There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(07-13-2024, 11:01 PM)RookiePundit Wrote:
(07-13-2024, 08:51 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(07-13-2024, 08:30 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Crazy that they do what their fathers did.  Wish they would staytogether especially after losing 1 brother and Mohawk leaving

Obviously this is in no way confirmed, but I wonder if Chelas boy and Ridge Nose son are simply just more developed atp, not just in their obvious physical appearance but in their quest to become dominant, pride males. They may be more willing to try and claim their own territory, as seen by videos of them scent marking and patrolling whereas Chipped Tooth, the remaining twin isn’t quite at that stage yet. He’s more willing to hang back and is content with what he already has.

The twins would be Chipped Tooth and Lip Scar? And which one was Lip Scar seen bonding with so well?

Lipscar seemed to have a great bond with all his brothers, especially Ridge Nose son and Chelas boy. I remember him being spotted on his own with either of them a few times. I think you’re prolly on about his interaction with Chelas boy in Sabi Sands when it was just the two of them grooming each other.
2 users Like KM600's post

RookiePundit Offline

(07-13-2024, 11:08 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(07-13-2024, 11:01 PM)RookiePundit Wrote:
(07-13-2024, 08:51 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(07-13-2024, 08:30 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Crazy that they do what their fathers did.  Wish they would staytogether especially after losing 1 brother and Mohawk leaving

Obviously this is in no way confirmed, but I wonder if Chelas boy and Ridge Nose son are simply just more developed atp, not just in their obvious physical appearance but in their quest to become dominant, pride males. They may be more willing to try and claim their own territory, as seen by videos of them scent marking and patrolling whereas Chipped Tooth, the remaining twin isn’t quite at that stage yet. He’s more willing to hang back and is content with what he already has.

The twins would be Chipped Tooth and Lip Scar? And which one was Lip Scar seen bonding with so well?

Lipscar seemed to have a great bond with all his brothers, especially Ridge Nose son and Chelas boy. I remember him being spotted on his own with either of them a few times. I think you’re prolly on about his interaction with Chelas boy in Sabi Sands when it was just the two of them grooming each other.

That's gotta be the one, thank you.
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

Ttimemarti Offline

It’s very strange and kinda scary but purple eyes son looks at lot like darkmane not saying that his son but he likes it be on his own like darkmane while the two others that look like Mohawk and blondie spend a lot of their time together crazy
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-13-2024, 11:04 PM)KM600 Wrote:

If you're every having a terrible day, then you need look no further than this video, right here, for an instant pick me up. If this video doesn't do it, I suggest returning to bed for the remainder of the day.
5 users Like BA0701's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Maybe It's a little circumstantial but the Northern Avocas are probably the best lion fathers I have come across recently. They had close relations with all their sons and kind of took them under their wings during the critical phase of nomadic-hood. DM Avoca had a close bond with the Talamati boys and they were essentially a sudo coalition, at times even fighting off S8 and whoever else. Then Mohawk led the 4 Nkuhumas with him and they were able to benefit from having an older male with them. And now that they have moved on, Mohawk is hanging out with this young male and providing support which I think he definitely needs considering he's still young and alone. Just an interesting observation.
4 users Like sik94's post

Ttimemarti Offline

They are great fathers I remember the londolozi video of darkmane and darkmane jr together without the pride and if I’m being completely honest darkmane jr went nomadic before his brother which is very weird his brother (khanya) was with their 4 sisters and his mother then they met up a few months later
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Go131810 Offline

(07-14-2024, 05:35 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: They are great fathers I remember the londolozi video of darkmane and darkmane jr together without the pride and if I’m being completely honest darkmane jr went nomadic before his brother which is very weird his brother (khanya) was with their 4 sisters and his mother then they met up a few months later

Hi I wanted to ask how is it weird? Wasn’t Dark mane jr older? I want the younger Talamatie male lion on his own for sometimes and Dark mane jr was with his sisters. Dark mane jr. I  think went nomadic then went with her sisters? I think then the young Talamati male lion was on his own and then with Mohawk and the Nukhuma lions?

Go131810 Offline

(07-14-2024, 05:30 AM)sik94 Wrote: Maybe It's a little circumstantial but the Northern Avocas are probably the best lion fathers I have come across recently. They had close relations with all their sons and kind of took them under their wings during the critical phase of nomadic-hood. DM Avoca had a close bond with the Talamati boys and they were essentially a sudo coalition, at times even fighting off S8 and whoever else. Then Mohawk led the 4 Nkuhumas with him and they were able to benefit from having an older male with them. And now that they have moved on, Mohawk is hanging out with this young male and providing support which I think he definitely needs considering he's still young and alone. Just an interesting observation.

Hi I read your post again. I think you are right it was circumstantial but I also think they were good fathers. I remember seeing a video I think Mohawk was defunding his 4 young Nkuhuma male lion sons when they were younger I think; when the Palin Camp male lions were around.
2 users Like Go131810's post

Mwk85 Offline

Mohawk seen on his own this time. Numerous tracks of lionesses were seen in the same area so the young male may have joined back up with them since the PC's are back in the west.

6 users Like Mwk85's post

Friarfan619 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-17-2024, 11:33 AM by Friarfan619 )

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Mohawk

" target="_blank" class="post_link"> 

7 users Like Friarfan619's post

( This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 03:20 PM by KM600 )

Khanya and Nkuhuma Male still together at Londolozi 

*This image is copyright of its original author
11 users Like KM600's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 06:07 PM by criollo2mil )

Mohawk with the Nkuhumas

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Colombia afortich Offline
Contributor

(07-18-2024, 06:06 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Mohawk with the Nkuhumas

Great to see Mohawk in good condition and still in the survival fight.
3 users Like afortich's post

Colombia afortich Offline
Contributor

BDM joined Mohawk and Nkuhumas

3 users Like afortich's post

( This post was last modified: 07-19-2024, 05:00 PM by KM600 )

Boys still together at Nkorho, Mohawk and a few of the Nkuhumas were also spotted here. 

5 users Like KM600's post