There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nkuhuma Pride

United States T_Ferguson Online

Well.. Khanya is still hanging tough.

4 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Go131810 Online

(05-02-2024, 02:20 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Well.. Khanya is still hanging tough.

It is good. I wonder if the young male lion would be a good partner. I just see the young Talamatie male lion and he does not remind me of the Nukhuma male lion, but I think when he was younger he spend more time away from his older cousin and or brother and sisters. I think he is a very confident male lion sure of himself and calm. I think he is like that, because he is good at hunting. How old is he? Would the Talamatie male lion would he be like 6 years of age?
2 users Like Go131810's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-02-2024, 02:32 AM by criollo2mil )

I hope there’s a budding coalition growing between Khanya and the Nkuhuma Sub Adult.   Even though they do have a significant age gap and I’ve been concerned of such differences since the end of the Guernsey/Avoca alliance.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(05-02-2024, 02:31 AM)Go131810 Wrote:

It is good. I wonder if the young male lion would be a good partner. I just see the young Talamatie male lion and he does not remind me of the Nukhuma male lion, but I think when he was younger he spend more time away from his older cousin and or brother and sisters. I think he is a very confident male lion sure of himself and calm. I think he is like that, because he is good at hunting. How old is he? Would the Talamatie male lion would he be like 6 years of age?

The Talamati YM was born probably late 2018 to early 2019.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

A fraction of the Nkuhumas accompanied by the Talamati YM.
Credit: Ryan Johnston

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(05-04-2024, 01:27 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: A fraction of the Nkuhumas accompanied by the Talamati YM.
Credit:  Ryan Johnston

Glad u posted this, just seen the video on the story and was gonna say it’s a shame u can’t share stories thru links. Video does a nice job showing Khanya size compared to the females, assuming they’re not all subadults infront of him.
3 users Like KM600's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(05-04-2024, 01:56 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 01:27 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: A fraction of the Nkuhumas accompanied by the Talamati YM.
Credit:  Ryan Johnston

Glad u posted this, just seen the video on the story and was gonna say it’s a shame u can’t share stories thru links. Video does a nice job showing Khanya size compared to the females, assuming they’re not all subadults infront of him.

Yes thank you for these awesome videos!

What Khanya seen scent marking? I’m curious if he’s adopting the nkuhumas as a new family or if he’s feeling more dominant male style. 
How close are the groups of nkuhumas?
2 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Isn't being with the females putting him in more danger than kambula?? Solo smaller than pc. seems to be more confident than kambula if he is marking and roaring

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-04-2024, 10:36 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-04-2024, 01:56 AM)KM600 Wrote: Glad u posted this, just seen the video on the story and was gonna say it’s a shame u can’t share stories thru links. Video does a nice job showing Khanya size compared to the females, assuming they’re not all subadults infront of him.

Those are subs it looks like.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

So quick question with the nkuhuma breakaway pride being the nkuhuma breakaway pride could we call them the ridge pride after their mother I do remember the ridge pride from the masi mara from years ago but this name is literally who they are probably not now but for the future

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Perhaps Amberridge pride to include Amber eyes?

Ttimemarti Offline

Maybe but I was thinking ridge pride because those are her offspring if it wasn’t was ridgenose putting her life on the line they might’ve gotten killed too
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Contributor

Cedric and Mpho SR drive.
1 young male and 2 young lionesses from the Nkuhuma pride.
May.11.24

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

PE son  
Ridge nose  son and
Chela’s son Nkuhuma
12  May 2024
#rhinopostsafarilodge

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(05-12-2024, 09:25 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: PE son  
Ridge nose  son and
Chela’s son Nkuhuma
12  May 2024
#rhinopostsafarilodge

These are the Mohawk boys right?  Any sighting of him?  Rhino post is down towards Skukuza...