There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Hairy tummy Offline

Wow, nhenha was a very impressive lion, they dont come much bigger than that, he still is a beast now to be fair
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-19-2021, 08:24 PM by Tr1x24 )

Nhenha and Tinyo, sadly Tinyo's condition is getting worse it looks like from the last sighting, he needs few good meals:

4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(07-19-2021, 08:09 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Nhenha and Tinyo, sadly Tinyo's condition is getting worse it looks like from the last sighting, he needs few good meals:

This sighting must be from at least 1 or 2 weeks ago, As Tinyo was seen yesterday in good shape ,,at least in the image"
7 users Like Timbavati's post

Rabubi Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 01:12 AM by Rabubi )

(07-18-2021, 12:40 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Tinyo has looked old ever since i got into lions,with steady meals im sure he will be ok for some time to come

He's like the Morgan Freeman/Ric Flair of lions. Even when he was young, he looked old lol??
5 users Like Rabubi's post

BigLion39 Offline

Tinyo will bounce back. Nhena, still extremely impressive!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Abomai Offline

(07-19-2021, 04:35 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 03:55 PM)Abomai Wrote: You make no sense. Tinyo always had the darkest mane and mfumo was the largest and no one ever thought they were as old as nsuku

Nhenha was the largest, not Mfumo..

We did comparison of both Nhenha and Mfumo here on this forum, with pictures, and Nhenha was clearly the biggest of all Birminghams, you could argue that Mfumo was bulkier with bigger head, but Nhenha was taller and longer.. 

You need to do some research by yourself and dont trust only rangers words.. They are not always 100% right. 

Mfumo was mostly seen by rangers in company of smaller Tinyo and Nsuku, and from that there comes that Mfumo was the largest, while in fact most rangers never seen Nhenha alongside Mfumo, because Nhenha was mostly a loner. 

Here are few screenshots, i believe what i see with my eyes, and not some rumors or rangers words who barely seen Nhenha :

Im not saying that age difference is big, but Nsuku (clearly oldest), Mfumo and Tinyo had more developed manes when they first came here, Scrapper had the least and because of that he was said to be the youngest.

In the end, you dont need to agree, its my opinion.

One thing I can agree, it's your opinion. nothing more than that.

I'll keep trusting people who are not so certain about false assumptions. cheers!

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Well, clearly there is an image of all four Birmingham male walking side by side and Nhenha was the biggest among the four, of course, you have your own opinion and it's respectable. But our great poster Tr1x24 isn't doing any kind of assumption, Just saying a fact.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Abomai Offline

(07-20-2021, 07:40 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Well, clearly there is an image of all four Birmingham male walking side by side and Nhenha was the biggest among the four, of course, you have your own opinion and it's respectable. But our great poster Tr1x24 isn't doing any kind of assumption, Just saying a fact.

Not really. there are many pictures, videos and reports that show otherwise. even one of his pictures show mfumo clearly bigger, but that's ok, it doesn't really matter.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 01:55 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-20-2021, 08:20 AM)Abomai Wrote: Not really. there are many pictures, videos and reports that show otherwise. even one of his pictures show mfumo clearly bigger, but that's ok, it doesn't really matter.

You can think what you want, but theres a lot of false narratives going around from the past, these narratives emerged from some rumor, or if some guide said something once (which he prob doesnt know 100%) and that then it chain reacted and people started to believe in that..

Here you have Tristan with Birminghams in late 2017,and answering the question who is the biggest, it starts at 49:00 min :

He said he is not 100% sure as he didn't see them together a lot, but from what he sees, he said Nhenha is the biggest and tallest (and he said before that he is the most dominant one) , then Nsuku and Tinyo very bulky, and he is actually the least impressed with Mfumo..

We all know that Mfumo is bigger then Nsuku and Tinyo but here is just the example that guides are not 100% right all the time, he even said that himself..especially in this case with Bboys, who where unlike Majingilanes for example, very rare seen together.. 

So if you believe what 1 guide said that Mfumo is the biggest, well guess what, this guide said he is the smallest, now what?

You said there are many videos and photos that showed that Mfumo is bigger, well then feel free to show me those, I've posted those where he isn't.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Abomai Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 06:04 PM by Abomai )

(07-20-2021, 01:29 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 08:20 AM)Abomai Wrote: Not really. there are many pictures, videos and reports that show otherwise. even one of his pictures show mfumo clearly bigger, but that's ok, it doesn't really matter.

You can think what you want, but theres a lot of false narratives going around from the past, these narratives emerged from some rumor, or if some guide said something once (which he prob doesnt know 100%) and that then it chain reacted and people started to believe in that..

Here you have Tristan with Birminghams in late 2017,and answering the question who is the biggest, it starts at 49:00 min :

He said he is not 100% sure as he didn't see them together a lot, but from what he sees, he said Nhenha is the biggest and tallest (and he said before that he is the most dominant one) , then Nsuku and Tinyo very bulky, and he is actually the least impressed with Mfumo..

We all know that Mfumo is bigger then Nsuku and Tinyo but here is just the example that guides are not 100% right all the time, he even said that himself..especially in this case with Bboys, who where unlike Majingilanes for example, very rare seen together.. 

So if you believe what 1 guide said that Mfumo is the biggest, well guess what, this guide said he is the smallest, now what?

You said there are many videos and photos that showed that Mfumo is bigger, well then feel free to show me those, I've posted those where he isn't.

Guides aren't always right, for sure, specially when we take video from the time they didn't have names. But as times goes, they learn and provide valuable info.

Shoulder height is the same, hip height slightly in favor of nhenha, feet height greatly in favor of mfumo. the perspective is deceptive, but mfumo is clearly the bigger boy.

*This image is copyright of its original author

But I'll just assume nhenha to be the biggest and youngest just to end this argument.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-20-2021, 05:55 PM)Abomai Wrote: Guides aren't always right, for sure, specially when we take video from the time they didn't have names. But as times goes, they learn and provide valuable info.

Shoulder height is the same, hip height slightly in favor of nhenha, feet height greatly in favor of mfumo. the perspective is deceptive, but mfumo is clearly the bigger boy.

But I'll just assume nhenha to be the biggest and youngest just to end this argument

This video of Tristan is from Aug 2017, they where over 2 years at that time on Djuma and well known by all guides by their names.. 

What are even those lines? Do you even see that Nhenha is atleast 1-2 meters to the left and in front of other 3, so comparing like this doesnt work as Nhenha is further on the photo.. In fact in this photo Mfumo is the same shoulder height as Tinyo who has its head down while Mfumo up, but you ignore that aswell.. 

And you choosed only this picture and ignore my all others where Nhenha is clearly bigger and still didn't put any of your evidence out.. 

I didn't said that Nhenha is the youngest, i said i believe he is "one" of the youngest and younger then Tinyo in my opinion, althrough that we will never know 100%.

Now you go and still believe that Mfumo was the biggest, which you heard somewhere (still didn't give me 1 source/report where you heard that) , but dont try to convince me that or this forum, because i want only truth to be told about lions, and not false info, rumors, narratives etc.. Cheers..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Abomai Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 08:23 PM by Rishi )

(07-20-2021, 06:35 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 05:55 PM)Abomai Wrote: Guides aren't always right, for sure, specially when we take video from the time they didn't have names. But as times goes, they learn and provide valuable info.

But I'll just assume nhenha to be the biggest and youngest just to end this argument

This video of Tristan is from Aug 2017, they where over 2 years at that time on Djuma and well known by all guides by their names.. 

What are even those lines? Do you even see that Nhenha is atleast 1-2 meters to the left and in front of other 3, so comparing like this doesnt work as Nhenha is further on the photo.. In fact in this photo Mfumo is the same shoulder height as Tinyo who has its head down while Mfumo up, but you ignore that aswell.. 

And you choosed only this picture and ignore my all others where Nhenha is clearly bigger and still didn't put any of your evidence out.. 

I didn't said that Nhenha is the youngest, i said i believe he is "one" of the youngest and younger then Tinyo in my opinion, althrough that we will never know 100%.

Now you go and still believe that Mfumo was the biggest, which you heard somewhere (still didn't give me 1 source/report where you heard that) , but dont try to convince me that or this forum, because i want only truth to be told about lions, and not false info, rumors, narratives etc.. Cheers..

Nhenha is not 1-2 meters away and the lines are pretty clear. His shoulders and feet should be equally higher than mfumo's, but they're not.  Tinyo is not important in this argument, he is shorter both in lenght and hip height and of course I'll ignore him. You make irrelevant points to disrupt the conversation.  And you said nhenha in your opinion might be THE youngest, not "one" of. 

Nhenha is the biggest, youngest and more dominant. Rangers know nothing compared to mr. tr1x24, the bastion of truth. I humbly retire from this argument. cheers!

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 08:37 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-20-2021, 07:59 PM)Abomai Wrote: I can't believe what I'm reading. Nhenha is not 1-2 meters away and the lines are pretty clear. His shoulders and feet should be equally higher than mfumo's, but they're not.  Tinyo is not important in this argument, he is shorter both in lenght and hip height and of course I'll ignore him. You make irrelevant points to disrupt the conversation.  And you said nhenha in your opinion might be THE youngest, not "one" of. 

I know your type and won't waste our time any longer. Nhenha is the biggest, youngest and more dominant. Rangers know nothing compared to mr. tr1x24, the bastion of truth. I humbly retire from this argument. cheers!

Still, you didn't post any evidence, photo, video, report, info, source of your claims..

So your claims are irelevant.

Do you know what word "might" means?

Footage starts at 14:20 of Nhenha and Mfumo :

All people can see it and they will see that your claims are wrong..

Thats from me, photos and videos speak for themselves.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Thierry Offline

(07-20-2021, 07:59 PM)Abomai Wrote:

Nhenha is not 1-2 meters away and the lines are pretty clear. His shoulders and feet should be equally higher than mfumo's, but they're not.  Tinyo is not important in this argument, he is shorter both in lenght and hip height and of course I'll ignore him. You make irrelevant points to disrupt the conversation.  And you said nhenha in your opinion might be THE youngest, not "one" of. 

Nhenha is the biggest, youngest and more dominant. Rangers know nothing compared to mr. tr1x24, the bastion of truth. I humbly retire from this argument. cheers!

I'm not going to give you my ophthalmologist's contact details, or lecture you on the effects of perspective in a two-dimensional image, but taking landmarks on this photo and connecting them with a line doesn't really make sense.
This is all the less so since the spontaneous impression given by this image is that Nhenha is not on the same level as the other three.
In all objectivity, if you want to demonstrate that Nhenha is not the tallest of the four, it is not with this shot that it will be possible.

Anyway, it does not matter much, whether one lion is larger than another, especially if it can no longer have any effect in their interaction, as in this case, one of them is no longer alive.
2 users Like Thierry's post

Abomai Offline

(07-20-2021, 08:45 PM)Thierry Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 07:59 PM)Abomai Wrote:

I'm not going to give you my ophthalmologist's contact details, or lecture you on the effects of perspective in a two-dimensional image, but taking landmarks on this photo and connecting them with a line doesn't really make sense.
This is all the less so since the spontaneous impression given by this image is that Nhenha is not on the same level as the other three.
In all objectivity, if you want to demonstrate that Nhenha is not the tallest of the four, it is not with this shot that it will be possible.

Anyway, it does not matter much, whether one lion is larger than another, especially if it can no longer have any effect in their interaction, as in this case, one of them is no longer alive.
I don't really care who's bigger. just used that photo because it was a poor exemple of his point. the level difference should have made nhenha look even bigger.

The guy seems to be a valuable poster, but a bit rude. I've seen zealotry like that before. Disagree all you want, but show some respect.
2 users Like Abomai's post