There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Stunning photo of smudge nose/dark mane Plains Camp boy:

Photo Credits : mattyardleyafrica

*This image is copyright of its original author
19 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Hes has the potential to be a very impressive lion
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(08-20-2021, 04:11 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 06:26 AM)1999gc8 Wrote: Seems odd that a coalition partner would go for the groin over food or whatever? I thought styx male might have been bleeding from a bite from a hyena when they took the kill from Mangheni's.

what happen torchwood male his half brother ?

That's what has been in my mind lately.  Ever since the Torchwood Young Male veered up north into the Timbavati area, there is suddenly no information on him at all.  It's been about a month now or thereabouts?  At least a few weeks.
2 users Like Cath2020's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

The mystery males is likely to come from the Imbali pride because a sub-adult from the pride has similar whiskers to him. This information comes from the lions of manyeleti thread
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-20-2021, 07:15 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: That's what has been in my mind lately.  Ever since the Torchwood Young Male veered up north into the Timbavati area, there is suddenly no information on him at all.  It's been about a month now or thereabouts?  At least a few weeks.

He is in Kruger, latest info was that BYM chased him into Kruger..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Kruger is a notorious information black hole. The Othawa subadults also disappeared there several weeks ago. So It may be a while till you hear from them again.
4 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Gavskrr Offline

Nkuhuma male was seen in the company of another young male *possibly the young Imbali / mluwati?*

Credit: Capturing Wildlife

10 users Like Gavskrr's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(08-21-2021, 05:45 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: Nkuhuma male was seen in the company of another young male *possibly the young Imbali / mluwati?*
He moves quick doesn't he? lol
5 users Like sik94's post

Gavskrr Offline

(08-21-2021, 07:15 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 05:45 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: Nkuhuma male was seen in the company of another young male *possibly the young Imbali / mluwati?*
He moves quick doesn't he? lol
I still have doubts if it really is the young Nkuhuma due to the quality of the image, another doubt is if this is related to post #7219 where the young imbali / mluwati was seen watching another male
2 users Like Gavskrr's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(08-21-2021, 07:35 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: I still have doubts if it really is the young Nkuhuma
first pic definitely looks like NK to me.
2 users Like sik94's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Which property are they on?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

RookiePundit Offline

At this point Nkuhuma acts like a curse to other males, I am not sure I want him to move on into another coalition already. Or Mhangenis are the curse, after all all of Big Boy an co., Othawa and Styx had something to do with them, although it seems they did not cause Styx's demise, it was just their kill orginally.
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 12:43 PM by 1999gc8 )

(08-21-2021, 12:16 PM)RookiePundit Wrote: At this point Nkuhuma acts like a curse to other males, I am not sure I want him to move on into another coalition already. Or Mhangenis are the curse, after all all of Big Boy an co., Othawa and Styx had something to do with them, although it seems they did not cause Styx's demise, it was just their kill orginally.

The othawa male was a single lion in the territory of two large and experienced Birmingham male lions with a large pride. The only thing that happened there was he made a poor choice to challenge them. It was unfortunate the Styx male died the way he did but Injuries can happen at any time in the life of a wild lion. Curses and superstitions had nothing to do with it.
3 users Like 1999gc8's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Tsalala youngster by Kaveer Joshi - August 2021 

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Tr1x24 new Male looks like this Bdm Young male too.

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post