There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(01-22-2021, 05:41 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Saw this on facebook captioned "5th Mantimahle and son at MalaMala Game Reserve."

credit to @gameranger_reggi on instagram

These guys are making moves on kruger males territory?

What a beast the 5th Mantimahle is!
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

*This image is copyright of its original author

Talamatis stalking herbivores

WildEarth Stream
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

(01-22-2021, 09:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Glad to see the little girl and her mother are doing well. Wonder if she and the Tsalala would ever pair up, or if there is a case of two adult lionesses joining together to form a new pride.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(01-22-2021, 09:33 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

Talamatis stalking herbivores

WildEarth Stream
What a stunning screenshot!
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-22-2021, 10:19 PM)Matimbalani Wrote: Glad to see the little girl and her mother are doing well. Wonder if she and the Tsalala would ever pair up, or if there is a case of two adult lionesses joining together to form a new pride

Highly unlikely.. Never heard of such case.. Unrelated females, unlike males, rarley joing together..

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Famous Smudge Nose Torchwood lioness with Mohawk Avoca :

This particular lioness was often seen with Torchwood breakeaway, it might be that N. Avocas are starting to take control of Torchwood breakeaway..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Interesting times, Dark Mane with the Nkuhuma lionesses and Mohawk with the torchwood lioness :)

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(01-22-2021, 10:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Famous Smudge Nose Torchwood lioness with Mohawk Avoca :

This particular lioness was often seen with Torchwood breakeaway, it might be that N. Avocas are starting to take control of Torchwood breakeaway..

She's daughter of HB. I'm glad for the Northern Avoca males

S.N.M.T.N Offline

(01-22-2021, 11:13 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Interesting times, Dark Mane with the Nkuhuma lionesses and Mohawk with the torchwood lioness :)

Most definitely.

Gijima Offline

Nkuhuma Pride. Haven’t heard about them in a while but looks like they’re doing well. Credit: Ted Swindon

3 users Like Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-23-2021, 04:51 AM)Gijima Wrote: Nkuhuma Pride. Haven’t heard about them in a while but looks like they’re doing well. Credit: Ted Swindon

Yea we didn't heard update on cub/subadults numbers in a while, but theres 8 of them on that one picture, so it seems they are alright, 9th might be there also.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 03:57 PM by Tonpa )

"The Styx young male (or the Nkuhuma young male; I always forget which is which), marches towards our vehicle. This pair has been encountered regularly in central Londolozi, and so far have successfully dodged other coalitions that may wish to do them harm"

"My focus was out, but I rather enjoyed this frozen expression on the Styx young male as he gave his head a good shake."

Credit to James Tyrell @ Londolozi Blog
5 users Like Tonpa's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(01-23-2021, 03:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
"The Styx young male (or the Nkuhuma young male; I always forget which is which), marches towards our vehicle. This pair has been encountered regularly in central Londolozi, and so far have successfully dodged other coalitions that may wish to do them harm"

"My focus was out, but I rather enjoyed this frozen expression on the Styx young male as he gave his head a good shake."

Credit to James Tyrell @ Londolozi Blog

That's the Nkuhuma
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

7:54am

2 lion stationary
"lying close to the road"
S1, 2.1km E of S4
Near Skukuza
2/5
Tinged by Dvz