There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides

Argentina Txxx! Offline

Well. This is the map that "Selati" has marked and made a few days ago, I decided to do it and maybe show it as much as I could, Because I am not very good with Editors and much less an expert on lions. But I found it interesting and perhaps very helpful to try to put and detail it rhougly a bit, I have also added to the Orpen males.

(If I  error is made, tell me and I will try to improve it for the next post)

Thanks a lot!

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Txxx!'s post

New Zealand Selati Offline

(05-26-2020, 04:29 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 08:15 AM)Selati Wrote: New and (hopefully) improved Map

Good Job mate!
The Location are correct?

As far as I know yes they should be correct.
1 user Likes Selati's post

New Zealand Selati Offline

(05-26-2020, 10:12 AM)Txxx! Wrote: Well. This is the map that "Selati" has marked and made a few days ago, I decided to do it and maybe show it as much as I could, Because I am not very good with Editors and much less an expert on lions. But I found it interesting and perhaps very helpful to try to put and detail it rhougly a bit, I have also added to the Orpen males.

Thanks a lot!

Looks good mate. Like the extra detail.
1 user Likes Selati's post

Argentina Txxx! Offline

Sorry, I forgot put where the Monwana males frequent usually.

Walkers Bush Villa, Walkers River Camp, And then a bit of territory of the BDM. That is one of the reason who that look very big territory, But isn't

Thanks for the kindwords!
1 user Likes Txxx!'s post

Argentina Txxx! Offline

(05-26-2020, 12:37 PM)Selati Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 10:12 AM)Txxx! Wrote: Well. This is the map that "Selati" has marked and made a few days ago, I decided to do it and maybe show it as much as I could, Because I am not very good with Editors and much less an expert on lions. But I found it interesting and perhaps very helpful to try to put and detail it rhougly a bit, I have also added to the Orpen males.

Thanks a lot!

Looks good mate. Like the extra detail.

Thanks you mate??

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Thanks a lot!

Oh nice Map!
Thanks for sharing here
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(12-14-2019, 10:15 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: MAP OF KNOWN COALITIONS OF KRUGER

Note: This is approx. where this coalitions are, exact size and area of some coalitions territory might not be 100% accurate,its based on the last/recent sighting of that coalition,which is mostly around some roads or camps,with lack of camps in Kruger its impossible to known their exact territory. If somebody knows about other coalitions and their approx. territory especially in the northern Kruger,let me know,i will add it to the map.

In which parts should be dominant the Red Road Male?

Thanks for the map!

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-27-2020, 10:47 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: In which parts should be dominant the Red Road Male?

Thanks for the map!

Thats the older map, this is the updated one with Red Road Male:

4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 12:49 AM by Timbavati )

(05-27-2020, 11:29 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 10:47 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: In which parts should be dominant the Red Road Male?

Thanks for the map!

Thats the older map, this is the updated one with Red Road Male:

Wow. I really appreciate it so much your Information!
Zark Males are more toward SouthWest.

More to the southwest, we are on the boundary and Zark Property is the point that is protruding from the Klaserie and we have the two properties above that. Our zark pride is roaming between zark and two properties above us roughly over 5000 ha
Directly right from Eastgate airport sign is is Zark (Ximuwu Lodge)
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Improvised map about Timbavati,Klaserie,Manyeleti and Balule!
If something  is Wrong let me to know

(The Giraffe  pride spends a lot of time in the Klaserie River on Giraffe farm and schoongezicht farm. )
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Monwana pride and Xikukutsus are in northen Thornybush.
2 users Like Potato's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(05-29-2020, 12:25 AM)Potato Wrote: Monwana pride and Xikukutsus are in northen Thornybush.

So, Where is the Giraffe pride, Should be around the Monwana pride ?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 12:43 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-29-2020, 12:29 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: So, Where is the Giraffe pride, Should be around the Monwana pride ?

Black Dam pride and Giraffe male are furthest south in Thornybush, than in north Thornybush are Monwana pride and Xikukutsus. 

Giraffe pride and Monwana/BDM males are above Monwana pride, around Kambaku area, on a border of Klaserie and Timbavati.

Hope that helps.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Updated map of lion prides in Sabi Sands after few months:

Updates:

- 1 of the 2 Ximhungwe lioness seems to pass away as she was seen in very bad condition in last months in northern Sabi Sands.
- remaining Ximhungwe lioness was seen with a cub in southwestern Manyeleti, fathers are most likely either N.Avocas or HB Matimba.
- Talamati cubs are now shown as subadults as they are all over 1 yrs old now,older ones 1.5 yrs, the same goes for Tsalala cub.
- 1 younger cub from Kambula pride went missing few months ago.
- Nkuhuma young male joined Styx pride, and is most likely he will form a coalition with Styx young male,as they where seen hanging out together.
- young Nkuhuma lioness which was hanging with NK young male is seen alone around Simbambili area, she rejoins the pride from time to times.
- 4 new young lion from Plains Camp pride came into Sabi Sands in past month.
- we get more info on Fourways pride, speculated Torchwood male isnt 1 of the males afterall, they are 2 unknown males from Kruger.
- 1 of the younger Sand River lionesses rejoined her mothers.
- idk how many cubs where in the Sand River pride, but only 1 cub is still alive atm.
- older Southern Pride lioness unfortunately died from the injuries after encounter with Mhangeni pride few months ago.
- remaining Southern Pride lioness was seen mating with 4 N'ws males and is now under their control.
- N'ws males are shown as dominant males as they pretty much settled their territory in Lion Sands,south Sabi Sabie and further south in Kruger with Southern Pride lioness.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Update on Manyeleti lion prides map

4 users Like Potato's post