There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N'waswitshaka males

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Man, this is great to see, those boys running to head off danger, and then bonding with all 3 present. Good stuff!
3 users Like BA0701's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 05:57 AM by Tr1x24 )

(03-19-2023, 05:23 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I would have figured the BDM's would have steered clear of the 3 and gone after Mohawk or S8.

They are not going after Ndhzengas, this happened in norther MalaMala , which is not exactly Ndhzengas, yet their border.

BDM's are currently hanging in space between Ndhzengas and northern Sabi Sands (northern MalaMala and southern reaches of northern SS) where they are taking over some chunk of Mohawk's territory, as he is unable to push them out.

They where even seen with NK Chela.

They are prob stil testing waters how much land they can take in all directions, but s8 and now Ndhzengas 2nd time chased them on those attempts.

When new coalition comes into neighbourhood, encounters like this always happen.

Thats the way how 2 new coalitions to each others, establish boundaries in between themselves.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(03-19-2023, 05:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 05:23 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I would have figured the BDM's would have steered clear of the 3 and gone after Mohawk or S8.

They are not going after Ndhzengas, this happened in norther MalaMala , which is not exactly Ndhzengas, yet their border.

BDM's are currently hanging in space between Ndhzengas and northern Sabi Sands (northern MalaMala and southern reaches of northern SS) where they are taking over some chunk of Mohawk's territory, as he is unable to push them out.

They where even seen with NK Chela.

They are prob stil testing waters how much land they can take in all directions, but s8 and now Ndhzengas 2nd time chased them on those attempts.

When new coalition comes into neighbourhood, encounters like this always happen.

Thats the way how 2 new coalitions to each others, establish boundaries in between themselves.

Kind of what I figured.  All bad for Mohawk at this point.  Sad

I'm still curious about all the bachelor groupings near Skukuza.  Seems like a staging zone all of the sudden.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-19-2023, 03:52 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Running? Were they chased by BDM, maybe?
Most probably it would be opposite
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 03:58 PM by DARK MANE )

Late Ubusu.
When was in good condition.

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 02:20 PM by DARK MANE )

3 nwaswitshaka males chasing 2 BDMs away.
7 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-20-2023, 02:20 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: 3 nwaswitshaka males chasing 2 BDMs away.

Theyre looking good. Gore still seems fine despite his protrusion getting bigger
5 users Like Mdz123's post

NLAL11 Offline

(03-20-2023, 05:34 PM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 02:20 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: 3 nwaswitshaka males chasing 2 BDMs away.

Theyre looking good. Gore still seems fine despite his protrusion getting bigger

Yeah it's great to see that he's not another Lambile and is joining his brothers in territorial disputes. Strengthens their position as pride males. And he's clearly strong enough to tussle with his two healthier brothers for food. A very resilient lion for sure, and probably one we underestimate.

Really hard to say what's going on with his protrusion. I'm generally against rangers and guides administering health care, but part of me wishes they would make an exception with Gore. If it is 'proud flesh', as has been suggested, then that can only be healed with surgery, and not naturally. And he's such a healthy lion otherwise. But it might just be because it's not pleasant to look at.
9 users Like NLAL11's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-23-2023, 04:02 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Yeah it's great to see that he's not another Lambile and is joining his brothers in territorial disputes. Strengthens their position as pride males. And he's clearly strong enough to tussle with his two healthier brothers for food. A very resilient lion for sure, and probably one we underestimate.

Really hard to say what's going on with his protrusion. I'm generally against rangers and guides administering health care, but part of me wishes they would make an exception with Gore. If it is 'proud flesh', as has been suggested, then that can only be healed with surgery, and not naturally. And he's such a healthy lion otherwise. But it might just be because it's not pleasant to look at.
He is altogether a "healthy lion".
No doubt about that.
He has accepted that hanging flesh as his vital body part like jaws, paws, tail and legs long go.
Good to see him thriving
5 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2023, 05:35 AM by DARK MANE )

Ndhzenhas with tons of cubs.
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2023, 05:36 AM by DARK MANE )

4 users Like DARK MANE's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

TROUBLE NO LONGER ON THE HORIZON.   TROUBLE IS HERE!

ITS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING NEXT FEW DAYS.

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Accompanying video of the report above.    I can’t be 100% but I believe it’s Amahle. 

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(03-25-2023, 12:55 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Accompanying video of the report above.    I can’t be 100% but I believe it’s Amahle. 

I hope his brothers arrive quickly, and send those boys looking elsewhere, too many cubs involved. Hopefully not another Ubuso/Gijimas situation. Two things really surprise me here, one that they left a lone male (Mohawk) to go and challenge 3 males, and the second thing that I find a bit puzzling is that just a couple of days after having chased these boys off, the N'was would split up so soon.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(03-25-2023, 12:55 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Accompanying video of the report above.    I can’t be 100% but I believe it’s Amahle. 

This will be heartbreaking.  That's a LOT of cubs to be at risk here.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post