There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

T I N O Online
Moderators

All three Machaton males were seen this morning in Grietjie. All of them were looking in good shape, even the third member who has an injured leg. 
Photo courtesy of: Home in Africa 

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like T I N O's post

Gijima Offline

(08-16-2021, 08:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Guess the Ross Males chased the Mbiri boys out, one of them is now mating with a Mbiri girl 

Looks like this was a younger Mbiri female. Scar was mating with an older Mbiri.. and I hate to say it... likely his own sister. What a soap opera this is turning out to be. Wouldn't be surprised if we see the Mbiris with YBM next week.
3 users Like Gijima's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
Music 

Sweet Home Alabama 
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Bigger mane Xikukutsu male

Xikukutsu male with MApoza male

Both Xikukutsus from few months ago

7 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(08-16-2021, 08:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Guess the Ross Males chased the Mbiri boys out, one of them is now mating with a Mbiri girl 

These are by far, Good news for the gene pool of the Mbiri pride. The Ross males aren't related with the females as the two Mbiri males and Tintswalo males are.
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Mapoza, what a rock star! He is blind in one eye, and still manages to go about his male Lion business. We found him chilling on a termite mound in Thornybush Game Reserve while he was busy patrolling his territory. That face certainly tells a few stories…
Photo credits: Michael Tucker

7 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-17-2021, 01:52 AM)Timbavati Wrote:

These are by far, Good news for the gene pool of the Mbiri pride. The Ross males aren't related with the females as the two Mbiri males and Tintswalo males are.

Definitelly, but the question stand if they are able and willing to compate with Mbiri and Tintswalo males and I would say the answer is no. Also it would be bad for the newly born cubs in Birmingham pride so I hope the Ross males do not get in the way of Mbiri males as such confrontation could end up in disaster for the Ross males.
4 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

I'm disagree with that. The Ross males are one of the most tough and strong duo in the region since years, they have become successful in the area thus far and have proven it with the Birmingham pride and the Birmingham breakaway pride. I won't say the Mbiri males are less than the Ross as they proven us the otherwise numerous times, But the two Nharhu males despite being quite smaller than them, and despite that, The Nharhu males  have chased them off. The Ross males could do exactly the same.
3 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-17-2021, 02:13 AM)Potato Wrote: Definitelly, but the question stand if they are able and willing to compate with Mbiri and Tintswalo males and I would say the answer is no. Also it would be bad for the newly born cubs in Birmingham pride so I hope the Ross males do not get in the way of Mbiri males as such confrontation could end up in disaster for the Ross males.

Ross males are past their prime years,but still in good shape, that absolutely doesnt mean that they cant compete with Mbiris or far less experienced Tintswalos.. 

But i dont think they will, they have good situation and 2 big prides on Ngala..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(08-17-2021, 02:28 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 02:13 AM)Potato Wrote: Definitelly, but the question stand if they are able and willing to compate with Mbiri and Tintswalo males and I would say the answer is no. Also it would be bad for the newly born cubs in Birmingham pride so I hope the Ross males do not get in the way of Mbiri males as such confrontation could end up in disaster for the Ross males.

Ross males are past their prime years,but still in good shape, that absolutely doesnt mean that they cant compete with Mbiris or far less experienced Tintswalos.. 

But i dont think they will, they have good situation and 2 big prides on Ngala..

Indeed! They already have two big prides in Ngala and with cubs. I doubt they'll push into Manyeleti to follow the Mbiri females, but if the females stick in Ngala, the Ross boys surely will be around to mated with the female. Well, that's at least my thoughts
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

All three Machaton males were seen this morning in Grietjie Private Nature Reserve letting their presence known. With the four Maseke males controlling this land and the two Sark males spending time in Jejane (South of Balule) and the Strydon sons  seen in the Eastern part of Balule into Klaserie side/border. The Machaton males are being pressured from all the sides
Photo credits: Home in Africa

4 users Like T I N O's post

United States Mohawk Offline

(08-15-2021, 11:44 PM)Timbavati Wrote: As far I know, all of the Matimba's were still together in almost late 2013. In fact, the Nsemani/Mbiri male resemblances quite to Ginger too. Which lead myself to think that he also could have mated with the Mbiri females at that time. Btw, great words @Mohawk it's great read different kind of opinions. Thank you for your contribution.

I appreciate your contributions as well, my friend.

Do you know what happened to the Skybed Pride?  Where was there original home range?
1 user Likes Mohawk's post

(08-15-2021, 11:41 PM)Potato Wrote: Mapoza

Great find!  One of the best pics I've ever seen of Mapoza

(08-17-2021, 02:18 AM)Timbavati Wrote: I'm disagree with that. The Ross males are one of the most tough and strong duo in the region since years, they have become successful in the area thus far and have proven it with the Birmingham pride and the Birmingham breakaway pride. I won't say the Mbiri males are less than the Ross as they proven us the otherwise numerous times, But the two Nharhu males despite being quite smaller than them, and despite that, The Nharhu males  have chased them off. The Ross males could do exactly the same.

I think the Mbiris were running because they were worried the 3rd Nharu would show up.  But that's just my opinion.  You could very well be right.  The Ross Males are definitely battle worthy.

Hopefully a war won't break out since both coalitions have young cubs to protect.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-17-2021, 02:18 AM)Timbavati Wrote: I'm disagree with that. The Ross males are one of the most tough and strong duo in the region since years, they have become successful in the area thus far and have proven it with the Birmingham pride and the Birmingham breakaway pride
I do not deny that. I believe tho Mbiris are just on yet another level than great most of other coalitions including Ross males. Mbiris already chassed them around when they were not even 4 years old yet while Ross were over 6 years old dominant males. Now Mbiris are in prime while Ross are already past (tho they look to be in perfect condition) so the Ross male would have aditional disadvantage. 
(08-17-2021, 02:18 AM)Timbavati Wrote: But the two Nharhu males despite being quite smaller than them, and despite that, The Nharhu males  have chased them off. The Ross males could do exactly the same.

That will depend how hard Mbiri males will be intrested in taking over Mbiri pride. They might just withdrew into their already taken lands as they did vs Nharhus, but if they decide Mbiri pride is worth risk of confronting Ross males then the Ross male will be in big trouble.
Probably as mentioned Ross males also will be contend with what they already have and won't take risk going into clash Mbiri and/or Tintswalos which goes along with opporturnity of taking over Mbiri pride, but in case they take the risk, the odd in confronfrontation with Mbiri males won't be on their side and vs Tintswalos probably as well.
2 users Like Potato's post