There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Mwk85 Offline

Posted today by Diffmarimane. Birminghams back in the west with the Ximhungwes.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cl9KdCkjwkf...mMyMTA2M2Y=
7 users Like Mwk85's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@afortich Selati case is different, they were a young coalition waiting to grow strong enough to challenge for a territory, it's normal for nomadic young males to get chased around by everybody until they reach a certain age. Nhenha is an old lion and NK is in his prime, they wouldn't be getting any stronger in the future. A similar comparison would be Selatis returning West after getting ousted by Majingilanes, they didn't, ousted lions don't come back.

Also iirc Mapogos only chased out the Selatis once in mid 2011 and I assume in february 2012 in the fight PB was injured. The first time they were too young and second time they got a strategic win injuring one of their enemies and never left the West, they were waiting another opportunity to attack which soon came in march.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(12-12-2022, 12:27 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @afortich Selati case is different, they were a young coalition waiting to grow strong enough to challenge for a territory, it's normal for nomadic young males to get chased around by everybody until they reach a certain age. Nhenha is an old lion and NK is in his prime, they wouldn't be getting any stronger in the future. A similar comparison would be Selatis returning West after getting ousted by Majingilanes, they didn't, ousted lions don't come back.

Also iirc Mapogos only chased out the Selatis once in mid 2011 and I assume in february 2012 in the fight PB was injured. The first time they were too young and second time they got a strategic win injuring one of their enemies and never left the West, they were waiting another opportunity to attack which soon came in march.

You're right my friend. However, they're definitely not afraid of going back west. It is a very odd behaviour, we have to wait and see.
4 users Like afortich's post

Musa15 Offline

Have any of the original BBoys(including Nhenha) ever lost in a decisive battle?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 01:27 AM by Tr1x24 )

(12-13-2022, 12:20 AM)Musa15 Wrote: Have any of the original BBoys(including Nhenha) ever lost in a decisive battle?

Not sure what you mean? 1vs1? That rarely happens in the wild, those where mostly standoffs, little scraps and chases back and forth.

I dont think any Bboy (for what we know) was in a serious 1vs1 fight.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Musa15 Offline

I meant any type of fight. Solo, outnumbering a nomad, several Bboys vs other males etc. What I'm trying to get at is I've seen male lions who never really lost a fight and felt invincible, and sometimes this overconfidence eventually became their downfall. Not saying it's the same situation here but still.
1 user Likes Musa15's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nhenha and NK start to feel confident in the west again, they chased Tumbela male as they heard him roaring :

Photo credits : bush_maniac

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(12-14-2022, 05:14 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: they chased Tumbela male as they heard him roaring :

Yea, sounds familiar.
1 user Likes Horizon's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

Seems like the sight of Tumbela male gives these boys a major confidence boost, and then it gets drained out as they hear the roars of PC males.  This dynamic is perpetuating there for a while.
1 user Likes Horizon's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-14-2022, 06:47 PM by Duco Ndona )

Its just the old picking order we saw earlier this year.

They are confident enough to attack solitary males, lionesses and cubs. But flee if a group like the PCmales get to close.

I think they got lucky that the Avocas arent much of a force anymore. Which is drawing the PCmales more east which increases the power vacuum.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-13-2022, 02:39 AM)Musa15 Wrote: I meant any type of fight. Solo, outnumbering a nomad, several Bboys vs other males etc. What I'm trying to get at is I've seen male lions who never really lost a fight and felt invincible, and sometimes this overconfidence eventually became their downfall. Not saying it's the same situation here but still.

Well, there was many fights, scraps, chases, standoffs where Bboys where involved thru the years, i wont go into all of them, because list is quite long, but they had "encounters" with Selatis, S. Matimbas, Majingilanes, Avocas, OM, Ndhzenga and many other nomads. 

And yes, they lost a few, especially after coalition shrinked to only ageing Nhenha and Tinyo, who had a hard time against N. Avocas and eventually lost territory to Ndhzengas, in which Tinyo disappeared.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-15-2022, 01:33 PM by 1999gc8 )

Nhena and NKM.

10 users Like 1999gc8's post

1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-15-2022, 01:32 PM by 1999gc8 )

Nhena

10 users Like 1999gc8's post

Mwk85 Offline

Looks like the Talamati pride had a run in with Nhenha, Nkuhuma, and Ximhungwes. 

https://instagram.com/stories/dulinilodg...DJmNzVkMjY=
6 users Like Mwk85's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 07:27 AM by DARK MANE )

Nhenha
Epitome of male lion.
6 users Like DARK MANE's post