There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-22-2021, 05:49 PM)Mistry109 Wrote: Looks like it was indeed the alleged BDYM that got a bit of a beating by Kambulas.

Yea, it was not Nkuhuma yet BDM that got beating from Tinyo and Kambulas..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-22-2021, 04:22 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I think that Ximhungwe female is still not in estrus, so if it is her its prob mock mating..

Plains Camps will be beasts, so young but very developed for their age, which is strange as they where nomadic basically since 2 - 2.5 yrs of age...

Will be interesting to see if they might stick with Nkuhumas (females coming back to estrus) if Avocas continue their campaign down south..

This might be concerning for DM, if he loses Talamatis to Imbali, and with this 2 hanging around Nkuhumas, he might be out of options soon..

I couldn't agree more, I am really impressed by the PC males, especially given how long they have been on their own, clearly very resourceful. I also hope the BDYM can find someone to pair up with soon, otherwise he is going to have it really tough if things continue the way they have been going. He was very lucky in the interaction with the Kambulas.
2 users Like BA0701's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-22-2021, 05:17 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Another guy sent this yesterday 
“Just saw Nkuhma male not not for from where we left him yesterday. The male he was with turns out not to be the plains camp male but a male non of the rangers have seen before. There were tracks of them walking together last night and they are possible close to each other now maybe forming a coallition”

@"Brahimlegend" that is great to hear, if he can pair up with those boys I think he'll be in good shape. Given how long they have been on their own, and their current great condition, they are clearly very resourceful, and will hopefully be even stronger by his addition.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-22-2021, 05:49 PM)Mistry109 Wrote: Looks like it was indeed the alleged BDYM that got a bit of a beating by Kambulas.

Hey brother, It's really great have you back in WildFact! . It was already confirmed the identification of these males as the Black dam young males. I talk with Thornybush rangers, and they agreed with my pics  with the whisker pattern and scars.
4 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

@"Timbavati" 

Very great investigative work once again! It's very difficult to find side profile images of the 6 BDYMs, so a huge thank you to you for taking the time and effort for obtaining this info. Much respect. 

If all 6 young males are still alive, i hope they reunite, for their own sake. On the other hand, my boy Nkuhuma is in need of some companions and stability.

Always a pleasure brother
4 users Like Mabingilane's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-23-2021, 02:01 AM)Mistry109 Wrote: @"Timbavati" 

Very great investigative work once again! It's very difficult to find side profile images of the 6 BDYMs, so a huge thank you to you for taking the time and effort for obtaining this info. Much respect. 

If all 6 young males are still alive, i hope they reunite, for their own sake. On the other hand, my boy Nkuhuma is in need of some companions and stability.

Always a pleasure brother

I hope exactly the same. Would like see the six Black dam males roaming around Timbavati, or Manyeleti as Sabi Sands, but would like see all six together. Being said that, In case they don't join again all together, would be fantastic if the two BDYM joins to the Nkuhuma male. After all, Nomadic and young males tends to associate with other males fast trying to form a strong bond
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A breathtaking sighting of one of the two Plains Camp young males in Sabi Sands.
Photo credits: Africa Journey Nature Experience

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like T I N O's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Damn, he really got quiet a beating when he approached that kill with Kambulas and the Bboys.
7 users Like sik94's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

He was fortunate that it was not Nenha who was together with the lionesses of Kambula as perhaps he would not be alive now. He probably would have met the same "luck" as OM.
4 users Like Cunaguaro's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(08-23-2021, 07:59 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: He was fortunate that it was not Nenha who was together with the lionesses of Kambula as perhaps he would not be alive now. He probably would have met the same "luck" as OM.

Nhena was there as well as far as I know, but Tinyo was the one giving chase along with the pride.
4 users Like sik94's post

RookiePundit Offline

I haven't seen it posted yet - Savanna published video of Othawas with cubs having a buffalo kill in the river. Seems all 6 cubs are doing well!

8 users Like RookiePundit's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

PC Boy today in Poachers corner, Shirleys
Photo by Tendai Moyo 

10 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

PC boys at Elephant Plains, LegendSafaris instagram :

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-23-2021, 05:11 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: PC boys at Elephant Plains, LegendSafaris instagram :

They are looking in good shape. They were seen with one of the Nkuhuma females today
6 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

New boys in town!!

This morning we were on the trail of the Torchwood pride but they led us to a dead end as they crossed into the Kruger Park. Soon after the Nkuhuma pride tracks were also called in on the radio and we assisted with tracking them to. Yet again no luck as their tracks crossed into Mala Mala.
a Radio call came in that the Plains Camp brothers wee spotted in the far Western corner of our traversing area. It was worth the ride!! These two brothers a huge and in good condition. They were accompanied by a Nkuhuma female.

Cheers from Nkorho!!

10 users Like Potato's post