There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 10:16 AM by DARK MANE )

Nhenha on 20th December 
11 users Like DARK MANE's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

So not only he is still in the west, but is also roaring? He is quite close to where the PCM are/were last seen. I was certain we'd see him in Londolozi or something after this new PCM incursion to the west.

Maybe this time he will surprise us all and fight?
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 12:36 AM by afortich )

(12-21-2022, 11:57 PM)Mapokser Wrote: So not only he is still in the west, but is also roaring? He is quite close to where the PCM are/were last seen. I was certain we'd see him in Londolozi or something after this new PCM incursion to the west.

Maybe this time he will surprise us all and fight?

Who knows, but one clear thing here is that he's not afraid. I hope there is no fight.
1 user Likes afortich's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 12:47 AM by Duco Ndona )

Probably not. We saw this aswell earlier this year and they end up being ran off the same.

Honestly, there needs to be a fight. And a big one with casualties too. The local prides cant just keep switching coalitions every few months. I rather lose a coalition, be it the PCmales or Birminghams now than entire prides later.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Contributor

(12-22-2022, 12:46 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Probably not. We saw this aswell earlier this year and they end up being ran off the same.

Honestly, there needs to be a fight. And a big one with casualties too. The local prides cant just keep switching coalitions every few months. I rather lose a coalition, be it the PCmales or Birminghams now than entire prides later.

I agree with you @Duco Ndona. I just would hate to see NYM won't surviving a fight because he is young.
At least Nhenha has been through different life stages although he looks amazing for his age. On the other hand, PC boys look in such good shape that would also hate to see any of them gone.

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

(12-22-2022, 01:00 AM)afortich Wrote: I just would hate to see NYM won't surviving a fight because he is young.

Nkuhuma is older than both PCMs.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Duco Ndona I agree. I mean I'm always for a chase instead of a fight but the Birminghams are getting chased since april according to Singita, but insist to return to the west, which sucks for the prides there, it's also 2v2 and therefore anyone's fight, Bboys had countless chances to avoid this but insist to return so I'm not against a fight honestly, it's part of their behavior and natural life, and as you said, it's in the best interest of the prides living in that area.

If Birminghams had never return after the first clash or had engaged and either lost or defeated the PCM, the West would be much more stable now.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

And yeah not only the NK male is older than the PCM but is in his absolute prime, he just lacks in the mane department for some reason.

NK did some fighting with Nhenha for mating rights and recently got that terrible wound close to his eye plus had more scratches than Nhenha after the fight with Skorro Jr which seems to indicate he is doing the heavy lifting recently, there's no reason for him to do poorly in a fight.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Contributor

(12-22-2022, 05:12 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 01:00 AM)afortich Wrote: I just would hate to see NYM won't surviving a fight because he is young.

Nkuhuma is older than both PCMs.

Oh yea, I know PC boys are young too. What I didn't know is that NYM is older, I thought they were about the same age.

Hairy tummy Offline

you dont just become the most successful male lion currently in SS over night. Whatever nhenha is up to im sure he knows what he is doing. Maybe trying to split up the pcm's, to get 1 alone, who knows
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 12:26 AM by Duco Ndona )

Lions dont plot against their rivals like that.
They live in the moment and seize opportunities when they come along. Where a more stout lion may take a bigger gamble on one than a more cautious one. 

The reason behind his success is becouse he knows when to fight and when to run and is more on the cautious side.
He may take such opportunity if it comes along. As Nguvu found out. But his current overal tactic seems to be to avoid conflict.

If we want to entertain tactics though. A much easier target would be Skorro. If he were to take him and the Othawas out. They and the Ximhungwe could migrate further west and out of the PC males way.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Hairy tummy Offline

(12-23-2022, 12:20 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Lions dont plot against their rivals like that.
They live in the moment and seize opportunities when they come along. Where a more stout lion may take a bigger gamble on one than a more cautious one. 

The reason behind his success is becouse he knows when to fight and when to run and is more on the cautious side.
He may take such opportunity if it comes along. As Nguvu found out. But his current overal tactic seems to be to avoid conflict.

If we want to entertain tactics though.  A much easier target would be Skorro. If he were to take him and the Othawas out. They and the Ximhungwe could migrate further west and out of the PC males way.
Im sure they learn though and nhenha will have a wealth of knowledge/experience but agree they dont have a strategic battle plan
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Contributor

(12-23-2022, 12:39 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 12:20 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Lions dont plot against their rivals like that.

If we want to entertain tactics though.  A much easier target would be Skorro. If he were to take him and the Othawas out. They and the Ximhungwe could migrate further west and out of the PC males way.
Im sure they learn though and nhenha will have a wealth of knowledge/experience but agree they dont have a strategic battle plan

I agree with you @Hairy tummy, animals don't think like us to elaborate a "strategic battle plan", but their life learning has to play a role in their behavior. 
Otherwise, animals will be just like organic robots, consequently, all their behaviors/reactions will be the same and predictable.
2 users Like afortich's post

BigLion39 Offline

(12-23-2022, 01:46 AM)afortich Wrote: I agree with you @Hairy tummy, animals don't think like us to elaborate a "strategic battle plan", but their life learning has to play a role in their behavior. 
Otherwise, animals will be just like organic robots, consequently, all their behaviors/reactions will be the same and predictable.

Same, I agree. Look at Jesse in the Mara. He has learned that relying solely on himself and never accepting a friend or coalition partner (he has had many opportunities to befriend males) he has been able to thrive as a nomad. Lurking deep into big coalitions of territorial males and living well as a lion. They must learn and remember. 

Nhena has adapted and overcame many circumstances  in his own way to be successful.
9 users Like BigLion39's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Any news about where they are?
2 users Like Mapokser's post