There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"and 4 lioness"

I thought it was one Nkuchuma and one Styx females, but talking from memory so I might be mistaken. Guide could confuse stuff or perhaps there were also some casualtys in Torchwood pride he know of.

" regret passing off Scrapper, that boy was special"

He was very much like Tinyo both in face looking as well as in spirit. I wouldn't be suprised at all if they were littermates. I was always wondering if those two would split from the rest of BBoy and form their own coalition if Scrapper did not pass away.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(08-15-2020, 07:57 PM)Potato Wrote: He was very much like Tinyo both in face looking as well as in spirit. I wouldn't be suprised at all if they were littermates. I was always wondering if those two would split from the rest of BBoy and form their own coalition if Scrapper did not pass away.

Yea i think they where 100% littermates, maybe even Mfumo with them..

I think he was even more crazier then Tinyo..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Well, i've seen different opinions and reports of who was the biggest of Bboys, Mfumo or Nhenha, i found a video of 2 together in early 2017, here are ss:

*This image is copyright of its original author

I think Nhenha was definitely larger then Mfumo, althrough Mfumo was younger and he definitely put up some mass towards the end of 2017 and early 2018, but Nhenha just have bigger body structure..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

As far as I know Djuma guides were always pointing on Mfumo to be largest of the Birmingham males.
1 user Likes Potato's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

(08-16-2020, 06:09 PM)Potato Wrote: As far as I know Djuma guides were always pointing on Mfumo to be largest of the Birmingham males.

I've only heard Brent say that and the Djuma guides often said they barely saw Nhenha and Nsuku especially Nhenha who was a loner mostly. Tristen and Tayla however both said Nhenha was much larger than the rest. Tristen initially said Nsuku was the largest but we know thats not true, he was actually the smallest. My point is they themselves were unsure. Nhenha is also referred to as the most impressive by Londolozi. They said the the most impressive Birmingham is the one who mates with the Tsalala which we know was only Nhenha. Mfumo was definitely bulky but was physically not as long or tall as Nhenha and when Nhenha is looking healthy he is extremely bulky as well. Nhenha is the most impressive Birmingham by size. The previous Post actually proves that. You can see how much longer and taller Nhenha is compared to Mfumo.
5 users Like Slayerd's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 06:59 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-16-2020, 06:09 PM)Potato Wrote: As far as I know Djuma guides were always pointing on Mfumo to be largest of the Birmingham males.

Yea i know, thats why im confused, Nhenha on that footage looks bigger. 

Also this photo, its Nhenha/Mfumo/Tinyo/Nsuku.. 
Nhenha back hips are much taller then Mfumos, for front its hard to say here because Nhenha has his head down while Mfumo up:

Nhenha and Mfumo:

Here too is hard to tell because Mfumo has bent head. 

On this picture Nhenha has his head lowered down :

But from all this examples, i dont see any evidence that Mfumo was the largest, at best its a toss up between him and Nhenha.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 07:05 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-16-2020, 06:50 PM)Slayerd Wrote: I've only heard Brent say that and the Djuma guides often said they barely saw Nhenha and Nsuku especially Nhenha who was a loner mostly. Tristen and Tayla however both said Nhenha was much larger than the rest. Tristen initially said Nsuku was the largest but we know thats not true, he was actually the smallest. My point is they themselves were unsure. Nhenha is also referred to as the most impressive by Londolozi. They said the the most impressive Birmingham is the one who mates with the Tsalala which we know was only Nhenha. Mfumo was definitely bulky but was physically not as long or tall as Nhenha and when Nhenha is looking healthy he is extremely bulky as well. Nhenha is the most impressive Birmingham by size. The previous Post actually proves that. You can see how much longer and taller Nhenha is compared to Mfumo.

Yea i think so too, Nhenha is a bit taller and longer.. 

Djuma rangers rarely seen all Birminghams together, so prob they had different perceptions of them, its not like is noticeable to see that size difference unless males are close to one another..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Nhenha is also referred to as the most impressive by Londolozi. They said the the most impressive Birmingham is the one who mates with the Tsalala which we know was only Nhenha."

That was already long way after Mfumo was gone. Pictures overall are not good source as perspective most often distorts the real view of think. Nhenha clearly had bigger mane, but in pure body size they were very similar with one slightly larger than the other. Guides who see those lions in real life knows best so I believe Mfumo was the one slightly larger. Here some videos of them:

From 4:45 on kill with Tinyo:

2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 08:30 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-16-2020, 07:43 PM)Potato Wrote: That was already long way after Mfumo was gone. Pictures overall are not good source as perspective most often distorts the real view of think. Nhenha clearly had bigger mane, but in pure body size they were very similar with one slightly larger than the other. Guides who see those lions in real life knows best so I believe Mfumo was the one slightly larger. Here some videos of them:

Some ss from that footage :

Their "head" height might be similar, but on every other parametre Nhenha looks bigger, bigger back hips/legs, longer body, overall bigger bone structure across the body, Mfumo is bulkier.

Also, this video must be one of the last of Mfumos, 30.4.2018..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-16-2020, 08:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 07:43 PM)Potato Wrote: That was already long way after Mfumo was gone. Pictures overall are not good source as perspective most often distorts the real view of think. Nhenha clearly had bigger mane, but in pure body size they were very similar with one slightly larger than the other. Guides who see those lions in real life knows best so I believe Mfumo was the one slightly larger. Here some videos of them:

Their "head" height might be similar, but on every other parametre Nhenha looks bigger, bigger back hips/legs, longer body, overall bigger bone structure across the body, Mfumo is bulkier.

Also, thI
IMO
Nhenha is the biggest among the other brothers.
then Mfumo
2 users Like Timbavati's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

(08-16-2020, 08:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Also, this video must be one of the last of Mfumos, 30.4.2018..

In this video, Nhenha is clearly larger in frame. He is taller and longer. It's also inaccurate in terms of bulk as Mfumo clearly had a meal prior and you can see Nhenha is extremely thin compared to usual. In fact Nhenha looks like he hasn't had a meal for a couple of days. Also Patato, like we said Tayla and Tristen said Nhenha was larger and at one point, the guides thought Nsuku was the largest so they would not always be correct. Not to mention they saw Mfumo and Tinyo far more than the Nhenha and Nsuku.
1 user Likes Slayerd's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

A gowrie/Birmingham male on a mission
Image credits: Chene Wales Baillie

6 users Like Timbavati's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 08-18-2020, 08:00 AM by sik94 )

This interesting thought came to me, littermates aren't the same as identical twins or triplets. There is still the possibility of twin lions if the egg splits but that's probably just as rare as in humans. My point, similar-looking lions within a coalition aren't automatically littermates. Do you guys think any of the lions we follow are actually identical twins? as in from the same fertilized egg?
2 users Like sik94's post

239Pu Offline

Nelis Wolmarans
7 users Like 239Pu's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Regal, young and battered Nhenha

5 users Like Potato's post