There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 01:52 AM by Tr1x24 )

(02-04-2022, 01:12 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I think they should get their own threads as well. The Birmingham pride has one. And that ones is great. I would love to see one about the Tsalala, Ximhungwe or Othawa pride.

It would keep the information neatly organized and it always struck me as weird that the coalitions got their own threads but the prides didn't. Their lives are just as exciting and important as the male ones.
Compared to the large amount of male coalition threads now and expected in the future, there probably wont be that many extra threads as new mayor prides form a lot rarer. While they also can easily last for decades ensuring there is plenty to talk about for a long while. 

It would also save the lions of X threads for nomadic lions or general discussion's about the reserve itself. Helping keeping things get organized while avoiding confusion regarding prides that live on the border.

For that, whole this "lion" subforum would need reconstruction.

Because if we just now randomly throw 20 threads of individual prides and 20 threads of coalitions from all places, that would be a big mess and most would be forgotten on page 5 or something. 

To do that, we need some order and structure, something like this :

-Prides of Sabi Sands (on front page) - then individual threads for each pride under that : Othawas (thread), Kambulas (thread) etc. 

-Prides of Timbavati - Giraffe pride (thread), Avoca pride (thread) etc. 

-Prides of Manyeleti - Mbiris, Nharus etc.. 

I think you got the point, same for coalitions:

- Coalitions of Sabi Sands - N'ws, Bboys, Avocas, Majingilanes, Mapogos etc. 

- Coalitions of Timbavati - Mbiri males, Ross males etc. 

Then for nomadic males, and sons of famous coalitions etc. 

If we are gona do that many threads we need some structure, otherwise its gona be a mess. 

But idk what admins think @Timbavati @BA0701 @Lycaon if thats even possible to do.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

I would for now stick to posting about different prides here in this thread and the timbavati one. I will need to discuss this with @Timbavati  and @BA0701
5 users Like Lycaon's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 02:49 AM by Duco Ndona )

I think having a clear system would help anyway. 

The simplest solution will probably be to split things in the mayor regions and to move extinct groups to its own section. Perhaps cleaning out the important threads will help too as its rather unclear which is where.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 03:21 AM by Tonpa )

Which pride is this? Sortof looks like the Talamatis but not sure, location is western sector

the two lionesses at the front on the left who bump into each other look like the short tail talamati and silver eye, what do you guys think? 
Only one male. 
Do the Kambulas have any short tail lionesses? 

(apologies for neck injuries, video was uploaded in this orientation)
https://i.imgur.com/Cc4nd8i.mp4
Video by Ranger Stu

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

I would keep it like it is now. Creating separate threads for multiple different prides and coalitions of which we little updates would only create a mess. Also many updates (like from Singita or Tanda Tula) are about multiple different prides and coalitions at once and that would poorly cooperate with with this new system for the topic on this forum.
2 users Like Potato's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 03:46 AM by lionuk )

@Tonpa is it possible to integrate two or more clips into one clip using imgru? 
I tried that, but to no avail, despite having a university degree in IT and accounting software
1 user Likes lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(02-04-2022, 03:45 AM)lionuk Wrote: @Tonpa is it possible to integrate two or more clips into one clip using imgru? 
I tried that, but to no avail, despite having a university degree in IT and accounting software

I don't believe so, I usually just stick them together using movie maker, but it comes at the cost of some quality
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Then it also wouldnt make sense to keep coalition threads around though. Less even as they arent the ones having cubs and such and disapear after a few years.

Ideally we create somekind of database for every single group. Though I agree thats a bit to much. The most updated groups will probably be fine.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-04-2022, 03:09 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Which pride is this? Sortof looks like the Talamatis but not sure, location is western sector

the two lionesses at the front on the left who bump into each other look like the short tail talamati and silver eye, what do you guys think? 
Only one male. 
Do the Kambulas have any short tail lionesses? 

(apologies for neck injuries, video was uploaded in this orientation)
https://i.imgur.com/Cc4nd8i.mp4
Video by Ranger Stu

Seems like plausible candidates. If so, could that be the mysterious/missing 3rd Talamati YM?
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

I think that's just one of the two regularly sighted males since this is the core pride, although not sure what happened to the other one..
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 05:45 AM by Mdz123 )

2 Nkuhuma lionesses. Mohawk is in second pic, at the same sighting
Credits: Gabi Hossein

5 users Like Mdz123's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The newest Torchwood cubs 
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Nhenha from Londolozis photos of the week
Photos by Tristan Cooke and Dan Hirschowitz 

9 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 09:32 AM by Tonpa )

Short video of the Othawa breakaway Lioness panting in the grass

7 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(02-04-2022, 09:31 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Short video of the Othawa breakaway Lioness panting in the grass

Good to see her. Our princess gingerella.
Any information about the southern lone lionesses. She was alone with her two very young girls( nwaswitshaka daughters). I wonder how a strong selati/ southern pride reduce to just 1 lionesses. Just now watch a video of toulon male VS southern/ selati pride ( it was 2011 video when southern pride was a very strong pride with 15+ members). 

I think 2015-19 we're very bad years for southern sabi sands. I guess no litter from selati, Charleston, sparta, sand river reach to maturity during this time. 
Mantimahle, Charleston boys  , matshapiri, bboys, we're busy in killing each other children and sometimes lionesses too
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post