There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-24-2020, 08:34 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Nharu young male (Snip tail male) and Tinyo of the Birmingham males
Image credits goes to: Tintswalo Safari Lodge and Terry Allen

Thats Mbiri young male, not Nharu.

South Africa Slayerd Offline

Two Bboys fighting in Jan 2016. It looks to be Mfumo vs one of the others besides Nsuku. From the side view it looked like Nhenha at first however the mane on his back is very thin and Nhenha since he was young has always had a very thick mane going down his back. So I thought it was between Scrapper and Tinyo but once again the Mane of Tinyo is black around his neck and it joins around his elbows. So Im thinking this is Scrapper but not 100% sure especially because the face is not exactly clear especially because the male has his mouth open. 

Image Credit : James Craig Moodie

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Slayerd's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-25-2020, 04:34 AM)Slayerd Wrote: Two Bboys fighting in Jan 2016. It looks to be Mfumo vs one of the others besides Nsuku. From the side view it looked like Nhenha at first however the mane on his back is very thin and Nhenha since he was young has always had a very thick mane going down his back. So I thought it was between Scrapper and Tinyo but once again the Mane of Tinyo is black around his neck and it joins around his elbows. So Im thinking this is Scrapper but not 100% sure especially because the face is not exactly clear especially because the male has his mouth open. 

Image Credit : James Craig Moodie

Great photos and information.
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Birmingham  male Nhenha making his way to the sand river at MalaMala. 
Image by: Nic Nel  10/25/2020
*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Birmingham boys on the move
Image by: Pieter Dannhauser!
Image date back from 2015/16

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Birmingham Male - Londolozi Blog - 4 Oct 2018
Image By: Byron Serraro
-One of the males pads through the Phragmites reeds.

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Birmingham Male #2 on the move at Mala Mala Game Reserve
28 Jun 2018
Image by Kyle Smith

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

An old photo like the lion king movie
Birmingham Male - Mala Mala Game Reserve - 6 Jul 2018

Image by Nic Nel
A Male from the Gowrie coalition looking at the rest of his pride in the distance

4 users Like T I N O's post

BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-29-2020, 12:43 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: An old photo like the lion king movie

Image by Nic Nel
A Male from the Gowrie coalition looking at the rest of his pride in the distance

Funny you mentioned Lion King, the image @Gijima posted yesterday of Othawa Male and the infertile lioness, on the rock, according to my wife (a self proclaimed Lion King expert), that is one of the most Lion King-esque images she said she's ever seen. The way OM is standing, chest out, and the lioness is looking off in the other direction, what an incredible photograph it is. This one is as well @"TinoArmando"
2 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-29-2020, 01:42 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Image by Nic Nel

Funny you mentioned Lion King, the image @Gijima posted yesterday of Othawa Male and the infertile lioness, on the rock, according to my wife (a self proclaimed Lion King expert), that is one of the most Lion King-esque images she said she's ever seen. The way OM is standing, chest out, and the lioness is looking off in the other direction, what an incredible photograph it is. This one is as well @"TinoArmando"
Yeah. The Image of the Othawa male is one of the most awesome that I've see in ages . James Tyrell always has taken good photos of lions and others animals on Londolozi Private Game Reserve.
Nonetheless,Did you see this image of a lion cub from the Kambula pride? As per MalaMala Game Reserve Facebook page this. Feels like a scene right out of The Lion King! 
Image by: hannes_lochner

2 users Like T I N O's post

Gijima Offline

Image by Nic Nel

They were posing on "Plaque Rock" in Londolozi... they might as well rename it Pride Rock and go all in with the Lion King theme.
1 user Likes Gijima's post

BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-29-2020, 02:04 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Image by Nic Nel

Yeah. The Image of the Othawa male is one of the most awesome that I've see in ages . James Tyrell always has taken good photos of lions and others animals on Londolozi Private Game Reserve.
Nonetheless,Did you see this image of a lion cub from the Kambula pride? As per MalaMala Game Reserve Facebook page this. Feels like a scene right out of The Lion King! 
Image by: hannes_lochner

Both of these incredible images will make my wife very happy. Thank you my friend

BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-29-2020, 02:23 AM)Gijima Wrote:

Image by Nic Nel

They were posing on "Plaque Rock" in Londolozi... they might as well rename it Pride Rock and go all in with the Lion King theme.

Indeed my friend, that is possibly the most picturesque lion location I have seen, especially for LK fans like my wife. Do lions visit that location often? What made that image so perfect was the way OM was standing, and the way the lioness was sitting and staring off in the other direction, to be at the right place to catch that single moment was simply perfect.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-29-2020, 02:36 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 02:23 AM)Gijima Wrote:

Image by Nic Nel

Indeed my friend, that is possibly the most picturesque lion location I have seen, especially for LK fans like my wife. Do lions visit that location often? What made that image so perfect was the way OM was standing, and the way the lioness was sitting and staring off in the other direction, to be at the right place to catch that single moment was simply perfect.
Exactly my friend. Lions often visits to the top of the rocks. Perhaps to rest  or watch what is happening in the distance. this could be because they must have better vision at height
Ofteen, in KNP some lions as (Mazithi males) were photographed over the top of the Lubye Lubye Rocks. I'll say almost perfect as the Othawa male photo. 
I'll post the photo of the Mazithi male on Coalitions of Kruger National Park thread.
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Nhenha the handsome Birmingham male on the lookout
Image by: Marianna Gdanis

9 users Like T I N O's post