There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States SMK350 Offline

(12-29-2022, 05:21 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Any news about where they are?

Londolozi.
2 users Like SMK350's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Nhenha is very much alive with almost no injury.
Just loss a little bit mane next to his left year.
Nkuhuma male is still missing ( as of now)

*This image is copyright of its original author

4 users Like DARK MANE's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Isnt that Nym?
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-03-2023, 02:41 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Nhenha is very much alive with almost no injury.
Just loss a little bit mane next to his left year.
Nkuhuma male is still missing ( as of now)

Thats Nkuhuma.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Where was Nkuhuma sighted?

Looking at him Nhenha might have fought alone, that didn't even cross my mind since I didn't think PCM would allow a lion to escape with his life in a 2v1.

And Nhenha is old, if he fought alone it was indeed impressive.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

(01-03-2023, 10:03 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Where was Nkuhuma sighted?

Looking at him Nhenha might have fought alone, that didn't even cross my mind since I didn't think PCM would allow a lion to escape with his life in a 2v1.

And Nhenha is old, if he fought alone it was indeed impressive.

Posted by Diff so it’s within the Inyati traverse
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Has nhenha actually fought the pcm's or just speculation at the minute?
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(01-03-2023, 10:20 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Has nhenha actually fought the pcm's or just speculation at the minute?

All that is currently known is that there was an area with what was said to be a lot of blood, and mane hair found, where some sort of encounter took place, and that the PCMs were nearby. Images were posted which claimed to be recent images of Skorro Jr, so it appears to not be him, and images were posted which are of NYM and said to have been taken after this incident occurred, ruling out any injuries to him as well. Nhenha has not been spotted since, but at the scene of the incident no dead lions were in the area, so it appears that all participants left the area under their own power.

I believe, to my knowledge, that about sums up where we are currently.
6 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 11:17 PM by Tr1x24 )

(01-03-2023, 10:20 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Has nhenha actually fought the pcm's or just speculation at the minute?

Prob yes, very likely, and it was prob 1 vs 2 as NK has no signs of fight, so im very concerned about Nhenha, as PC are big boys and could put damage very quick. 

He prob left the area as there was no body found, but injuries might still be fatal, lions rarely kill their victims at spot, they fatal injury them and leave them, hope thats not the case.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

It's also worth mentioning Bboys were roaring loudly in Leopard Hills and PCM were last seen in their neighbour Dulini. Then next day rangers found blood and mane in Leopard Hills and the PCM close to the local of the fight so it's very likely it was a clash between PCM and Birminghams with apparently only Nhenha fighting.
6 users Like Mapokser's post

Hairy tummy Offline

5 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

I can’t seem to find that recent video of Nhenha and NK moving at night slowly, passing next to a vehicle as PCMs were on their trail. Not sure I am reading too much into that video, it appeared Nhenha was somewhat jaded with the constant chases by the same lions. NK has no such issues, we have seen how well he could remove himself from danger. All he needs is a few seconds notice, he’s gone in a flash. Nhenha would be the one that is always stuck. He could be fine this time but how many more escapes he’s got before he’s caught out in a battle? This is proving to the worst area to stay for the old boy.
1 user Likes Horizon's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(01-04-2023, 07:08 AM)Horizon Wrote: This is proving to the worst area to stay for the old boy.

A shame he didn't realize this before killing 2 females for nothing, but unfortunately this is how it is.

If he's fine, hopefully he'll leave the area for good.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

1999gc8 Offline

(01-04-2023, 09:25 AM)Mapokser Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 07:08 AM)Horizon Wrote: This is proving to the worst area to stay for the old boy.

A shame he didn't realize this before killing 2 females for nothing, but unfortunately this is how it is.

If he's fine, hopefully he'll leave the area for good.

Although he's a big and healthy old lion with experience I think getting caught by himself with both PC Males who are massive and charge in at any signs of intruders would be way to much for him. 

Almost reminds of the Othawa male getting done in by Tinyo and Nhena and appeared Othawa male travelled some distance after and died. I still hope Nhena is ok but it's not looking good. Especially with how there was a lot of blood at the area at the altercation occurred.

I was really hoping he could settle down with NK Male for his last years and go out peacefully. I guess it was wishful thinking with how populated Sabi Sands has become in the last 12 months or so.
1 user Likes 1999gc8's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

@Horizon @1999gc8 i think you are miss reading Nhenha getting "caught" or be too "slow" to escape unlike NK male, i dont think thats coinciedence/case. 

Based from what i saw, Nhenha has more "fire/desire" and confidence to fight and become/stay territorial male again, as its in his brain, he was territorial most of his life, unlike NK male, who was quite opposite, running from territorial males whole is life since sub age. 

Nhenha showed signs of that, fighting against, then still territorial Tumbela male in 1 vs 1 (NK male not there), then in first incident against PC males, NK male was easily chased away, unlike Nhenha, who was see chasing PC males and roaring to them back and forth in 1vs 2, they even said they catched him for a brief.

And then again now, where it looks like he actually did fight them in 1 vs 2, while NK male again got out without a scratch (although we dont have much info what happened). 

Nhenha doesnt fear to fight PC males, but I think he lacks real support from NK male, who i think got "complex" of being nomadic male for long time and become "survival first" type male, which means he wants to be territorial, but he will not risk his life for it when he sees that odds are not in his favour. 

Thats my observation from info we saw, idk maybe im looking too much into it, and maybe its just coinciedence.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post