There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Venezuela titose Offline

(04-29-2021, 10:00 PM)lionuk Wrote: The four Mantimale males

Uploaded on 11 April 2021. Dunno when it was filmed, though

This video is old from 2019!
2 users Like titose's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-29-2021, 08:18 PM)Potato Wrote: Mjejane are monsters. I think they will hardly find any match at confrontations with equal numbers and the old EBM and S Shishangeni males should not be able to stop them.

EBM is 9 this year, still very much prime male, S Shishangeni prob a bit older, but also in top condition.. 

Im not saying that EBM/Shishangeni can beat these 2, im saying they are not 4 yrs old smaller and inexperienced young males, they are some of most impressive males in Kruger and real survivors. 

But as @titose said, its more of how they work as a duo, since they are not that long together, while Mjejanes are know for their teamwork, also they have Toya as backup, if Toya joins its game over, that guy is scary, big and very bloodthirsty. 

I think we see now how Mjejanes work in their coalition, Pretty Boy and T are frontline of coalition, always working together, while Toya can be seen alone.

Pretty Boy and T where seen before further west near H3, S114 and Afsaal on Kruger Sightings, while Toya was mostly behind prob around their prides at Lukimbi , Toya alone discovered 2 Vurhamis east at Mjejane, and smartly didnt go alone, yet call his brothers, who then returned and first went in search of Vurhamis and engaged, then they called Toya who was further behind.. Quite interesting dynamics to see in their coalition.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 12:51 AM by lionuk )

(04-29-2021, 10:15 PM)titose Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 10:00 PM)lionuk Wrote: The four Mantimale males

Uploaded on 11 April 2021. Dunno when it was filmed, though

This video is old from 2019!

Well, I didn't say that was new, just didn't have the information as when it was filmed. I mean, I could tell those males looked a bit younger on this video. Anyway, thanks for the information. Since it was filmed in 2019, let's consider this as a throwback to a magnificent coalition.
4 users Like lionuk's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The Masorini male duo seen at the H14 Nandzana turn off  Strong 
#Phalaborwa #H14 #Nandzana
By Sharifa Jinnah

*This image is copyright of its original author

12 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Toya the giant brute of the Mjejane male coalition - an absolute specimen in his prime!
#KrugerNationalPark #MjejaneMales 
By Luca Tomlinson

Handsome Portrait of Toya

By Bill Skinner

10 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 02:35 AM by titose )

S100/Sweni male ruler over N'wanetsi pride on a patrolling territorial at Satara, KNP.
#KrugerNationalpark #Satara 
By Mashudu Mabege

11 users Like titose's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-30-2021, 02:34 AM)titose Wrote: S100/Sweni male ruler over N'wanetsi pride on a patrolling territorial at Satara, KNP.
#KrugerNationalpark #Satara 
By Mashudu Mabege

Good to see these boys back in town
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Germany CatLover Offline
Muhammed-Yusuf
( This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 05:40 AM by CatLover Edit Reason: video posted more than once )

Impressive subdadult lion from Kruger NP. I never/rarely saw such a subadult before. Only the subadult from Okavango I saw can barely match with that lion. (I posted the video 3times because I linked there scenes)

Look at 1:25 and 1:55 and 3:25

3 users Like CatLover's post

Venezuela titose Offline

1/2 of the "Leeubron" Males seen mating on S126 Satara area, Kruger National Park
? 29 April 2021
By Michelle Storm

12 users Like titose's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-30-2021, 07:57 AM)CatLover Wrote: Impressive subdadult lion from Kruger NP. I never/rarely saw such a subadult before. Only the subadult from Okavango I saw can barely match with that lion. (I posted the video 3times because I linked there scenes)

Please do not post the same video multiple times, regardless of how much you like them.

Venezuela titose Offline

By Stef Botha Photography

"2This weeks action.
As most of you know the Mjejane males returned to Mjejane and killed Mbilu, one of the Vurhami's. We aren't sure where Mo is at this stage. 2 of the Mjejane's were seen on the Jock concession after they left Mjejane and another male was seen on the S119. 
All the commotion left Mjejane empty. Apparently 2 lions were spotted in front of lodge 47 on Kruger side and a lioness was seen on the western side of the reserve, but I'm not 100% sure about these sightings. 
At least we still have birds and sunset" 

(Pretty boy and T) When the Mjejane's walked right passed the Vurhami's 

Then Mo stood up and this boy saw him (Pretty Boy) 

The chase was on (Pretty Boy)

(T and Pretty Boy) At this point the 2 Mjejane's lost the Vurhami's and we assume Mbilu ran into the 3rd Mjejane male 

The 3rd Mjejane after attacking Mbilu (Toya)

Resting before they started looking for Mo (Pretty boy and Toya)

Couldn't find him (Pretty boy and Toya)

(Toya) The next morning 2 of the Mjejane's were still in search of Mo

Sniffing around (Pretty boy and Toya)

13 users Like titose's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-30-2021, 02:26 PM)titose Wrote: By Stef Botha Photography

"2This weeks action.
As most of you know the Mjejane males returned to Mjejane and killed Mbilu, one of the Vurhami's. We aren't sure where Mo is at this stage. 2 of the Mjejane's were seen on the Jock concession after they left Mjejane and another male was seen on the S119. 
All the commotion left Mjejane empty. Apparently 2 lions were spotted in front of lodge 47 on Kruger side and a lioness was seen on the western side of the reserve, but I'm not 100% sure about these sightings. 
At least we still have birds and sunset" 

Well theres the explanation how they caught Mbilu, Toya was on the flank and he run straight into him..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Brains and brawn
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 09:49 PM by Brahim )

Xihamham, The Shishangaan Boss!
Credit: Karolina Norée Wild

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

The Last Vurhami.

The once 6 young warriors who came from the Vurhami pride and captured the hearts of many. Sons of the mighty Shishangeni coalition and future kings of the south. Since last year July things took a darker turn for this Coalition when they stepped foot into Mjejane Game Reserve. They found a new area they wanted to dominate but unfortunately this area was already dominated by their half brothers the 3 powerful Mjejane males. The outcome was one Vurhami was killed by Mjejane males and soon after another two were suspected killed by Mjejanes, and later on another was killed leaving the last two. They left the area and survived but returned later to Mjejane when the Mjejane males had seemed to left and found new territory.

However today shows that the Mjejane males had no intention of vacating anything and were simply on vacation. We all knew the Vurhami were playing with fire and today the smaller of the last two was caught and the bigger Vurhami barely got away. At this moment we were told the smaller boy was brutally attacked and killed... The boy pictured here the Last Vurhami and the last hope for the Vurhami Coalition. The journey ahead is a hard one, without the support of his 5 brothers, with big coalitions all over the south, nowhere is safe. All eyes are on you, don’t give up, we believe in you, Last Vurhami!

Kruger National Park , South Africa.
- Photographer Credit
To Follow & for Print : @leovantagedave

10 users Like Cunaguaro's post