There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United States TheLioness Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

It was so bitter sweet when ScarFace passed. I'm happy that he died naturally and at peace. He was also buried which i thought was nice, although i figure hyenas would be able to dig him up.
4 users Like TheLioness's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-14-2021, 12:54 AM)TheLioness Wrote: It was so bitter sweet when ScarFace passed. I'm happy that he died naturally and at peace. He was also buried which i thought was nice, although i figure hyenas would be able to dig him up.

Im not fond of that burial stuff, just like lions can eat carcasses of other animals who die, i think the same should be allowed for other animals to do with lions, its the cyrcle of nature.. Although as you said, it was prob done due to respect to this legendary lion..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Always, the hardest time for the lion since his birth is the nomadic life, the most difficult test is always when they leaves their natal pride. Especially if the departure was at an early age with the presence of many lions in the area because their presence is always not welcome anywhere and they will face many challenges and difficulties, in this picture two beautiful sub adult males have just been rejected from the pride and it seems that they have a hard journey fraught with many dangers to be able to succeed!

Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer Credit:
To follow & for print: @white_masai_photography
5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Stunning shot of The Last beast from the four Musketeers coalition King Morani, after his famous brother Scarface died a month ago, still records many sightings, and with his age, it is difficult to say how much time is left for him, but yesterday one of his sons from Rekero pride was seen wandering in his area with the pride that his father rules, and this is a good sign and hope is looming On the horizon, if the father ally with his son, this will certainly give him stability after the loss of his brothers and will give the young son the confidence to lead this alliance side by side with his father.

Maasai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer Credit -
To follow & for prints: @averdung.photo
7 users Like Cunaguaro's post

A stunning shot of one of the new kings in their prime, one of the two figtree young males who was sired by the famous “ Kaka & Maridadi “. They grow up to be stunning in every appearance they make. We do not forget that these young kings had a beautiful attitude with the legendary Lolparpit when they allowed him to eat and roam with them without causing any harm to him weeks before he passed away.

Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer credit:
To follow & for print: @alilyquistwildlife
8 users Like Cunaguaro's post

BigLion39 Offline

Great posts Cunaguaro, thank you for those beautiful pics!
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Rob's final sighting of Lolparpit. What makes this video even more interesting, is he includes a link in the description of his very first sighting of this legendary lion.

4 users Like BA0701's post

Frank 2.

Stunning shot of one of the remaining two of Sankai/Moniko males. They are in their prime at the height of their giving, have a lot to achieve.

Sired by the famous Frank & Jesse and they are very similar to them.

Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer Credit:
To follow & for print: @mohdyasirphotography
4 users Like Cunaguaro's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-01-2021, 01:37 PM by BigLion39 )

This is the fight when Lolparpit got caught by the 3 Salas Males and Olbarnoti comes in to the rescue. I never saw the full video. It also shows big boy Olbarnoti chasing around one of the Salas Boys! Great footage and I miss these 2 legends!

Credits: The Travelling Donkeys

https://youtu.be/lpUPCQoGKM4
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-01-2021, 01:34 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: This is the fight when Lolparpit got caught by the 3 Salas Males and Olbarnoti comes in to the rescue.  I never saw the full video. It also shows big boy Olbarnoti chasing around one of the Salas Boys! Great footage and I miss these 2 legends!

Credits: The Travelling Donkeys

https://youtu.be/lpUPCQoGKM4

Looks as though, before the video began, they had already given Lolparpit a little of the ol' what for, but then Obarnoti comes in, and at different points chased both Salas boys around. What a beast Olbarnoti was, two incredible legends in that video. I do have to say, however, those Salas boys are no joke, and are currently making their own legacy. The way they ignored a helpless Scar will forever be etched in my mind.
2 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 06:29 PM by BA0701 )

Lolparpit giving everybody a little roar way back when he and his bro were Moniko Pride males! 

video credits to... Sundowner Safari

7 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-07-2021, 11:02 PM by BigLion39 )

Spearboy aka Yoda has been seen rescently! What a miracle he is! Still alone, still limping, but very healthy, big, dark mane, and healthy size! Son of Notch1 and younger brother of Earless!

Credits to  Abdul G

https://youtu.be/OmrChTHBM6E
4 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Jesse, the badass nomad, wreaking havoc. Takes a kill from Doa, then goes after a Topi lioness, gets chased by Logol (son of Lolparpit and Olbarnot and Half Tail (son of the Notches), evades them by slinking through the brush, and still gets one of their pride lionesses. The badass moniker definitely seems fitting for this 11 year old enormous beast.

6 users Like BA0701's post

(08-08-2021, 07:56 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Jesse, the badass nomad, wreaking havoc. Takes a kill from Doa, then goes after a Topi lioness, gets chased by Logol (son of Lolparpit and Olbarnot and Half Tail (son of the Notches), evades them by slinking through the brush, and still gets one of their pride lionesses. The badass moniker definitely seems fitting for this 11 year old enormous beast.

Ohh! The great Jesse, over here I put a post in the "lion tales" thread about him a while ago. I leave you the link in case you have not read it my friend. Greetings!

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lion-tales?pid=116970#pid116970
4 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-08-2021, 09:17 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 07:56 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Jesse, the badass nomad, wreaking havoc. Takes a kill from Doa, then goes after a Topi lioness, gets chased by Logol (son of Lolparpit and Olbarnot and Half Tail (son of the Notches), evades them by slinking through the brush, and still gets one of their pride lionesses. The badass moniker definitely seems fitting for this 11 year old enormous beast.

Ohh! The great Jesse, over here I put a post in the "lion tales" thread about him a while ago. I leave you the link in case you have not read it my friend. Greetings!

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lion-tales?pid=116970#pid116970

Very good read @Cunaguaro , thank you very much for pointing it out my friend!!
2 users Like BA0701's post