There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Gijima Offline

(04-17-2021, 07:29 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 03:30 AM)Potato Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 02:25 AM)BA0701 Wrote:  Now is the worst possible time for one of the B-Boys to develop health issues.
As harash as it may sounds it would probably be better for Kambula pride. The worst time for Birminghams to show health issues would be when there would be plenty of cubs around in Kambula pride. Birminghams are not getting any younger and are unlikely to be able to carry another generation of cubs in the pride to adulthood. Now it seem to be perfect time for the pride to get new dominant males.

Totally get your post @Potato , I suppose I am just a little sentimental, and in this instance perhaps nostalgic as well. Your comment makes total sense, and with nature being nature it may very well come to fruition. Cheers my friend!

To both of your point, right now a Kambula lioness is denning in Londolozi. This is exactly where Ottawa Male is walking all over, roaring and claiming as his own. I'll just leave it at this--- since being outnumbered, or being surprised, doesn't apply to this situation... I look forward to the Birminghams response.
1 user Likes Gijima's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

I copied what the ranger says, Of course, He hasn't the same opinion as us
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Plains Camp Male by Africa Journey Nature Experience 

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-18-2021, 06:55 PM by Tonpa )

Location - 300 meters south of the location where Mohawk chased Nhenha

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-18-2021, 07:16 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-18-2021, 06:48 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Location - 300 meters south of the location where Mohawk chased Nhenha

Fact is that BBoys and Kambulas have much space to fall back down south, bulk of the pride was seen recently in very south of MalaMala (without Bboys i think) and Tinyo and Nhenha with some lionesses around Rattray's Camp and Airstrip..

They can afford to forfeit their territory around Main Camp without a fight. 

But moving south bring risk of attraction 4 N'ws in the mix.. 

Bboys will definitely need to respond to pushing N. Avocas in future weeks/months, but for now it looks like they are still not that concern and are busy mating, which might be problematic if they got caught alone.. 

It looks like N. Avocas are determine with their campaign, they look good and confident, also it looks like they are not much interested in Nkuhuma pride anymore , as subadults are growing and they look to be done mating with 3 younger females (if im not mistaken its speculation that they are denning?)..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

RookiePundit Offline

Dark Mane on Djuma dam cam last night. He then moved north to Sidney Dam. Meanwhile, Torchwood male had an incident with Talamatis (that Dark Mane ignored) close to Cheetah cutline, pushing Talamatis towards Djuma. (per WE, Tristen, start of the sunrise drive today). Disclaimer - they might be still referring to S8/Imbali Male as Torchwood Male.

5 users Like RookiePundit's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-18-2021, 07:23 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-18-2021, 07:15 PM)RookiePundit Wrote: Dark Mane on Djuma dam cam last night. He then moved north to Sidney Dam. Meanwhile, Torchwood male had an incident with Talamatis (that Dark Mane ignored) close to Cheetah cutline, pushing Talamatis towards Djuma. (per WE, Tristen, start of the sunrise drive today). Disclaimer - they might be still referring to S8/Imbali Male as Torchwood Male.

They are calling Imbali male - Torchwood male (because of area) but they are not mistaking him with 2 males with Torchwoods, they are calling them Kruger males (atleast i think Tristan was), so they know that Kruger males and Imbali (Torchwood) male are not same males..

I think DM might be in trouble alone against this Imbali male, if he decide to push further south, he is a beast while injured DM has little chances against him without his brothers..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(04-18-2021, 07:15 PM)RookiePundit Wrote: Dark Mane on Djuma dam cam last night. He then moved north to Sidney Dam. Meanwhile, Torchwood male had an incident with Talamatis (that Dark Mane ignored) close to Cheetah cutline, pushing Talamatis towards Djuma. (per WE, Tristen, start of the sunrise drive today). Disclaimer - they might be still referring to S8/Imbali Male as Torchwood Male.

Yeah its pretty confusing, just today about 20 minutes ago he referred to Torchwood Male and the S8 as two separate males and mentioned Dark Mane headed towards the manyeleti boundary this morning. 

28 minutes 50 seconds into the sunset stream today if anybody wants to check it out
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-18-2021, 07:21 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Yeah its pretty confusing, just today about 20 minutes ago he referred to Torchwood Male and the S8 as two separate males and mentioned Dark Mane headed towards the manyeleti boundary this morning. 

28 minutes 50 seconds into the sunset stream today if anybody wants to check it out

Hmm, maybe he mistaken something, on which CAM was 1 Kruger male seen limping, you posted, cant see because of FB link..

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(04-18-2021, 07:32 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 07:21 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Yeah its pretty confusing, just today about 20 minutes ago he referred to Torchwood Male and the S8 as two separate males and mentioned Dark Mane headed towards the manyeleti boundary this morning. 

Hmm, maybe he mistaken something, on which CAM was 1 Kruger male seen limping, you posted, cant see because of FB link..

Oops, heres a small clip, quality isn't so good though 

https://i.imgur.com/2Qfypny.mp4
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-18-2021, 07:45 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Oops, heres a small clip, quality isn't so good though 

Which CAM? Nkorho?

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(04-18-2021, 07:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 07:45 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Oops, heres a small clip, quality isn't so good though 

Which CAM? Nkorho?

Yep
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Gijima Offline

I think this narrative that Dark Mane is in trouble has been going on for two years. Yet despite all the pressures he faced as a lone male, I have never seen him run to his brothers.

The incident referred to in that clip is the Talamatis, who keep going way outside their home range, running into a KRUGER male. And of course they would.. that's not their territory. 

Also Dark Mane didn't ignore the situation. Just two days ago he came charging in roaring when the Nkuhumas had an interaction with the PC males. When this "incident" happened Dark Mane was in Arathusa, passed through Djuma for 10 minutes and then went north. How would he know about a random incident that happened on Torchwood? This guide seems to think Dark Mane is telepathic. 

Dark Mane did his job with the Talamatis and raised 9 cubs to adulthood... possibly a 100% success rate. He's moved on. He spends most of his time in the west scoping out new lands and females. At this point the pride needs to take care of themselves. In one year maybe new males will move in completely but this is like the most basic of lion dynamics... it happens every two years in this area. 

This is becoming the most most drummed up non-event.. "Imbali male" vs "Dark mane".... I'm convinced Dark Mane doesn't even know about the existence of the Imbali Male who is about 5-10 km away from him at any give time. I'm way more interested in the south and not where Dark Mane is taking his next nap.
3 users Like Gijima's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-18-2021, 07:11 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Fact is that BBoys and Kambulas have much space to fall back down south, bulk of the pride was seen recently in very south of MalaMala (without Bboys i think) and Tinyo and Nhenha with some lionesses around Rattray's Camp and Airstrip..
The think is that Kambula pride has no reason what so ever to withdrew. Why would they abandon their territory? They do not have any cubs to protect. Adult females can freely mate with borth coalitions and in the future stay with the victorious one (which btw bassicly they did when Matimbas clashed with Matshapiris) and the subs of the pride can already go nomadic.

(04-18-2021, 07:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I think DM might be in trouble alone against this Imbali male, if he decide to push further south, he is a beast while injured DM has little chances against him without his brothers..

On base of what you believe Imbali male is anyhink above avarage size? Why would you think that DM who himself by the guides words is big indyvidual himself would stand no chance against him? Even with his injury I believe DM will be able to out intimidate most single males.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-18-2021, 08:13 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-18-2021, 07:56 PM)Gijima Wrote: I think this narrative that Dark Mane is in trouble has been going on for two years. Yet despite all the pressures he faced as a lone male, I have never seen him run to his brothers.

The incident referred to in that clip is the Talamatis, who keep going way outside their home range, running into a KRUGER male. And of course they would.. that's not their territory. 

Also Dark Mane didn't ignore the situation. Just two days ago he came charging in roaring when the Nkuhumas had an interaction with the PC males. When this "incident" happened Dark Mane was in Arathusa, passed through Djuma for 10 minutes and then went north. How would he know about a random incident that happened on Torchwood? This guide seems to think Dark Mane is telepathic. 

Dark Mane did his job with the Talamatis and raised 9 cubs to adulthood... possibly a 100% success rate. He's moved on. He spends most of his time in the west scoping out new lands and females. At this point the pride needs to take care of themselves. In one year maybe new males will move in completely but this is like the most basic of lion dynamics... it happens every two years in this area. 

This is becoming the most most drummed up non-event.. "Imbali male" vs "Dark mane".... I'm convinced Dark Mane doesn't even know about the existence of the Imbali Male who is about 5-10 km away from him at any give time. I'm way more interested in the south and not where Dark Mane is taking his next nap.

I dont think there was any narrative against DM before, as there was no other males close to his territory..

I agree that DM did his job with Talamatis, he doesnt need to protect them anymore, but for his sake he needs a pride, with that injury he is prob limited in hunting, and if his brothers move of south, he might get left behind without a pride and its unknown if Nkuhumas will accept him with all these youngsters around, so sticking close to Talamatis for food is not a bad option for now, until he finds new pride.. 

But its not likely that Imbali male will push further south, he is prob just taking advantage of vacant area and gathering some females to mate, he has massive pride already in Imbali pride with a lots of cubs, so he prob wont ditch them yet.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post