There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-20-2021, 06:10 PM)Potato Wrote: He kind of has. Birminghams have numbers, but so far they did not used it as they should and there is still no response from them to both Othawa male and Northern Avocas aquering reaches of Birminghams territory. This situation remainds me of competition between KNP male Freddy and Solo/Cleo duo or Mabande vs 2 last Trilogy males where single males proved to be able to some extend compete with coalition, but of course Othawa male must be carefull to no get into open confrontation 2vs1 as he would stand no chances in such.

By reports, OM is running always from 1 Bboy, let alone 2, so no need to use full force on him.. 

Knp vs Solo/Cleo is dominant male vs inexperience/young males, not the same example..

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Update on the plains camp boys from Tristan, he saw them this morning but didn't have signal to stream, they have gone through simbambilli and passed all the way through onto Torchwood.
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-20-2021, 07:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: By reports, OM is running always from 1 Bboy, let alone 2, so no need to use full force on him.. 
NO idea what raports you are talking about. At most recent updates he was roaring next day on the same spot Nhenha was chassing Nkuchuma/Styx males. Othawa male is moving deeper and deeper in what used to be Birminghams territory, not hiding his presence at all and the Birminghams are not doing anythink to cut his forays. I believe if Othawa male would be scared of even single Birmingham he would not do what he is currently doing and if single Birmingham would be convinced that he is able to chasse/beat Othawa male on his own they probably he would have done that already.

(04-20-2021, 07:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Knp vs Solo/Cleo is dominant male vs inexperience/young males, not the same example..
Solo was roughly same age as KNP male and Cleo was around 5 (not sure) years old os definitelly not some sub adult. It doesn't matter tho beceuse my point is that they proved to be unable to take advantage of their supperior number and now we might see same think as Birminghams seems to refuse (at least they did so far) to get together and together defend their territory.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-21-2021, 12:26 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-20-2021, 08:13 PM)Potato Wrote: NO idea what raports you are talking about. At most recent updates he was roaring next day on the same spot Nhenha was chassing Nkuchuma/Styx males. Othawa male is moving deeper and deeper in what used to be Birminghams territory, not hiding his presence at all and the Birminghams are not doing anythink to cut his forays. I believe if Othawa male would be scared of even single Birmingham he would not do what he is currently doing and if single Birmingham would be convinced that he is able to chasse/beat Othawa male on his own they probably he would have done that already.

There are reports. 

They did chase him lol.. Few reports of OM running from Bboys in the past.. 

He is roaring to attract females, but when the Bboys show up he retreats back west (rangers words not my)..

(04-20-2021, 08:13 PM)Potato Wrote: Solo was roughly same age as KNP male and Cleo was around 5 (not sure) years old os definitelly not some sub adult. It doesn't matter tho beceuse my point is that they proved to be unable to take advantage of their supperior number and now we might see same think as Birminghams seems to refuse (at least they did so far) to get together and together defend their territory.

Again read what i said.. Solo and Cleo where neither dominant or experienced as dominant males, age here doesnt matter as Freddy was what 3/4 years dominant male already, while they where 0..also Freddy was definetly older then Solo.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I think he is more stupid than brave. 

In the end of the day he is still crawling around in enemy territory, without much of a gameplan on how to actually take over. While he is already struggling protecting the pride he already controls.

The BBoys may let him roam for a bit. But that could just as easily mean they dont concider him much of a threat for the moment. Just bark. 
Afterall, the pride, the prize of any takeover is still in their controll.

We probably will see this behavoir continue for a long time. Untill one of them screws up or an external force steps in.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-20-2021, 01:22 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Do you know who by?

Dont remember, it was posted here, if im not mistaken he was seen with a lioness.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(04-20-2021, 10:34 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 01:22 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Do you know who by?

Dont remember, it was posted here, if im not mistaken he was seen with a lioness.

Was it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUedYYp1Q3w

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-21-2021, 12:11 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Was it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUedYYp1Q3w

No, it was him on picture in a grass, people commented that he was skinny, prob due to mating.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

(04-20-2021, 06:11 PM)Potato Wrote: The Mhangene pride have been spending a lot of time close to Savanna following the large herd of buffalo. The young female cub is doing very well and we look forward to getting a view of the rest of the young cubs in the next few weeks.

*This image is copyright of its original author
I think you meant a male cub, not a female cub..

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

A lovely memory of Styx males when they were roaming at the Sabi Sands years ago.

Sabi Sands , South Africa.
Photographer Credit
To follow & for print: @trevormccallpeat

7 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Contributor

Two Male Lions on Nkorho Cam last night, about 15 minutes apart.  

First Lion is unknown since there were no zoomies around to move the camera but probably the other kruger male, second male looks like the notch eared kruger male, with the newly acquired limp. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-22-2021, 02:38 AM)lionuk Wrote: I think you meant a male cub, not a female cub..
I just copy paste update from Savanna Lodge. I assume when they said "female cub" they meant it.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 04:46 PM by Tonpa )

We didn't see it, but this morning the talamatis were fighting with the plains camp boys. The pride was scattered and the talamati purple eye was apparently having an interaction with them alone.  No mention of Dark Mane. 

Mentioned by the WE Guide at 1 hour 11 minutes 20 seconds of Sunrise stream

Btw, how old are the Talamati sub-adult males now? Two and a half?
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-23-2021, 04:45 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Btw, how old are the Talamati sub-adult males now? Two and a half?

Yes.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

(04-23-2021, 04:45 PM)Tonpa Wrote: We didn't see it, but this morning the talamatis were fighting with the plains camp boys. The pride was scattered and the talamati purple eye was apparently having an interaction with them alone.  No mention of Dark Mane. 

Mentioned by the WE Guide at 1 hour 11 minutes 20 seconds of Sunrise stream

Btw, how old are the Talamati sub-adult males now? Two and a half?

That's concerning, to be honest. Let's hope no-one got injured and that Dark Mane will never meet these impressive young males alone for his safety.
1 user Likes lionuk's post