There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

8 users Like Potato's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Nsuku AKA Blondie

credits: Brendon Cremer

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

6 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nhenha patroling the area just north of Main Camp, where his encounter with Mohawk happened few weeks ago (Avocas where seen recently back north at Elephant Plains) :

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Nhenha watches a storm on the horizon, interesting omen!
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Psyckoo Offline

(05-09-2021, 03:48 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nhenha watches a storm on the horizon, interesting omen!

You predict something !
3 users Like Psyckoo's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nhenha and Tinyo on a mission, posted 3 days ago, prob filmed just before they killed Othawa male that night:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/COizLocgC...r3hkmmgtp1

We all love Othawa male, but i hope that Nhenha and Tinyo dont get hate for this, they just defended their territory and pride from intruder.. Thats how lions work..
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(05-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Nhenha and Tinyo on a mission, posted 3 days ago, prob filmed just before they killed Othawa male that night:

We all love Othawa male, but i hope that Nhenha and Tinyo dont get hate for this, they just defended their territory and pride from intruder.. Thats how lions work..
This looks like an old video from a few months ago (I'm 100% sure), I remember seeing this clip before on FB, Btw, There's not needs of hate an the Birmingham males for what they did, after all, the Othawa male would have done the same
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Gavskrr Offline

(05-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Nhenha and Tinyo on a mission, posted 3 days ago, prob filmed just before they killed Othawa male that night:

Although OM is one of the most adored lions in sabi sand, I don't think bboys will suffer any kind of hate.
2 users Like Gavskrr's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-10-2021, 03:04 AM)Timbavati Wrote: This looks like an old video from a few months ago (I'm 100% sure), I remember seeing this clip before on FB, Btw, There's not needs of hate an the Birmingham males for what they did, after all, the Othawa male would have done the same

Yeah you are right, this video is from February, my bad..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

mohawk got off lightly then after seeing what happened to the OM.
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 04:44 PM by lionuk )

(05-10-2021, 04:12 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: mohawk got off lightly then after seeing what happened to the OM.

What happened to OM is really devastating. It hurts me too much, to be honest. So shocking..Sabi Sands hasn't seen that kind of kill in years. 
Now we know what the Bboys are capable of and what their intentions are despite their advancing years.  I don't think this ongoing saga is over, so Mohawk needs to be very careful around them.
3 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-10-2021, 04:42 PM)lionuk Wrote: What happened to OM is really devastating. It hurts me too much, to be honest. So shocking..Sabi Sands hasn't seen that kind of kill in years. 
Now we know what the Bboys are capable of and what their intentions are despite their advancing years.  I don't think this ongoing saga is over, so Mohawk needs to be very careful around them.

Yeah, OM was jewel of Sabi Sands.. 

With elimination of OM, Bboys might also just get rid off Avocas, as they might go for Mhangeni pride, after they will hear no roars coming from that area southwest to them..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

The Tumbelas might contest it though.
1 user Likes sik94's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

I loved OM as much as anyone, and more than some, he was one of my favorite living lions, I am simply gutted. But, I cannot fathom anyone slinging hate in B-Boys direction over this. First of all, there is tremendous love and respect for those storied brothers as well. On top of that, they were literally doing everything they were put on this Earth to do, nothing more. They did what was expdcted, and what they should have done, given the circumstances. If anyone hates on them for that, they literally need their head examined.
10 users Like BA0701's post