There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

More Birmingham pride on WILDwatch Virtual Safari:

7 users Like Mapokser's post

Philippines Redroad male Offline
Banned

6 users Like Redroad male's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The Black Dam males moved up north again after being away from the area for a little bit. It seems like the lion dynamics are changing completely, also since Mapoza has not been seen for a while now.

Early in the morning before game drive heard the deep roars of multiple male lions. We knew immediately that the black dam males were back in the area to claim land. We found them not too far from the lodge still patrolling along the boundaries of their territory. We were able to  get ahead of them a couple of times in which then then walked straight passed us. Insane feeling to be so close to these big cats, especially since it was 3 of them together. They were marking territory persistently in order to make sure that there is no doubt about who claimed this land. Epic sighting!

6 users Like Potato's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-14-2024, 04:57 PM by criollo2mil )

In what would be an amazing opportunity, Avoca Young Male and Birmingham YM (The Nephew) were seen together in what could be a fledgling coalition.    Let’s hope this is the start of a great joint venture.  

I will post the actual video when I get to computer

Credit:  Kobus Strauss

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Mayambula young male, son of Skorro males, apperantly subs where accepted by Birmingham Breakaway males (for now):

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(06-14-2024, 04:56 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: In what would be an amazing opportunity, Avoca Young Male and Birmingham YM (The Nephew) were seen together in what could be a fledgling coalition.    Let’s hope this is the start of a great joint venture.  

I will post the actual video when I get to computer

Credit:  Kobus Strauss

Hey bro, is this Birmingham YM the one that was coalition partner with the Torchwood male??
1 user Likes afortich's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-14-2024, 08:31 PM)afortich Wrote: Hey bro, is this Birmingham YM the one that was coalition partner with the Torchwood male??

No, his nephew (sisters son) born in early 2020, sired by Ross males.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-14-2024, 09:10 PM by afortich )

(06-14-2024, 08:52 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 08:31 PM)afortich Wrote: Hey bro, is this Birmingham YM the one that was coalition partner with the Torchwood male??

No, his nephew (sisters son) born in early 2020, sired by Ross males.

Got it, thanks! 
this was Bimingham ousted alone, right??
1 user Likes afortich's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-14-2024, 09:47 PM by afortich )

Avoca young male and Birmingham young male (BYM's nephew)

6 users Like afortich's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-14-2024, 09:05 PM)afortich Wrote: Was this Bimingham ousted alone??

He didnt have brothers and was too young to join white and 2 tawny males, his older brothers.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-15-2024, 12:07 AM by afortich )

(06-14-2024, 09:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 09:05 PM)afortich Wrote: Was this Bimingham ousted alone??

He didnt have brothers and was too young to join white and 2 tawny males, his older brothers.

That's why I asked bro because I remember that a while ago one young male was ousted alone. Thanks!!
2 users Like afortich's post

Mwk85 Offline

Mapoza and the Monwana Pride are back at Thornybush. Northern Black Dam males have moved back south for the time being. 

8 users Like Mwk85's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Torchwood male seen in KNP. 
Tintswalo male ‘Ncile’ was nearby
Photo credit: Kobus de Beer

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like T I N O's post

Go131810 Offline

(06-15-2024, 04:59 PM)T I N O Wrote: The Torchwood male seen in KNP. 
Tintswalo male ‘Ncile’ was nearby
Photo credit: Kobus de Beer

*This image is copyright of its original author

He is a beautiful male lion. He looks like Nehena. He has a dark mane. What about his partner? It seems he has not been seen? I am happy seeing this young male lion. I always think of the Styxt male lion may he rest. He would have been a beautiful male lion, and an interesting male lion. The Styxt male lion with his half brother ;it would of been interesting if they were still together and could of been with Mahangeni lionesses, and is the same thing I would think when he was with Nehena may he rest. I am remembering how Nehena was interested in Gingerella and her partner the Ximuguwe lioness.

Ttimemarti Offline

Anything on the xikukutsu males?