There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline

1/3 Black Rock Boys Oloimina has now become one of the most beautiful and handsome male lion, with the most impressive mane among his brothers.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Credits to Nitin Vyas

And Christian Hargasser 
He's patrolling with Oloshipa in May 2024
4 users Like Lipstick2's post

BigLion39 Offline

(07-09-2024, 07:24 PM)Lipstick2 Wrote: Some more photos of them, the bigger one with hairy belly reminds me a bit of the late legend Olerai.

They might be 2 of the 11 Dikidiki boys, sons of Oleri/Olekiti.  These 2 have been frequently seen in Siana conservancy for the past 2 years.  Some say they came from Serenghetti but no proof. Belly hair male is almost copy of Seenka and Olerai. 

I've been asking where the 11 Dikidiki boys disappeared to. 3 young males supposedly took Oloisikut pride after the disappearance of Morani and Rekero Breakaway boy left, could it be more of the Dikidiki boys?  11 young males disappear? Thays terrible. There should be around somewhere. Jeese/frank has 7 sons left Offbeat splitting 4 and 3 and they survived for a while so why don't we see any of these 11 Olerai/Olekiti sons?
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

This had me cracking up! One of the Salas males tried to sneak up, and take a sleeping female away from his also sleeping brother, I'm dying!

3 users Like BA0701's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-12-2024, 11:43 PM by KM600 )

Oloshipa showing he's still got that aggressive side to him, I seen some ppl say he lost it after he lost Olobor, was never the case. The two males have been confirmed to be the Kissinger males. 

2 users Like KM600's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-12-2024, 10:40 PM)KM600 Wrote: Oloshipa showing he's still got that aggressive side to him, I seen some ppl say he lost it after he lost Olobor, was never the case. The two males have been confirmed to be the Kissinger males. 

Which one of the BRBs was the one who was attacked and badly injured 18-24 months ago? He had received a lot of damage to his groin area. Whichever one it was, that may well have been the fastest recovery from some serious damage I have seen in a lion, he was seemingly healed and back at it very quickly after that incident.

United States adamstocks16 Offline

@BA0701 I think you’re referring to the incident  where Olobor was attacked by the two males ‘Spikey and Enkuroto’ after which he received treatment and subsequently recovered. To be honest all the Black Rock Boys have shown great powers of recovery. Lorkulup as we know was speared and recently fought off the effects of a presumed snake bite also with assistance from Mara vets. Oloimina was scrapping with the seasoned warrior Jesse and holding his own when he was only 4 years old! Oloshipa I would actually say more of a mental resilience as the loss of Olobor must have been even more difficult for him to come to terms with they shared such a close bond. I’m sure Oloisiadu would have been equally as impressive had he still been with us.
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-13-2024, 02:41 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote: @BA0701 I think you’re referring to the incident  where Olobor was attacked by the two males ‘Spikey and Enkuroto’ after which he received treatment and subsequently recovered. To be honest all the Black Rock Boys have shown great powers of recovery. Lorkulup as we know was speared and recently fought off the effects of a presumed snake bite also with assistance from Mara vets. Oloimina was scrapping with the seasoned warrior Jesse and holding his own when he was only 4 years old! Oloshipa I would actually say more of a mental resilience as the loss of Olobor must have been even more difficult for him to come to terms with they shared such a close bond. I’m sure Oloisiadu would have been equally as impressive had he still been with us.

It is such a shame that those animals in the Mara have such little representation. A natural treasure, that is openly being attacked. I would have expected the exact opposite, given they are surely the number 1 cause of tourism funding. Seems people can break whatever laws they wish, trespassing and poaching, while nobody (or clearly not enough) is doing anything to protect the very thing that gives so much to the entire area. I do, very much, appreciate the efforts of the veterinary staff down there, though, for sure, theirs is a thankless job, that so few even know is taking place.

Same thing has happened in the Great Marsh, where Savage Kingdom was filmed, I read an article that the entire area where that was filmed has since been taken over by illegal villages and encampments, it is all gone, and many of the lionesses of the legendary Marsh Pride were killed by those people.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

United States adamstocks16 Offline

Totally echo those thoughts my friend. The video posted last week of that idiot tourist leaning over the vehicle to touch Kijana (younger cousin of the Black Rock Boys) is another example of what these lions are up against.

I wasn’t aware the situation was so bad over in Botswana, but it really saddens me to hear this is going on and the Marsh Pride is under threat. The majority of those lions are the legacy of the two legends Sekekama and Torn Nose and their sons are still dominant near that area, I can only hope they don’t get caught up in all that.
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Posting because he was one of the first lions I followed a couple of years back when I started this.  This was a new posting today, but I am fairly sure the picture is archival.

1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-15-2024, 04:26 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Posting because he was one of the first lions I followed a couple of years back when I started this.  This was a new posting today, but I am fairly sure the picture is archival.

Just like the Mapogo for me, and countless others, I have no doubts that Spear Boy's showing of such determination, in the face of such struggles, is responsible for making lion fans out of just as many.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

Belly Hair male and brother were just officially id'd by MPCP. They are soms of 4 Muguro Boys Haile, Sidai, Mdogo, and Loki born in Hammerkop aka Kissinger prode in 2019.  

Now loaded with this new info i think he resembles Haile
2 users Like BigLion39's post

United Kingdom Mapogo Son Offline
Banned

Did Loloparpit fight with one of the 4 x males from the Musketeer coalition?

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-17-2024, 08:52 PM)Mapogo Son Wrote: Did Loloparpit fight with one of the 4 x males from the Musketeer coalition?

@Mapogo Son For starters, I moved your post to the Masai Mara thread, as that is where it belongs. Secondly, I sent you a PM, and I would ask that you please reply to it. Thank you!

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-19-2024, 03:11 PM by KM600 )

‘Oloimina runs back deep into his territory, and the intruders Mdogo and Osidai begin to retreat.’ These boys need to stop going off on their own. Happened in the MYF area.

3 users Like KM600's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

All made possible because the Mara sucks and the government doesn't care that lions are killed.  If Olobor were still alive this is already over.

3 users Like T_Ferguson's post