There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-09-2020, 10:05 PM)Potato Wrote: Throwback to I think Tinyo vs Nsuku with Tinyo coming out on top

Yes thats Nsuku, i think that in all Bboys battles recorded, Tinyo is always involved, definetly agressive and scrapy boy.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 12:40 AM by Tr1x24 )

On this video, around 16 min mark, ranger is telling about Bboys history, he said that 4th male (Mfumo) is belived to die from snake poisoning. 

Quite interesting, idk if he has some insight on this, or he just heard rumors and speculations, but i've never heard about this theory before. 

He also might mix up Mfumo and Scrapper , as he said that 5th male went missing, and that 4th male died from snake bite. 

4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

(04-12-2020, 12:37 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: On this video, around 16 min mark, ranger is telling about Bboys history, he said that 4th male (Mfumo) is belived to die from snake poisoning. 

Quite interesting, idk if he has some insight on this, or he just heard rumors and speculations, but i've never heard about this theory before. 

He also might mix up Mfumo and Scrapper , as he said that 5th male went missing, and that 4th male died from snake bite. 

I hadn't heard that Tokolosh died from snake bite; I did know that he was physically declining with no apparent injury. So it does make sense. But yeah, I think he mixed up the two BBoys.
1 user Likes Matimbalani's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

A magnificent looking from the Gowrie/Birmingham Male at MalaMala Game Reserve.

Image Credit: Gerry Armstrong.
February 5, 2020.

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

Fight

4 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Beautiful Tinyo following his mating lioness :

Even at 10 yrs old, 2 Bboys are muscular and tanky as ever, still 2 most impressive lions and strongest force in Sabi Sands atm..
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

( This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 01:09 PM by Cunaguaro )

Tinyo looked somewhat battered! The images are from about one week ago.

3 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Birmingham Male Nhenha and their cub.
"Father and child ! One of the Birmingham males with one of the larger cubs from the Ntsevu pride at Londolozi,South Africa".
April 13, 2020.
Anthony Goldman

5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Tinyo and Nhenha with serious face on, when they pursuit 4 N'ws males:

This 2 are not that often seen in Sabi Sabi, Sabi Sabi is considerate more on a border of their territory, so its suprise that they pursuit 4 N'ws males that deep in Sabi Sabi.

They prob heard roars of the young males from far away, so they come to investigate "new neighbors" far from their natal pride and youngster, to send a messege that further north is their land and they are not messing around. 

2 Bboys are still much bigger then 4 N'ws males, and when together they can still chase them even outnumbered, but its reported that Tinyo and Nhena split, and that 1 was chasing 1 male, and 2nd was chasing 3 males alone, that situation can be dangerous for them, if 3 males turned around they can easly beat and pot kill alone male. 

BBoys did what they needed to do, try to intimidate younger males, far from their core territory, when its not too late.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Blondemane Offline

Interesting situation, things went hot in SabiSabi, amazing how the bboys handled this situation, the older boys showed they still mean business, now lets see what the young coalition is gonna do maybe they get the message and not want move more to the north, yes they can get one BBoy alone but the inverse could happen too and they must be aware of S.Avocas, that boys not play around too and are much younger than BBoys.
3 users Like Blondemane's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

"2 Bboys are still much bigger then 4 N'ws males"

BBoys are just avarage size lions and I do not think there is any reson to consider N'was much smaller. From the Sabi Sabi blog: "Chased by two, much older, possibly stronger but definitely more dominant male lions!" which does not indicate that BBoys are any larger. I myself would interpret that " possibly stronger" as "about same size but more adult and/or in better contition (that one about 2 small mane N'was).
1 user Likes Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 12:07 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-16-2020, 11:25 PM)Potato Wrote: "2 Bboys are still much bigger then 4 N'ws males"

BBoys are just avarage size lions and I do not think there is any reson to consider N'was much smaller. From the Sabi Sabi blog: "Chased by two, much older, possibly stronger but definitely more dominant male lions!" which does not indicate that BBoys are any larger. I myself would interpret that " possibly stronger" as "about same size but more adult and/or in better contition (that one about 2 small mane N'was).

Size difference is visible, maybe i put it wrong, with bigger i meant more massive. 

If you look at 2 biggest N'ws males when mating with Southern Pride female, they look barely bigger then her, and she is quite young lioness herself, 2 smaller ones are prob not bigger then that lioness

Biggest N'ws with young Southern lioness :

Other bigger wide nose male with same lioness:

Its clear that this young males still need to put a mass to match Bboys.

Also i dont think Nhenha is average size lion, i think he is above average, not too huge but definitely not average.

Georgia Dreadlocks Offline

Can someone show us on map, which part of sabi sabi this happend?
1 user Likes Dreadlocks's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-17-2020, 12:02 AM)Dreadlocks Wrote: Can someone show us on map, which part of sabi sabi this happend?

On Eastern sector, thats prob the reason Bboys heard them, and then chased them south.

South Africa Slayerd Offline

(04-16-2020, 09:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Tinyo and Nhenha with serious face on, when they pursuit 4 N'ws males:

This 2 are not that often seen in Sabi Sabi, Sabi Sabi is considerate more on a border of their territory, so its suprise that they pursuit 4 N'ws males that deep in Sabi Sabi.

They prob heard roars of the young males from far away, so they come to investigate "new neighbors" far from their natal pride and youngster, to send a messege that further north is their land and they are not messing around. 

2 Bboys are still much bigger then 4 N'ws males, and when together they can still chase them even outnumbered, but its reported that Tinyo and Nhena split, and that 1 was chasing 1 male, and 2nd was chasing 3 males alone, that situation can be dangerous for them, if 3 males turned around they can easly beat and pot kill alone male. 

BBoys did what they needed to do, try to intimidate younger males, far from their core territory, when its not too late.
That's a strategy. It's to separate the one brother from the other 3. Whilst one Bboy chases the other 3 away, and remember these guys were afraid of the two Bboys, the other will corner the one and 1v1 none of these boys would stand close to a chance. And then both would join up and maul the lone male. It's just like a buffalo hunt, separate the prey from the herd and then attack it all together.
2 users Like Slayerd's post