There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

BigLion39 Offline

Lolparpit and Olbarnotis legacy! 1/4 Serian pride males, Saruni,  a clone of Lolpapit IMHO!

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like BigLion39's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-16-2021, 02:02 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Lolparpit and Olbarnotis legacy! 1/4 Serian pride males, Saruni,  a clone of Lolpapit IMHO!

@BigLion39 you are correct, he leaves no doubt who his father was, some mighty big shoes to fill.

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Jessie after the fight. This solitaire male, even though old is a mighty Warrior. That he survived is amazing. I hope the Black Rock males stay away from him from now on. 
Photo credit: Cyndy B Waters

6 users Like lionuk's post

LandSeaLion Offline
Banned

(10-15-2021, 09:03 PM)WildRev Wrote: The famous nomadic King Jesse was seen fighting today with one of the five Black Rock males, no one else was there fortunately, the fight ended without fatal injuries and the two males sat after the fight not far from each other, thanks Dikir Moses for sharing and updates.

Masai Mara, Kenya
Photographer : @mosesdikir

Awesome sighting. Here’s the YouTube video:

(Posting because Instagram embeds don’t always show for me on this forum, and possibly not for others too - perhaps due to browsing on mobile?)
4 users Like LandSeaLion's post

BigLion39 Offline

Here's Oloimina after the fight with Jesse! Hope he still has his eye/eyes. My appoiligies as I do not know who took these pics....

5 users Like BigLion39's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-17-2021, 04:38 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Here's Oloimina after the fight with Jesse! Hope he still has his eye/eyes. My appoiligies as I do not know who took these pics....
These pictures were taken by Cyndy B Waters
4 users Like lionuk's post

Super Moderator

BigLion39Here's Oloimina after the fight with Jesse! Hope he still has his eye/eyes. My appoiligies as I do not know who took these pics....

How could anyone not like Jesse, such an incredible story he has. I wish, now as he ages, he could find a pride to settle with, I'm just not sure at his age it's in the cards any longer, for him. Him sneaking through the brush, avoiding two nearby males, and still getting the female is one of the coolest videos of I have seen. Always amazed by his resilience.

Those Black Rock youngsters have been put through the ringer for sure, as well, been through a lot, and also continuing to persevere through it all.
7 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

And for Jesse, spending time in the Lookout area, isn't the best to try to settle down in and hold a small pride. Tons of nomadic males in and out of that area. They like to cross over the river and mate witwith lionesses then cross back. What I've read only the Notches have been able to really hold down that area successfully.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Jesse has been seen today and he's alive and while beaten up he’s got a fresh kill and pretty far from when the fight was. Still in Blackrock territory though.
He’s a huge, tough lion!
Photo credit: Cyndy B Waters

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 06:24 PM by Timbavati )

(10-18-2021, 05:40 PM)lionuk Wrote: Jesse has been seen today and he's alive and while beaten up he’s got a fresh kill and pretty far from when the fight was. Still in Blackrock territory though.
He’s a huge, tough lion!
Photo credit: Cyndy B Waters

He has just minor injuries. His big and healthy mane has played a big role in the confrontation against the Black Rock male. While the Black Rock male has some bites marks around his neck and a nasty injury on his right eye. Jesse just has a slight cut on his eye. But nothing serious to worry about.
6 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Update: Oloimina, the smallest member amongst the five Black Rock males. It seems he will have a new scar on eyelid, but at least his eye is intact and that he will recover. This is a good lesson for him and for all Black Rock males, that they should rejoin each other for support and security rather than always wandering alone and then being involved into fights (last time was Olobor being brutally attacked by Spikey & Enkorouto).
Photo credit: Millie Kerr

Super Moderator

(10-19-2021, 09:21 PM)lionuk Wrote: Update: Oloimina, the smallest member amongst the five Black Rock males. It seems he will have a new scar on eyelid, but at least his eye is intact and that he will recover. This is a good lesson for him and for all Black Rock males, that they should rejoin each other for support and security rather than always wandering alone and then being involved into fights (last time was Olobor being brutally attacked by Spikey & Enkorouto).
Photo credit: Millie Kerr

I was actually quite surprised that Olobor survived that mauling, even more surprised at how quickly (literal matter of days) those wounds healed up.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Spain Nomad Offline

Hi!
I return to the Maasai Mara in early December. I am looking for updated information on old and not so old glories: Morani (Ashnil area?) Jesse (lookout area?) And Earless.  And coalitions (Maridadi and Kaka, Bila Shaka, Black Rock and Salas)
I am looking for any updated information to photograph them.
3 users Like Nomad's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-27-2021, 10:49 PM)Nomad Wrote: Hi!
I return to the Maasai Mara in early December. I am looking for updated information on old and not so old glories: Morani (Ashnil area?) Jesse (lookout area?) And Earless.  And coalitions (Maridadi and Kaka, Bila Shaka, Black Rock and Salas)
I am looking for any updated information to photograph them.
Spot on. Morani is on Ashnil, Jesse is at Lookout, but he is a nomad male. Thus, He goes everywhere. Maridadi and kaka near Zebra Plains Mara Camp. The Sala boys are at Olare Motorogi conservation, but they're dominant over a big territory. As far I'm aware they dominate the Topi Plains pride and Rekero pride. Black Rock males have recently took-over the Rongai area and surroundings. Earless lost his territory and was missing a year but seen recently. He was last seen at Oloolamutian gate
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 06:26 AM by Timbavati Edit Reason: Link fixed )

Olomina, recovering from injuries

Unknown credits, but this was posted by lionsightings

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
5 users Like Mdz123's post