There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N'waswitshaka males

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-27-2023, 11:18 PM)BA0701 Wrote: I still struggle to fathom how it is even possible for him to have an internal organ, hanging on the outside of his body, resting in the dirt or even submerged in river water at times, and he has had this condition for years now. It is remarkable for sure.
Maybe that not a vital organ like appendix or so.
But still, that much flesh hanging outside and that too from stomach ( very delicate area). 
It's not only remarkable, it's MIRACLE
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(03-27-2023, 11:18 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 11:14 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: People where saying that Gore's injury is getting bigger and worse with time, that is geting out more, but as we see here on most recent footage, it isnt the case as its quite small this time around:

If this is his intestine, then size prob depends on how much food is in it.

I still struggle to fathom how it is even possible for him to have an internal organ, hanging on the outside of his body, resting in the dirt or even submerged in river water at times, and he has had this condition for years now. It is remarkable for sure.

Is that what it is?  Or is it flesh?  I figured when I saw it that it was like the outward intestines that both of my dogs have, but neither has it bad enough to have the surgery to tuck it back in.  Wild if that is what it is and he's had it all this time with no issue.  I don't think that will be very nice though the first serious fight he has.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 01:15 AM by BA0701 )

(03-27-2023, 11:33 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 11:18 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 11:14 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: People where saying that Gore's injury is getting bigger and worse with time, that is geting out more, but as we see here on most recent footage, it isnt the case as its quite small this time around:

If this is his intestine, then size prob depends on how much food is in it.

I still struggle to fathom how it is even possible for him to have an internal organ, hanging on the outside of his body, resting in the dirt or even submerged in river water at times, and he has had this condition for years now. It is remarkable for sure.

Is that what it is?  Or is it flesh?  I figured when I saw it that it was like the outward intestines that both of my dogs have, but neither has it bad enough to have the surgery to tuck it back in.  Wild if that is what it is and he's had it all this time with no issue.  I don't think that will be very nice though the first serious fight he has.

Unfortunately we don't know the real answer. We have been told it was a build up of scar tissue often referred to as proud flesh, at times it is shapped like a kidney, and other times it appears to possibly be some of his intestines. As @Tr1x24 'commented, it has at times changed in shape and size, lending credence to it being his intestines, since they might change according to how recently he had a meal. It is a puzzle, for sure.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

This is a problem that has long been proven to be not an organ. Simply put, it's like (the tissue of flesh formed for healing. It's not his organs, it's like a piece of flesh, it says nothing wrong with him, it can't hurt his health or lead him to death like an infection, the rangers don't take issue with it, it's just a little uncomfortable to see in the human eye, and it still has no effect on the lion.
2 users Like veritas's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 12:56 AM by veritas )

See page #1122. I had to read it again from #10, to give me the correct word. Luckily, I just found it again.

lionslovers5 on Twitter messaged sabi sabi and asked them about the status of the injured belly male, and they replied that it is not infact part of his digestive system, but actually something called "proud flesh" essentially excessive healing tissue.

*This image is copyright of its original author

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-n-waswi...es?page=75

@Like tonpa thanks friend!

lionslovers5 on Twitter messasabi sabi and asked them abo the status of the injured belly male, and they replied that it is not infact part of his digestive system, but actually something called "proud flesh" essentially excessive healing tissue 

lionslionslovers5 on Twitter messaged sabi sabi and asked them about the status of the injured belly male, and they replied that it is not infact part of his digestive system, but actually something called "proud flesh" essentially excessive healing tissue lovers5 on Twitter messaged sabi sabi and asked them about the status of the injured belly male, and they replied that it is not infact part of his digestive system, but actually something called "proud flesh" essentially excessive healing tissue 
7 users Like veritas's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Happy family.

8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 06:53 PM by Mdz123 )

(03-28-2023, 05:16 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: Happy family.

Which 3 Kambula females are these? I see 7 cubs here.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-28-2023, 06:53 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Which 3 Kambula females are these? I see 7 cubs here.
Seems like one is young and other is older female
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2023, 12:33 AM by DARK MANE )

3/3 nwaswitshaka
9 users Like DARK MANE's post

Mwk85 Offline

3/3 Nwaswitshaka males.

Make it across the river ✔ Make it up the bank, will have to get back to you on that one, lol.

10 users Like Mwk85's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(04-01-2023, 05:37 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: 3/3 Nwaswitshaka males.

Make it across the river ✔ Make it up the bank, will have to get back to you on that one, lol.

Hope he didn't hurt himself.  Those boys have WAY too many cubs to protect not to live for another 3 years.
3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

WildRev Offline

7 users Like WildRev's post

Mwk85 Offline

7 users Like Mwk85's post

WildRev Offline

7 users Like WildRev's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Looks like Amahle is showing off his stamina, chasing a cheetah and refusing to give up. The cheetah actually seems to stop to let him get closer, before running again.

6 users Like BA0701's post