There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States SMK350 Offline

@DARK MANE Sorry my question was unclear. Are these new cubs in addition to the six the already have? 

Thank you
1 user Likes SMK350's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Torchwood cubs by Mandy Oldham

*This image is copyright of its original author

4 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 01:26 AM by Tonpa )

Othawa female and Tumbelas crossing the Sand River. Limper really hates water lol 
Video by Stuart Buy

5 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Any updates on the lost son of dark mane. I think he was second in size. The largest son, is almost similar size of dark mane, in the latest video he did not leave his ground even when DM growls at him. The third son , smallest one, is also with the core pride. 
The second son is missing for almost 3-4 months. 
Is he lost somewhere or killed/ eaten by S8 imbali malemale? Any updates. 

Also, are all the 6 talamati subadult girls with the core group? In the latest video, when the whole pride was eating, I can count oonly 4 out of 6.
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

He simply disappeared. Not sure about the females, we seem to have lost two in early 2021 via unknown means.
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-30-2022, 12:26 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Any updates on the lost son of dark mane. I think he was second in size. The largest son, is almost similar size of dark mane, in the latest video he did not leave his ground even when DM growls at him. The third son , smallest one, is also with the core pride. 

Also, are all the 6 talamati subadult girls with the core group? In the latest video, when the whole pride was eating, I can count oonly 4 out of 6.

The youngest, 3rd male is missing, Dark Manes one, and Blonde one (biggest of the 3)are here.

Not sure about all 6 subadult females.

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 09:57 PM by criollo2mil )

(01-30-2022, 01:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:26 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Any updates on the lost son of dark mane. I think he was second in size. The largest son, is almost similar size of dark mane, in the latest video he did not leave his ground even when DM growls at him. The third son , smallest one, is also with the core pride. 

The youngest, 3rd male is missing, Dark Manes one, and Blonde one (biggest of the 3)are here.

Not sure about all 6 subadult females.

I thought @Tonpa had said all members (except for YM3) had been accounted for in a recent sighting when we were trying to determine if #3 was possibly in a breakaway group?

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The two females disappeared long before #3, Roy Mkansi said they died around March

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(01-30-2022, 10:14 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The two females disappeared long before #3, Roy Mkansi said they died around March

Ahhh.  I was not aware of that.   So there are 4 remaining daughters?   Accounted for?

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-30-2022, 10:14 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The two females disappeared long before #3, Roy Mkansi said they died around March
(01-31-2022, 12:27 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Ahhh.  I was not aware of that.   So there are 4 remaining daughters?   Accounted for?
So the current composition of Talamati pride should be 5 adult females (2 old sired by Nkuchuma males and 3 from Salatis), 3 sub adult females and 2 sub males, correct?

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(01-31-2022, 01:29 AM)Potato Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 12:27 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Ahhh.  I was not aware of that.   So there are 4 remaining daughters?   Accounted for?
So the current composition of Talamati pride should be 5 adult females (2 old sired by Nkuchuma males and 3 from Salatis), 3 sub adult females and 2 sub males, correct?

I think 4 sub adult females.

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(01-31-2022, 01:50 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: I think 4 sub adult females.
The two old lionesses ( sired by nkuhuma male, born in 2006) , 4 subadult females, 2 subadult males are with DM avoca and are known as core talamatis. 
The 3 young girls ( born in late 2015-early 2016, sired by selatis males) are with S8 imbali males. 
It been said that they are pregnant from him and are expecting cubs / already given birth to the cubs. They are known as breakaway talamatis. 

PS: Actually selatis also sired 2 males cubs  who raised to subadulthood successfully. But when the last selati males died/ killed by 3 N. Avocas, both of thrm ran to kruger. Anyone knows what happened to them???
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-31-2022, 02:03 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: PS: Actually selatis also sired 2 males cubs  who raised to subadulthood successfully. But when the last selati males died/ killed by 3 N. Avocas, both of thrm ran to kruger. Anyone knows what happened to them???

Disappeared in Kruger in mid 2020 with Southern male (son of Fourways males).

United States SMK350 Offline

Tonpa, sorry I don’t think this information is correct. Someone who knows the Talamatis very well has told me 5/6 young females are with the pride. Not sure about the sixth. You can find all their sighting online too. There are way more than four females plus two older lionesses.
2 users Like SMK350's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(01-31-2022, 03:23 AM)SMK350 Wrote:

Tonpa, sorry I don’t think this information is correct. Someone who knows the Talamatis very well has told me 5/6 young females are with the pride. Not sure about the sixth. You can find all their sighting online too. There are way more than four females plus two older lionesses.

Could be yeah, does this person have any recent up to date sightings of each female they can share?