There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Blondemane Offline

I have no info how this situation ended Tr1x24... it would be cool if HB accepted him, but it would be better to Nk male if he roam to EAST and who knows he eventually find some company like Young torchwood and young styx male. Lets wait and see what will happen. 

this video its between Mohawk and Nk young male in August 2019 after that fight in elephant plains, Mohawk once again tried to chase NK.

6 users Like Blondemane's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Wow, I didn't see that coming! Hope hb takes him under his wing.it would be great for hb to have a buddy, to help take care of the pride
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Nkuhuma young male is hell of a fighter, even full adult males are hesitant to fight him. He will be a beast wen fully grown. Hope that HB accept him.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Blondemane Offline

Mala Mala update , 1 Jan 2020:

All 16 members of the Nkuhuma pride were viewed on both days. The 3 young lionesses had rejoined the pride overnight after the northern Avoca males had moved off. They were initially found nearMlowathi Pans and then moved further south and east to Buffalo Bush Dam. The 2 aforementioned males were viewed roaring at Mlowathi Dam. 15 members of the Kambula pride and both Gowrie males were seen hunting waterbuck outside Rattray’s Camp.
2 users Like Blondemane's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(01-01-2020, 06:53 PM)Blondemane Wrote: Mala Mala update , 1 Jan 2020:

All 16 members of the Nkuhuma pride were viewed on both days. The 3 young lionesses had rejoined the pride overnight after the northern Avoca males had moved off. They were initially found nearMlowathi Pans and then moved further south and east to Buffalo Bush Dam. The 2 aforementioned males were viewed roaring at Mlowathi Dam. 15 members of the Kambula pride and both Gowrie males were seen hunting waterbuck outside Rattray’s Camp.

N. Avocas roaring in Bboys territory, interesting.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Blondemane Offline

Another thing interesting is the proximity of South and North Avocas, they have never been so close to each other and BBoys in the middle. 

But prob N.Avocas will return to the North pretty soon, my guess... if Nkuhumas stay in Mala Mala maybe they will stay obviously and things could get even more interesting.
3 users Like Blondemane's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Othawa pride and Matimba male

5 users Like Potato's post

Blondemane Offline

What a Legend Hairy Belly is, so cool to see him in great condition!

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Othawa male and Mhangeni pride still hanging out in Kirkmans Kamp:

*This image is copyright of its original author

One of the S. Avocas was also spotted in the area, he was sniffing thru the wind, did he smell out the intruders? :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Nguvu is looking very well
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(01-03-2020, 10:29 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Nguvu is looking very well

He is indeed, but i dont like this moves from him and Mhangeni pride, roaming thru almost entire Sabi Sands, im scared that he eventualy will get caught or exposed by some coalition sooner or later. He as a lone male needs to keep low profile as much as possible.

Blondemane Offline

Othawa Male and Mhangeni 
4 users Like Blondemane's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 03:03 AM by Tr1x24 )

Correction on my previous post, this is not one of the S. Avocas in Kirkmans Kamp:

Its one of the 4 N'ws males, i was suspicius at first too because S. Avocas have much bigger manes.

Othawa male needs to move from there immidiately, very dangerous place to be.. Thats the first time N'ws are seen in S. Avocas core territory. How wil Avocas respond with Othawa male and N'ws hanging in their territory?? War is coming into southern Sabi Sands very soon i think.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Blondemane Offline

I cant recognize S.Avocas like i can recognize the North ones, its a distant photo, but if that is one of Nw's things can get hot overthere. 
S.Avocas may be in other side of Kirkman or even in South Mala Mala. Nguvu is a massive very impressive lion but i agree with you, he could be in the wrong place at wrong time.

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(01-04-2020, 03:13 AM)Blondemane Wrote: I cant recognize S.Avocas like i can recognize the North ones, its a distant photo, but if that is one of Nw's things can get hot overthere. 
S.Avocas may be in other side of Kirkman or even in South Mala Mala. Nguvu is a massive very impressive lion but i agree with you, he could be in the wrong place at wrong time

Its confirmed 1 of the N'ws, not S. Avocas. I think Avocas are in Kruger atm.