blondie even fight right now? But I don't see him slowing down. If you can't admit the good in another coalition but say nonsense like they have "nothing" on the bboys, you're not a logical fan. Bboys took Mala Mala with a numbers advantage and because there was basically no competition when they moved in... same as when they took the north with a 5 to 2 advantage and Matimbas just ran away. But no one should take away what they did in tenure. And that applies to ever coalition that comes after them.

And finally, the scars on Tinyo's face come from his brothers and fighting at the dinner table... not from "battles". Just saying..
3 users Like Gijima's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Up until recently the only thing the Avocas did was steal territory. Lions dont care much about how much hectares they own so that may explain the lack of a responce to a degree.

Now we are however seeing attacks on cubs and the pride itself. Thats quite a gamechanger.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-26-2021, 07:31 PM)Gijima Wrote:

This campaign has been going on for months. Tinyo's slight deterioration in condition started less than a few weeks ago, and Nhena is in great condition. So no, this "win" isn't due to the present condition of Tinyo alone. And what's Blondie's excuse? He could barely walk last month and yet shown character and perseverance marching deep into Mala Mala with Mohawk. As someone said, can Blondie even fight right now? But I don't see him slowing down. If you can't admit the good in another coalition but say nonsense like they have "nothing" on the bboys, you're not a logical fan. Bboys took Mala Mala with a numbers advantage and because there was basically no competition when they moved in... same as when they took the north with a 5 to 2 advantage and Matimbas just ran away. But no one should take away what they did in tenure. And that applies to ever coalition that comes after them.

And finally, the scars on Tinyo's face come from his brothers and fighting at the dinner table... not from "battles". Just saying..

Totally agree. I would also add that Birmingham's age can not be excuse either. They are probably born around early 2011 and 10 years old even through not prime anymore, it is not that much it makes lion unable to fight. Majingis were probably over 11 and still were chassing Birminghams around and Mapogos were yet much older (Mak was over 14) when they gave hard time big, prime KNP males. Also it is quite funny Tr1x to remember how we had a disscusion there just after Black Dam male was ousted by the Monwana males (he was 10 and half years old by that time as far as I remember) and I said that I do not see him making futher than few months at nomadic life (or so, I do not remember exactly how much time I bet he will survive) and you were like " What are you talking about? He is just 10 years old, still at his peek, he can easly survie much more that this" and now apparantly Biminghams at 10 years old are just shadows of themself who can not do anythink just because of their age.
4 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 08:34 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-26-2021, 07:53 PM)Potato Wrote: Totally agree. I would also add that Birmingham's age can not be excuse either. They are probably born around early 2011 and 10 years old even through not prime anymore, it is not that much it makes lion unable to fight. Majingis were probably over 11 and still were chassing Birminghams around and Mapogos were yet much older (Mak was over 14) when they gave hard time big, prime KNP males. Also it is quite funny Tr1x to remember how we had a disscusion there just after Black Dam male was ousted by the Monwana males (he was 10 and half years old by that time as far as I remember) and I said that I do not see him making futher than few months at nomadic life (or so, I do not remember exactly how much time I bet he will survive) and you were like " What are you talking about? He is just 10 years old, still at his peek, he can easly survie much more that this" and now apparantly Biminghams at 10 years old are just shadows of themself who can not do anythink just because of their age.

Ok, @Gijima and @Potato slow down a bit..

Age is definitely a factor here, and it doesnt matter the age (number) yet in what condition that specific lion is in that age. Watch Tinyo's videos from few weeks ago until now (period in which N. Avocas gain the most) , he is very thin, he can barely walk, and you expect him to fight and chase?? Blondie is a prime male, and even if he was limping (which he almost always does) , he was in great shape.. 

So @Potato tell, me, what Majingilanes and Mapogos ages have to do with Bboys and their ages, are those the same lions, same individuals? Your logic is "oh Makhulu fight 2 KNP males at 14 yrs of age, and Tinyo is only 11 and he cant? ".. What is this logic even?? Idk..

And for BDM, he was in peak condition at the age of 10 in his short nomadic life, he died because he was killed by buffalo, and not because of his age or poor condition..

Some lions look like in their prime at 10, some like 14 yrs old males, they are all different individuals so you cant compare them by only numbers..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 08:49 PM by Calvitoo )

(07-26-2021, 07:31 PM)Gijima Wrote:

Tinyo's deterioration takes months and also the Birmingham have not reacted because Kambula's pride has been divided, this has caused the Birminghams to separate to look for the lionesses, that is why they have not reacted because they are always separated and a solo attack Without knowing if your opponent was alone, he could condemn him to lose as it almost happened a few months ago when Mohawk attacked Nhenha, the BBoys were always separated since the Avocas arrived in Mala Mala and also because until a few months ago they had the threat of the Othawa male, until a few weeks ago that the two Birmnghams spent more time together, only that the circumstances have not been favorable for them first due to the bad conditions in Tinyo and that the Avocas have been more united during the last month so they have not been able to react.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 09:50 PM by Tr1x24 )

So lets summarize what was happening between Bboys and N. Avocas in the past month and lets get dates straight, because Londolozi and MalaMala always post videos with delay..

First we have this Londolozi video :

Its unknown date exactly when video was filmed but prob around 20 - 25th June, ranger is saying that Tinyo had a clash with 2 N. Avocas around 10 days or so ago (later we found out it was around a month ago), so it was around late May/ early June and that Tinyo since has been in not so great condition with major limp..

*This image is copyright of its original author

Then we have this video, prob taken around 10th of June :

Tinyo still looking rough, but walking better:

Week after that video:

Tinyo's condition getting worse, by rangers words he barely walked few meters and lyed down again, leg looking bad:

Now after that we have MalaMala sightings.

17th June, both Bboys with all 5 cubs and few lioness :

Tinyo's condition keeps getting worse :

Next day, 18th June, 2 of those cubs are getting killed by Blondie Avoca male :

Both Bboys where seen at MalaMala that day with full bellies :

After that it looks like N. Avocas completely take control around MalaMala Main Camp and few Kambulas..

This 2 photos are last sighting of both Bboys..

Latest news for Bboys was on 23th that 1 was seen pretty south in MalaMala..

Here it is for those who think that Tinyo decline was only recently and has nothing to do with Avocas gaining ground..

Tinyo was in bad condition since late May/early June and occasionaly limping even months before that..

N. Avocas claim serious stakes only this month (or in the past 10 days) when Tinyo's condition was at the worst, he could barely move..

Sad to say this, but i think we are looking the end of great Tinyo.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Gijima Offline

Did the Avocas get a text message or FB update informing them of Tinyo’s bad condition? Or are they here because they have been making strategic moves since March? 

And Tinyo’s condition deteriorating could be because of his interaction with the Avocas and as a Mala Mala ranger said, stress of the constant pressure they have been putting on them. According to Zali they have been roaring constantly in their territory with no response. 

In March 2021, they scope out main camp for the first time.
April 2021, they basically claimed Piccadilly Triangle as theirs and chased Nhenha.
Later they are seen in Campbell’s Koppie with two Kambulas.
Who knows how many more of these interactions they had as they pushed deeper and deeper.

Then soon after Mohawk is again scoping out a territory in Rattreys Camp…. They aren’t the OM. They aren’t going to march into areas they never scoped out and get themselves killed. They took their time and had a plan and executed it. 

Tinyo getting worse at this time sucks… but it’s hardly the deciding factor. And like I said where’s Blondie complaining about his hurt foot?

Just give them the respect they deserve and move on. Their time will come and a new coalition will outcompete the Avocas too and I hope people aren’t this annoying about it. 

This is exactly like the old Mapogo debates where Mapogo fans couldn’t admit another coalition outcompeted them. It’s “but it was because it was 4 vs 1” and this excuse, and that excuse. Where is there ever a fair fight in nature anyways? If you can turn a situation into an advantage then you win.
4 users Like Gijima's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 10:29 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-26-2021, 09:57 PM)Gijima Wrote: Did the Avocas get a text message or FB update informing them of Tinyo’s bad condition? Or are they here because they have been making strategic moves since March? 

Lack of patroling, scent marking and presence from Tinyo maybe.. 

(07-26-2021, 09:57 PM)Gijima Wrote: In March 2021, they scope out main camp for the first time.
April 2021, they basically claimed Piccadilly Triangle as theirs and chased Nhenha.
Later they are seen in Campbell’s Koppie with two Kambulas.
Who knows how many more of these interactions they had as they pushed deeper and deeper.

Did i say thats not true? Neither of those where takeover actions, after that Kambulas where again seen with Bboys and N. Avocas returned north again.. 

(07-26-2021, 09:57 PM)Gijima Wrote: Tinyo getting worse at this time sucks… but it’s hardly the deciding factor. And like I said where’s Blondie complaining about his hurt foot?

Just look their condition.. Blondie is almost always limping anyways and he keeps going.. 

(07-26-2021, 09:57 PM)Gijima Wrote: Just give them the respect they deserve and move on. Their time will come and a new coalition will outcompete the Avocas too and I hope people aren’t this annoying about it. 

Where did i disrespected Avocas? If you look at my posts about them, you will se that they are one of my favorite coalitions, i followed them since they came on Djuma, almost everyday on WE, i know everything about them, dont you tell me i dont respect Avocas.. 

Avocas where seen in northern MalaMala since more then a year, seeing mating with Kambulas since, and only now made a push, when Tinyo's age caught him?

Coincidence or not, fact is that Tinyo's decline in the past months helped Avocas to made a final claim to that area and few Kambulas (As of now)..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Honestly, this whole debate is going on for months now. So obviously both the Avocas as the Birminghams have seized up eachothers strenth and decided its one not to mess with. 
Neither side is in a rush to do anything. The Avocas have no acute need for a new pride and the Birminghams still have theirs. 

The longer this goes on, the larger the chance that it ultimately gets decided by chance. A lion getting gored while hunting. A solo walk being caught offguard by both adversaries.
And if nothing happens. The pride will just decide for themselves who they will hang out with. 

The only thing we can really do is sit back and watch.
5 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 11:22 PM by BA0701 )

All, this is not directed at any one person, it is directed at everyone. Lately there have been some conversations going off the rails, with people making derogatory comments about other users. While debate is always encouraged, direct or indirect derogatory, inflammatory, and antagonistic comments made to or about other members will not be tolerated by anyone.

So, please, let's keep the conversation on point and friendly. Thank you!
9 users Like BA0701's post