There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
Our new member S Boultan needs community opinion on his project on animal conservation. Read his post and if possible help him by replying or sharing it to others who are qualified.

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-03-2024, 02:25 AM by Ngonya Edit Reason: Birmingham Breakway male ID )

"One of the Birmingham Breakaway Males calling to establish their presence and dominance in the area after a run-in with a few other young male Lions. (Monwana)
This coalition of males are far from settled down in any particular territory, but they make themselves known wherever they end up.
Incredible to have watched them go from members of the pride to nomadic males trying to stake their claim in the Timbavati."
Birmingham Breakway male Dzombo making himself heard reafirming his presence in the area 
8 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-03-2024, 02:29 AM by Ngonya Edit Reason: Birmingham Breakaway ID )

(10-02-2024, 08:38 PM)Ngonya Wrote: One of the Birmingham Breakaway Males calling to establish their presence and dominance in the area after a run-in with a few other young male Lions.(Monwana)
more footage including a video on the persecution, by Johan Adolf Smalman
The chase
Kovu & Indlebe leading the chase, Dzombo right behind them

aftermath
Dzombo passes by Indlebe and bonds with his younger brother Ilanga

5 users Like Ngonya's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Yea looks like Monwana young males will need to move from this area as long as Birmingham Breakaways are there.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-03-2024, 07:03 AM by Mapokser )

andbeyondngala stories showing 1/2 Mbiri male playing with a Birmingham cub:

*This image is copyright of its original author

7 users Like Mapokser's post

DE_66 Offline

(09-26-2024, 10:59 PM)BA0701 Wrote: This is fantastic news, for sure! Thank you, Sabi Sabi!

An aside, I do wish @Tonpa would come back and join us again

Is @Tonpa in South Africa?
2 users Like DE_66's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(Yesterday, 05:40 PM)DE_66 Wrote:
(09-26-2024, 10:59 PM)BA0701 Wrote: This is fantastic news, for sure! Thank you, Sabi Sabi!

I do not actually know where he is from, just know he was a valued member of the site, and happens to be the person who gave Wonky Eye his name.
2 users Like BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(Yesterday, 07:59 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 05:40 PM)DE_66 Wrote:

I do not actually know where he is from, just know he was a valued member of the site, and happens to be the person who gave Wonky Eye his name.

Agree with buddy @BA0701, @Tonpa used to provide a lot of novel content.
2 users Like afortich's post

BigLion39 Offline

(09-26-2024, 08:52 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Seems, Sabi Sabi will be going into a new venture as they make the old Hunting reserve of Sandringham and convert it to a protected area.   This would give us access into the reserve where we believe the Black Dam pride has made home with their Xikukutzu Coalition pride Males  

I wonder is Mapoza linked up with Xikukuzu again and they're in that area? I very much wonder.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(3 hours ago)BigLion39 Wrote: I wonder is Mapoza linked up with Xikukuzu again and they're in that area? I very much wonder.

Doubt that, their last encounter, and last time Xikukutsus where in Thornybush (2022 or 2023, cant remember) was hostile, Mapoza chased them back south.