There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

LyonLover Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-19-2024, 07:58 PM by BA0701 Edit Reason: Unnecessary foul language )

*This image is copyright of its original author

So apparently BRB Lorkulup has not been seen for over a week now. Last seen deep in Maji Ya Fisi territory.. 

via LionHub101 on Instagram

JStacy91 Offline
New Join

(07-13-2024, 02:41 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote: @BA0701 I think you’re referring to the incident  where Olobor was attacked by the two males ‘Spikey and Enkuroto’ after which he received treatment and subsequently recovered. To be honest all the Black Rock Boys have shown great powers of recovery. Lorkulup as we know was speared and recently fought off the effects of a presumed snake bite also with assistance from Mara vets. Oloimina was scrapping with the seasoned warrior Jesse and holding his own when he was only 4 years old! Oloshipa I would actually say more of a mental resilience as the loss of Olobor must have been even more difficult for him to come to terms with they shared such a close bond. I’m sure Oloisiadu would have been equally as impressive had he still been with us.
Oloshipa has more than mental resilience to show. Oloshipa took on Olope 1v1 back in 2022, before Olobor showed up and helped him put an end to Olope. I’ve heard Olobor was mauling the back tearing him apart while Oloshipa stayed locked on his face, being clawed the entire time and taking heavy damage but ultimately suffocating Olope and killing him quickly, like a buffalo kiss of death. In that fight, Oloshipa was appeared to be in very bad shape, most people thought he lost an eye or that he may die from his wounds. He was literally up hunting the next day or two and tracking Olbarikoi to finish the job and take fig tree pride. 

Oloshipa is my favorite lion of all time, and I notice he tends to be underestimated and forgotten, among his brothers. He was just as aggressive as Olobor when it comes to others besides his brothers (whereas Olobor wasn’t afraid to hurt his own brothers) and is the most dominant of all when he wants to be. He used to knock them all around when they fought for mating rights in Rongai and MYF early on, and the reason he and Olobor were the only two at MYF of the brothers was because there weren’t many lionesses to go around and those two wouldn’t have abided Oloimina and Lorkulup cutting in on the action. Oloshipa was as instrumental in every pride takeover as Olobor.

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-19-2024, 11:45 AM by Duco Ndona )

Id rather have the reserve spend its energy and rsources actually stopping poaching than combing out the reserve to find and babysit a fan favourite lion that may very well have disapeard for perfectly natural reasons. Or pop up again on his own next week anyway.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Philippines Redroadmale Offline

Weren't there a lot of young males in brb territory? I wouldn't be surprised if lorkulup got attacked by them

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(08-19-2024, 12:44 PM)Redroadmale Wrote: Weren't there a lot of young males in brb territory? I wouldn't be surprised if lorkulup got attacked by them

I heard they’re still there. One of the Paradise boys were said to be mating with a Rongai lioness the other day.
1 user Likes KM600's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 08-19-2024, 08:08 PM by BA0701 )

(08-19-2024, 04:31 AM)LyonLover Wrote: So apparently BRB Lorkulup has not been seen for over a week now. Last seen deep in Maji Ya Fisi territory.. 

Nevermind, I fixed it for you. We are all on the same side here, but such language is unnecessary, especially for a family friendly site such as ours.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United States adamstocks16 Offline

(08-19-2024, 10:12 AM)JStacy91 Wrote:
(07-13-2024, 02:41 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote: @BA0701 I think you’re referring to the incident  where Olobor was attacked by the two males ‘Spikey and Enkuroto’ after which he received treatment and subsequently recovered. To be honest all the Black Rock Boys have shown great powers of recovery. Lorkulup as we know was speared and recently fought off the effects of a presumed snake bite also with assistance from Mara vets. Oloimina was scrapping with the seasoned warrior Jesse and holding his own when he was only 4 years old! Oloshipa I would actually say more of a mental resilience as the loss of Olobor must have been even more difficult for him to come to terms with they shared such a close bond. I’m sure Oloisiadu would have been equally as impressive had he still been with us.
Oloshipa has more than mental resilience to show. Oloshipa took on Olope 1v1 back in 2022, before Olobor showed up and helped him put an end to Olope. I’ve heard Olobor was mauling the back tearing him apart while Oloshipa stayed locked on his face, being clawed the entire time and taking heavy damage but ultimately suffocating Olope and killing him quickly, like a buffalo kiss of death. In that fight, Oloshipa was appeared to be in very bad shape, most people thought he lost an eye or that he may die from his wounds. He was literally up hunting the next day or two and tracking Olbarikoi to finish the job and take fig tree pride. 

Oloshipa is my favorite lion of all time, and I notice he tends to be underestimated and forgotten, among his brothers. He was just as aggressive as Olobor when it comes to others besides his brothers (whereas Olobor wasn’t afraid to hurt his own brothers) and is the most dominant of all when he wants to be. He used to knock them all around when they fought for mating rights in Rongai and MYF early on, and the reason he and Olobor were the only two at MYF of the brothers was because there weren’t many lionesses to go around and those two wouldn’t have abided Oloimina and Lorkulup cutting in on the action. Oloshipa was as instrumental in every pride takeover as Olobor.

I actually agree with most of your points to be honest, and in no way was I trying to suggest that Oloshipa was less important than the others. The fact he probably gets less attention than the others is for that very reason, he’s the constant presence and backbone of the coalition which allows the rest to be themselves. Also just to mention the recent rumours about Lorkulup, hopefully he shows up soon. Would be a real shame if yet another of Mara’s famous lions was lost in suspicious circumstances without any sort of explanation.
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

Mwk85 Offline

Lorkulup finally showed himself again. 

4 users Like Mwk85's post

Super Moderator

(08-20-2024, 12:23 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Lorkulup finally showed himself again. 

Great to see, I guess everyone can calm down now.
3 users Like BA0701's post

( This post was last modified: 08-21-2024, 01:24 AM by KM600 )

Oloimina and Oloshipa. Oloshipa has a fresh cut on his face, hopefully they reunite with Lorkulup soon and deal with the Paradise Boys, if they haven’t already.

Edit: I’ve noticed the link seems to be broken consistently when sending directly from LionHub page, sometimes others too. I’ll update once I see the video somewhere else and it allows me to send. 

2 users Like KM600's post

Better yet, the video I was tryna send was made up of three diffferent photos of them anyways. So here’s the screenshots. 

6 users Like KM600's post

LyonLover Offline

(08-19-2024, 06:40 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 04:31 AM)LyonLover Wrote: So apparently BRB Lorkulup has not been seen for over a week now. Last seen deep in Maji Ya Fisi territory.. 

Nevermind, I fixed it for you. We are all on the same side here, but such language is unnecessary, especially for a family friendly site such as ours.

Hey, im sorry I was so slow at answering as I was a bit busy with work but I apologize for that. I honestly wasn’t even thinking when I posted that and that was on me 100%. I should have took the time to blur the picture where there was explicit language. I will definitely make sure to watch out for that and correct any screenshot if need be to fit the websites TOS and rules. I appreciate you fixing it for me.
1 user Likes LyonLover's post

Lorkulup was seen mating today, the account also mentions they seen the other two BRBs nearby ‘doing great.’

5 users Like KM600's post

Super Moderator

(08-21-2024, 03:47 AM)LyonLover Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 06:40 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Hey, im sorry I was so slow at answering as I was a bit busy with work but I apologize for that. I honestly wasn’t even thinking when I posted that and that was on me 100%. I should have took the time to blur the picture where there was explicit language. I will definitely make sure to watch out for that and correct any screenshot if need be to fit the websites TOS and rules. I appreciate you fixing it for me.

No worries my friend, my comment was not made as a means to chastise, it was just stating that I took care of it for you. I did not believe you intended to post that word, accidents happen. Everything is fine, we look forward to more of your contributions, I hope you enjoy your time here.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2024, 08:42 PM by Ngonya )

The young Black Rock boys, Kijana and Olchore, chasing Bila Shaka male Chongo earlier this week 

by James Lenjir

6 users Like Ngonya's post