There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Some ppl be so stupid..

5 users Like KM600's post

Canada Robot00 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-19-2024, 01:15 PM by Robot00 )

(06-19-2024, 12:15 PM)KM600 Wrote: Some ppl be so stupid..

Very stupid tourist indeed and if kijana would have went on to defend himself we would have likely lost him.

I blame situations like this not only on the tourists but also the accompanying companies and their guides. They should make it very loud and clear in every languages there are and say "you can watch/see but never ever touch a wild animal".
3 users Like Robot00's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Those people severely underestimate how fast these animals really are. 

The idea that you can pull back in time if the lion you are petting chooses violence is supreme nonsense. Your arm would be in pieces before you even realize it.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(06-19-2024, 12:15 PM)KM600 Wrote: Some ppl be so stupid..

I fault that guide/driver, he should have immediately started up the truck, left, and made sure the authorities were present when they got back to camp. Not only did this imbecile endanger himself, he endangered every single one of those other guests, and more importantly he endangered this lion, who was innocently minding his own business, and he surely would have perished if he had harmed any of those people in response.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

I posted the same on that Twitter video.  This moron should be stripped down naked and forced to traverse the Serengeti alone.  My issue is that they'd have destroyed the lion if the lion had done what it was supposed to.  There needs to be very severe punishments created for people like this that there is proof they were this stupid, or they need to go the way of Chile and close off all of these reserves as national parks and allow the animals to be animals and I'd bet they'd once again thrive just like the eco-system of Patagonia is after the rules changes.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

It is unbelievable how stupid that idiot is. If something had happened to the idiot, the lion could have been killed.
3 users Like afortich's post

BigLion39 Offline

The Amazing Legend Jesse in his natal pride with sisters and brothers. I believe his father is Jamal and his coalition brothers who held Cheli pride at that time. Mara Predetor Project has that info about the domonant males back then in the Mara. 

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

More of Topi Boys aka Mandevu coalition sons..... Legend 4KM coalition legacy. 

3 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2024, 01:09 PM by BigLion39 )

One of the Moniko-Sankai Boys, Lemoniko,  popped up a week or so ago. He might be the last one alive if Kilya didn't make it. Jesse/Frank legacy down to his grandsons have bad luck unfortunately. Jesse was able to survive a long time but his sons and brother not so much. Jesse sisters are still alive in Cheli pride. 

Olope/Olbarikoi sons in Fig Tree Pride are thriving as of a few months ago.

3 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Possible sons of 6 Pack males from Paradise pride chased by 3 Kazkaz males. 

2 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Rekero Boys last son Olopi seen the other night with a young male.  Wonder what happened to Blackie2 as last time they were together about a month or so ago. 

BigLion39 Offline

Fig Tree Pride clashes with Topi Pride. Hope all are ok. Can't wait for Olope/Olbarikoi sons to disburse from FTP and start their journey. Hope they have better luck than their half brothers and fathers.

1 user Likes BigLion39's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Any news on what happened to the Black Rock Pride a week or so ago? The whole pride was running along with their dominant males and most ppl thought they were being chased by other males. I know they’re all still together, but wondering what they were running from.
1 user Likes KM600's post

BigLion39 Offline

(06-24-2024, 02:32 PM)KM600 Wrote: Any news on what happened to the Black Rock Pride a week or so ago? The whole pride was running along with their dominant males and most ppl thought they were being chased by other males. I know they’re all still together, but wondering what they were running from.

Oooo, I was not aware of that. Ill check into it.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

All 4 6 Pack males; Chongo, Koshoke, Kiok, and Kibogoyo; were all present with Paradise Pride on this hippo kill. 

People were concerned about Kibo as his sightings have been infrequent but he is in amazing shape, mane has grown full and thick, he looks great! All 4 alive and thriving!