There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

KM600 Offline

Tried to send the longer version of this video earlier from IG, but wouldn’t let me due to a broken link which was quite weird. Happened to me before once in this thread too. Anyways, looking ever so likely Olonkera won’t be leaving by himself when he finally gets ousted. Hopefully all 5 stick together.

4 users Like KM600's post

United Kingdom Mapogo Son Offline
Banned

Did Loloparpit fight with one of the coalition 4 Musketeers????

adamstocks16 Offline

@Mapogo Son I don’t believe any fight between Lolparpit and Olbarnoti vs Musketeers was ever reported. Their main rivals over the years were the other legendary duo of Lipstick and Blackie whom they eventually outcompeted when taking over Enkoyonai Pride.
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-22-2024, 06:51 PM by KM600 )

Wonder who caught him, injuries to his back suggests he was outnumbered. Maybe Oloimina come back with help. 

3 users Like KM600's post

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-22-2024, 09:28 PM by Lipstick2 )

The 3 Sankai males are still processing to take over the 4 Enkoyonai boys' territory at Mara North Conservancy - it seems they abandoned the area for River pride - and now trying to chase and scout the Offbeat lionesses to mate with them. 

Most of the members runs away from them with their cubs/subadults, but some of the females have already been seen on busy mating with at least Seenka and Lemurt in these days.

Seenka

*This image is copyright of its original author
Lemurt and Kini with an Offbeat lioness

Seenka also with another Offbeat girl :

Lemurt and Kini following some members from the Offbeat pride

For all photos thanks to Sikona Nick 

Now they seem to have an incredibly large territory, as they are on their way to taking over this part of MNC, furthermore with successfully defeated the 4 Iseketa/MN males' coalition - 3/4 members were killed by their hands most probably, and only Oronkai has remained - they got the whole Lemek Conservancy back with this very likely, and don't forget about their small pride at Olchoro Oirouwa Conservancy with at least 5 cubs. Very huge amounts of land in the Masai Mara, especially for only a coalition of 3 males, but if the boys have found their strength ("balls") finally right now... Only the 4 Enkoyonai boys could compete with them in the area, if they would come back to the Offbeat area, but hopefully none of them will cross each other's paths between the two large coalitions.
4 users Like Lipstick2's post

The 3 Serengeti/Kaskaz male lions seem to have settled down in the Mara, they were seen with Salas pride recently, and nearby to the Rongai and Survey prides' territory (confrontations were occured already as by some reports, Orkirikoi partner ex-Kichwa Son Oloborani's demise also was due to by these 3 hands probably). 

Gaurav Bhandari 

Omokale
3 users Like Lipstick2's post

( This post was last modified: 07-25-2024, 03:06 AM by Lipstick2 )

4/4 Inselberg males - all of them are battle hardened, as it can be seen, but they're still doing their great job in the Southern Mara's regions.
Manywele

Nusu

Ololpolosie

Ruka

2 users Like Lipstick2's post

Great news: Blackie2 is still alive and well! As it was reported, there has been another male lion near him as well - probably Olopi - and they may be dominant males around Nashulai Conservancy.

( This post was last modified: 07-25-2024, 04:05 AM by Lipstick2 )

While unlike the opposite direction with the Inselberg and Kaskaz males, the wandering of the coalitions is also mutual between the Serengeti and Masai Mara. Here is an example with the last 2 Paradise boys, sons of the Musketeers, they're holding territory lately at Lamai Wedge at Northern Serengeti.

Good to see them and the legendary Musketeers' genes now spreading in to Serengeti as well.

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Appears that Sopa Male, Mdogo, chased Olominia, and Mdogo was seen later with injuries, caused by a fight with someone.

3 users Like BA0701's post

adamstocks16 Offline

Mdogo has really been through it these last couple of years, what a warrior! Osidai looking as strong as ever though, really handsome boy who reminds me a lot of his father Bob Marley! Such a shame what happened with their brothers, Haile killed by herdsmen and Loki just disappeared.

@Lipstick2 maybe you will know due to your knowledge of Mara lions, has there been any new sightings of Mrefu recently? Another descendant of Bob Marley and bros who was probably the most impressive of them all but never had the luxury of having some proper coalition partners.

BigLion39 Offline

(07-31-2024, 02:41 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote: maybe you will know due to your knowledge of Mara lions, has there been any new sightings of Mrefu recently? Another descendant of Bob Marley and bros who was probably the most impressive of them all but never had the luxury of having some proper coalition partners.

Yes, Mrefu is in Serenghetti, alive and well as of a few months ago. Wish i could of gotten more detailed info. I spoke with someone a fee weeks ago about him, i had though 6 Pack Males had got him and Spikey back when they were in Paradise area on a kill with 6 Pack subs. Apparently i was wrong. Im not sure if Spikey is still alive or not tho and im not sure if Mrefu/Ooloodo offspring is still alive. Spikey/Enkuroto has 2 sons roaming the Mara now.

The 4 Muguro Boys look more like Ziggy to me, especiallylly Osidai and Haile.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

adamstocks16 Offline

@BigLion39 thanks for the reply mate, really appreciate it. Suppose updates will be harder to come by if he’s spending more time in Serengeti these days. I also saw the recent post about the Musketeer sons establishing themselves over the border in Serengeti, are these two of the three born in Paradise Pride? If they are what happened to the third brother? To me he looked similar to Sikio but the two remaining boys resemble Scar or Hunter more.

BigLion39 Offline

(08-01-2024, 02:22 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote: are these two of the three born in Paradise Pride? If they are what happened to the third brother? To me he looked similar to Sikio but the two remaining boys resemble Scar or Hunter more.

Yup those 3 are Paradise Boys and yes, he disapeared. He had sweet mane and did resemble Sikio in his prime days! 

MPCP put together a map back in late 2022/early 2023 and we can see here the Paradise Boys were and still are surrounded by big coalitions.

3 users Like BigLion39's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-02-2024, 11:12 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(08-01-2024, 02:22 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote: are these two of the three born in Paradise Pride? If they are what happened to the third brother? To me he looked similar to Sikio but the two remaining boys resemble Scar or Hunter more.

Yup those 3 are Paradise Boys and yes, he disapeared. He had sweet mane and did resemble Sikio in his prime days! 

MPCP put together a map back in late 2022/early 2023 and we can see here the Paradise Boys were and still are surrounded by big coalitions.

Wow, this is most excellent, thank you for sharing this, my friend!
2 users Like BA0701's post