There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 09:41 PM by BA0701 )

(11-14-2020, 04:20 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Sumatra male on central Timbavati

You can get some size comparison thanks to the part of the truck that is visible, but he is absolutely enormous. Was this after he and Hercules were chased off that buffalo? If so, has there been any sign of Hercules? Rather surprised they aren't been glued at the hip, with each other, given the constant troubles they have been running into recently.
2 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-14-2020, 09:40 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:20 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Sumatra male on central Timbavati

You can get some size comparison thanks to the part of the truck that is visible, but he is absolutely enormous. Was this after he and Hercules were chased off that buffalo? If so, has there been any sign of Hercules? Rather surprised they aren't been glued at the hip, with each other, given the constant troubles they have been running into recently.

The Sumatra and Hercules apparently were together when they were being chasing off by the Nharhu coalition. Almero says that he wasn't able to capture any good sighting of Hercules but he was there.
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

When a big male lion winks at you.
Image by: Kelwan Rudi Kaiser

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

An awesome portrait of the badass Ross male "Tyson"
November 2020 Image by: Louw Photography

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Some exciting news for us all - we have lion cubs! The Western Pride has finally graced us with the presence of their recent litter of cubs and we cannot express enough how excited we are about this. What we know so far, is that two of the females have given birth. The female pictured here was the first to drop her cubs (three in total) and these are the little ones we have been viewing lately. The other female has given birth within the last two weeks which means it will still be a little while before we see how many she has had. The Skorro males seem to have established themselves as the pride males and we are hoping that they will provide a solid foundation for the Western Pride to flourish for the first time in a very long time. We'll keep you updated as time goes on. This might just be the silver lining to a rather crazy year

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(11-15-2020, 09:32 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Some exciting news for us all - we have lion cubs! The Western Pride has finally graced us with the presence of their recent litter of cubs and we cannot express enough how excited we are about this. What we know so far, is that two of the females have given birth. The female pictured here was the first to drop her cubs (three in total) and these are the little ones we have been viewing lately. The other female has given birth within the last two weeks which means it will still be a little while before we see how many she has had. The Skorro males seem to have established themselves as the pride males and we are hoping that they will provide a solid foundation for the Western Pride to flourish for the first time in a very long time. We'll keep you updated as time goes on. This might just be the silver lining to a rather crazy year

What happened with Old River Pride males? they where dominant over western pride..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-15-2020, 11:09 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:32 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Some exciting news for us all - we have lion cubs! The Western Pride has finally graced us with the presence of their recent litter of cubs and we cannot express enough how excited we are about this. What we know so far, is that two of the females have given birth. The female pictured here was the first to drop her cubs (three in total) and these are the little ones we have been viewing lately. The other female has given birth within the last two weeks which means it will still be a little while before we see how many she has had. The Skorro males seem to have established themselves as the pride males and we are hoping that they will provide a solid foundation for the Western Pride to flourish for the first time in a very long time. We'll keep you updated as time goes on. This might just be the silver lining to a rather crazy year

What happened with Old River Pride males? they where dominant over western pride..

They abandoned the Western pride a few months ago. They currently are dominant over a pride of 21 lions
5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

a Great start to a new week !!!
We started off by finding the Sumatra & Hercules male Lions outside the lodge 
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
2 users Like T I N O's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(11-16-2020, 07:07 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: a Great start to a new week !!!

I think best case scenario for Hercules and Sumatra is to target Monwana males and Giraffe pride (maybe Avocas if Xikukutsus dont help Mapoza) , they dont have numbers to challenge Nharhus and Mapoza/Xikukutsus... Monwanas are stil fairly inexperienced and not in prime years yet..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(11-16-2020, 08:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 07:07 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: a Great start to a new week !!!

I think best case scenario for Hercules and Sumatra is to target Monwana males and Giraffe pride (maybe Avocas if Xikukutsus dont help Mapoza) , they dont have numbers to challenge Nharhus and Mapoza/Xikukutsus... Monwanas are stil fairly inexperienced and not in prime years yet..

Perhaps althrough I would still put my bet on Monwanas. Perhaps we will soon find out.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Venezuela titose Offline

One of the two Xikukutsu males with a few wounds although it is not serious and he is fine, this was a sighting from 2 weeks ago!
Thornybush Game Reserve
By: D.A.B. Media 

9 users Like titose's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(11-16-2020, 11:37 PM)titose Wrote: One of the two Xikukutsu males with a few wounds although it is not serious and he is fine, this was a sighting from 2 weeks ago!
Thornybush Game Reserve
By: D.A.B. Media 

He look awesome with that full red mane. Xikukutsus are now for me in top of best looking males in Kruger, second only to Hercules male I think. Hopefully their manes will not dark too soon. They look better light maned :)
5 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Xikukutsus males are  good looking males. Especially the fuller maned (with a scratch in the nose) he is really big and regal. 
Skorokoro is also a very good looking lion...
I believe  that the colour of the mane sometimes depends on which lens the photographer used at the time of took this image. At some parts the mane look a red darked which perhaps on a future will darked

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A good sightings of the Hercules and Sumatra male 
Photo credits: Cathan Moore

6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A handsome male lion with its beautiful golden-coloured mane. Interestingly the male lion is the only cat that has mane. A lion also has a muscular, deep-chested body, short, rounded head, round ears, and a hairy tuft at the end of its tail.
November 2020,Photo credits: Senalala Safari Lodge

6 users Like T I N O's post