There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

adamstocks16 Offline

Yeah it seems Mapoza has a good bond with his sons, reminds me of the situation with Mohawk and a similar scenario may end up playing out. Did it mention if the young Birmingham male was present at the time as he and the Avoca boy have been hanging together recently.
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

KM600 Offline

(06-29-2024, 03:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-29-2024, 02:51 PM)KM600 Wrote: Young Avoca male had a run in with the Monwana Pride. He was feeding with them until Mapoza showed up with his sons and they gave him a lil beating. That one young male to the right is real aggressive, looks like he went straight for the neck.

Good to hear that Mapoza is spending a lot of time with his sons, he will eventually lose the pride and can lean on that strong bond to occupy somewhere else with his sons.

Hope Avoca got away without serious injuries from his father and cousins.

How many Monwana young males? Looks like 5 or 6 on the video if im not mistaken.

When are these guys born in 2020 exactly? They look good.

I believe they were born in 2020, heard there’s 3 older brothers and 2 younger ones. 

Didn’t look like a serious beating, they just slapped him around a bit and allowed him to run off.
1 user Likes KM600's post

KM600 Offline

(06-29-2024, 04:00 PM)adamstocks16 Wrote: Yeah it seems Mapoza has a good bond with his sons, reminds me of the situation with Mohawk and a similar scenario may end up playing out. Did it mention if the young Birmingham male was present at the time as he and the Avoca boy have been hanging together recently.

Think the BB and Avoca male split just as quick as they joined together, atleast for now. The BB was following a buffalo herd that 3 BDMs were also said to be following just the other day.
2 users Like KM600's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-29-2024, 02:51 PM)KM600 Wrote: Young Avoca male had a run in with the Monwana Pride. He was feeding with them until Mapoza showed up with his sons and they gave him a lil beating. That one young male to the right is real aggressive, looks like he went straight for the neck.

Good to hear that Mapoza is spending a lot of time with his sons, he will eventually lose the pride and can lean on that strong bond to occupy somewhere else with his sons.

Those young Monwanas look big, powerhouses in the making.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-29-2024, 04:00 PM)adamstocks16 Wrote: Did it mention if the young Birmingham male was present at the time as he and the Avoca boy have been hanging together recently.

Birmingham boy was seen in the same area with BBreakaway female recently.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

Scar Mbiri with some Birmingham females and cubs, he is in great conditions. Guide gets a bit too excited saying "watch the size of this one, the size of a car."

4 users Like Mapokser's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

Scar Mbiri with cubs at Ngala, thanks @Ngonya for sending me this:

4 users Like Mapokser's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

Damn it seems the owner of the profile made it private.

But here Shaka I believe from the same sighting:

5 users Like Mapokser's post

BigLion39 Offline

(06-26-2024, 10:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Apperantly Kovu is quite older then the rest, so he is possibly sired by Avoca/Giraffes.

But he is also similar to Tyson Ross male, so who knows.

My 1st thought was he resemble Tyson but thats before I read Avoca-Giraffe males were still domonant at that time.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(06-27-2024, 11:09 PM)Mwk85 Wrote:

As per a guide (I think) Renion Mercedo (I probably butchered the spelling of his name) Torchwood was close by YBM so both are alive, well, and still together.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

That guy with that name isn't a guide tho, just a fan.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

He is looking in great condition. He was on his own again?
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(Yesterday, 01:34 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:

As per a guide (I think) Renion Mercedo (I probably butchered the spelling of his name) Torchwood was close by YBM so both are alive, well, and still together.

He isn’t a guide. Just a follower of lions
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(06-28-2024, 12:09 AM)Potato Wrote: Five Male Lions feeding on a Giraffe | Birmingham Breakaway Males | 27 June 2024

The boys are looking in top shape, a force to be reckoned with without a doubt!
3 users Like T I N O's post