There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 11-18-2022, 09:24 AM by DARK MANE )

Two tanks, fig tree boys, nyekundu and osupaat, fight for mating rights.
7 users Like DARK MANE's post

BigLion39 Offline

Ron2, the only survivor of the once mighty M7 young coalition! Rekero Boy, he probably lost Cesar2 and Green Eyes when Olarro South went belly up and was taken back over by people. Bless this boy here!

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like BigLion39's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(11-18-2022, 07:23 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Ron2, the only survivor of the once mighty M7 young coalition! Rekero Boy, he probably lost Cesar2 and Green Eyes when Olarro South went belly up and was taken back over by people. Bless this boy here
He must be 12 yrs old by now. Do he sire any adult/ subadults male till now??
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

BigLion39 Offline

(11-18-2022, 08:28 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: He must be 12 yrs old by now. Do he sire any adult/ subadults male till now??

Yes hes about 12 for sure. Most of Rekero Boys male offspring have disappeared, presumably killed by the spear. They have left many lioness around tho. We can only hope they sired some offspring in Olarro and Olarro South which if they did probably will be killed by spear too. But they have legacy in Naboisho, Ol Kinyei  etc...
5 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Grandsons of legendary duo Lolparpit and Olbarnoti! 2 of Acatia Pride dispersed sub adults, about 3 years old, sired by 4 Ex-Offbeat/Mara North Boys/Isaketa Boys!

6 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2022, 02:27 AM by BA0701 )

Salas Boys with the Rekero Pride, those boys are tanks. The one male has what appears to be fresh bite marks on his back. Also interesting, he is following that female, appears to attempt to mate at one point, but is not interested in checking her fresh urine, and she shows no interest. Not sure if that cub is hers, though it does appear it might be, but if it is I'd imagine the mother is not going to be in estrus for some time yet.

8 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

(11-24-2022, 02:20 AM)BA0701 Wrote: The one male has what appears to be fresh bite marks on his back.

Love these 3 Salas Boys! Might be the strongest 3 male coalition in the Mara, together with the 3 Rongai Boys.

Osapuk is a big boy! Orkitok is recovering from his front paw injury... 

Question, where do you see injury on back? On which male? Was it Osapuk? Osapuk had slight limp on back hip/leg for long time now. It is improving as far as I can see!  I see none on any of them. Very clear images and they all look great, thank God!
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(11-24-2022, 11:47 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 02:20 AM)BA0701 Wrote: The one male has what appears to be fresh bite marks on his back.

Love these 3 Salas Boys! Might be the strongest 3 male coalition in the Mara, together with the 3 Rongai Boys.

Question, where do you see injury on back? On which male? Was it Osapuk? Osapuk had slight limp on back hip/leg for long time now. It is improving as far as I can see!  I see none on any of them. Very clear images and they all look great, thank God!

It must be Osapuk, as it is the one with a slight limp on his back hip/leg. Not sure if this is a bite, a scar, or simply how his hair is lying in that spot. But what I see is in this area.

2 users Like BA0701's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(11-24-2022, 11:47 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:

Little better view of the same area.

4 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-25-2022, 12:09 PM by BigLion39 )

(11-24-2022, 12:19 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Little better view of the same area.

Good eye my friend! I noticed that as well. Its just discoloration around that are. I've noticed that on many different lions too.!!! As far as I know none of the Salas Boys have been attacked at all! Thank God! Oh and yes that is the massive boy Osapuk!

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline

Yeah, Osapuk is the biggest, but Olepolos is the most dominant among them. :) But it not means a lot indeed all 3 boys are large beasts!
3 users Like Lipstick2's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Great example of how difficult it can be for a lone lioness to hunt, even when ambushing a very dense and large gathering of prey at a water hole. It appears this girl had to begin her approach from too far away on open ground.

5 users Like BA0701's post

Ukraine Mwarcaar Offline

(11-26-2022, 05:47 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote: Yeah, Osapuk is the biggest, but Olepolos is the most dominant among them. :) But it not means a lot indeed all 3 boys are large beasts!

Olepolos is the less dominant of the 3 salas. It is orkitok(the one with black dot on the muzzle) who is the dominant male followed by osapuk

BigLion39 Offline

(11-26-2022, 08:01 PM)Mwarcaar Wrote: Olepolos is the less dominant of the 3 salas. It is orkitok(the one with black dot on the muzzle) who is the dominant male followed by osapuk

I respectfully disagree. Olepelos is the leader of the the 3. I've read from Rangers and guides and people that have seen them that he is usually is the front runner and is always in the mix. Even the videos and pics I see Olepelos is always out front and most aggressive of the 3. That said, dominance is dynamic and all 3 work exceptionally well as a team! They are turning out to be 1 of the most successful young boys out there together with the 3 Rongai Boys up in Naboisho.

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

Once Upon A Time In The Mara

6 users Like Leo Aslan's post